Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > Lords of the Fallen

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. No subject Jul 14, 2014, 12:51 Quinn

It does, doesn't it? One of the #1 games I'm looking forward to. It came out of nowhere to me. Too much PR is too much, but this title really needs/deserves more hype, I think.

Bought Severance - Blade of Darkness again for about 1 dollar on GOG. Started playing again. It still plays extremely well. Like I said: There's no game out there with better melee combat. I disagree with the statement it's Dark Souls. That game doesn't play tankish, just sluggish -- specifically designed for you to die. As the Lords of the Fallen dev said: Our game is challenging like Dark Souls, just without the frustration. ^^

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Lords of the Fallen Jul 14, 2014, 07:32 eRe4s3r

Here be gameplay vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAB1PBgW8Y4

Looks really neat

1. Lords of the Fallen Jul 10, 2014, 08:52 Quinn

A game that only just now gave a bleep on my radar is Lords of the Fallen. Yesterday I gave it a little look on Youtube; watched some of the gameplay vids. For a hack&slash, this game looks delicious. You're a tankish character... moreso ala Dark Souls than, say.. Darksiders or God of War.

The devs themselves compare it with Dark Souls, but only because they don't know the following game or think the public doesn't: Because this game looks and seems to feel like the next gen Severance - Blade of Darkness!

Anywow, it's because of that subjective observation that I'm excited about this (albeit surely consolized) game that'll be out this october! Man, Severance is still one of my favorite games ever. IMO, it still has the best third-person melee combat to date!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo