Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > CoJ - Gunslinger & Van Helsing

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. No subject May 25, 2013, 13:28 eRe4s3r

Indeed to each their own

My favorite class is still Necromancer in D2 modded running around with 30+ skeletons is always awesome ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. No subject May 25, 2013, 10:04 Quinn

Thanks for that reply, eRe4s3r!

To see for myself, I pirated the game and used it as a demo (which is what I always do if there's no official demo available). I enjoyed the first bit allot, killed the scarecrow boss and alt-F4'ed the game to buy it.

Didn't have a chance to continue playing yet.

To me, personally, replayability is overrated. I never replay a game until years later. At that point, the memory of the game and the feel of it is faded to such an extent I almost always pick the same class again (if multiple chars is an option). So the fact that you can only play as Van Helsing is of no problem to me at all. It would have been, of course, if I had found out I didn't like his kinda class, which I luckily do like.

That the story is great is a triple plus for me. Often I think ARPGs are too long and lack character. Because they only put development time in 1 playable character, they evidently were able to put more effort in the story and dialogue. Again, that's a gigantic positive thing for me.

To each their own! Thanks again though, mate!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

6. No subject May 24, 2013, 19:06 eRe4s3r

I posted my drivel about Helsing here in another comment -> Link

Anyhow, I agree, one class limitation and the way combat works turned me off majorly, which is a real shame, the game is not all terrible, story and dialog are great, but it's not worth it to suffer through imo. So much effort went into this, I wish it would rather have went into more in-depth class options, more diverse skills, and way more diverse loot ((And naturally, more random levels, all that's random here are the enemy positions (to an extent) and the loot....) and more fleshed out ghost companion (which is an interesting mechanic, but under-developed like nearly everything else except graphics)

Basically, nice looking but ultimately mediocre game. Not worth 13 unless you REALLY grave for a relatively dumbed down ARPG experience with 1 class and 0 replay-ability. Though there are side quests and such, but not enough to motivate you...

5. No subject May 23, 2013, 23:25 Redmask

Found both very bland and lifeless, one class limitation for VH and general clunkiness was lame too. Gunslinger has a bad FOV and feels too much like previous efforts in the shooting department. I see why there isn't any excitement around them. Back to the excellent Dishonored DLC, toodlez!

This comment was edited on May 23, 2013, 23:35.

4. Re: CoJ - Gunslinger & Van Helsing May 23, 2013, 09:14 Quinn

Haha yup!

Van Helsing still stands though!

Playing Gunslinger atm! FOV is absolutely horrible. I had no problem with Metro LL but proper FOV is so much more important in a trigger-happy FPS like Gunslinger. Argh, my head is exploding.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: CoJ - Gunslinger & Van Helsing May 22, 2013, 19:13 Kosumo

So we had 18 mins to answer you and sway your choice! Laugh2  

2. Re: CoJ - Gunslinger & Van Helsing May 22, 2013, 13:18 Quinn

Argh! I knew it! Saw Gunslinger on GMG for 12,- and I bought it. I'll let you guys know what I think of that game instead!  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

1. CoJ - Gunslinger & Van Helsing May 22, 2013, 13:00 Quinn

Both games are released today. Both have a nice price of around 13 euros. What are your thoughts on the game? I still have no idea whether to buy them or not but since I've finished Metro LL I'm desperate for a new game

I've no idea where The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing came from. Never heard of it being in the making! But the videos look pretty good!

Well, just throw your thoughts out there and maybe you can help me decide ^^

Thanks in advance,
Vince

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo