Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > 4K monitors

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: 4K monitors Feb 4, 2014, 11:01 Ratty

Thanks Sepharo. That doesn't surprise me about a TV where you sit much farther away than a monitor. It also occurred to me that 4Ks are often larger than normal HD monitors. I don't think 1080 would look so good on a larger screen, but from your experience with your friend's TV they might look as good or better than on a standard HD screen of the same size.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: 4K monitors Feb 4, 2014, 02:30 Sepharo

Ratty wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 10:51:
I'm thinking about 4K monitors. When I got my latest PC I saved the monitor from my last PC but now I'm thinking of getting a new one. For some of the photographic work I do I could really benefit a lot from a 4K monitor, but I don't want it to impact my gaming. I'm not ready to invest in multiple graphics cards yet so I know I'm not going to be playing the latest games in 4K. Here's my question: since the vertical and horizontal resolutions are exactly twice standard HD, can I play games at 1920x1080 on a 4K and get the same quality as I get with my current standard HD monitor? Anyone have a 4K? Any gotchas I haven't thought about? Is it best to wait another year or so?

A friend of mine just got a 4K TV and his 1080 games looked great. I'd say they looked better than a 1080 monitor but I know that technically that doesn't make sense.

1. 4K monitors Feb 3, 2014, 10:51 Ratty

I'm thinking about 4K monitors. When I got my latest PC I saved the monitor from my last PC but now I'm thinking of getting a new one. For some of the photographic work I do I could really benefit a lot from a 4K monitor, but I don't want it to impact my gaming. I'm not ready to invest in multiple graphics cards yet so I know I'm not going to be playing the latest games in 4K. Here's my question: since the vertical and horizontal resolutions are exactly twice standard HD, can I play games at 1920x1080 on a 4K and get the same quality as I get with my current standard HD monitor? Anyone have a 4K? Any gotchas I haven't thought about? Is it best to wait another year or so?  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo