Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > Bioshock Infinite install from DVD problem

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Bioshock Infinite install from DVD problem Mar 29, 2013, 02:37 2nd_floor

There are a few people posting about the problem I got, with a few different variations. I ended up downloading the remaining 6 GBs. Not sure if it's a Steam or Bioshock issue, strange though!

I guess when you do get games installed/patched through Steam, not having to have the DVD in the drive is nice, however getting the game installed/patched sure can have very annoying issues, time after time!!

What a bunch of freedom Steam takes away from you in general though. How do they not yet have it in the GUI to choose the install source for a game, rather than it defaulting to downloading it?!?! (I know about the command line option)

People complain that Uplay is the bad one, but it lets you do things that Steam does not (manual install, manual patching). Hard to say Steam is the good one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Bioshock Infinite install from DVD problem Mar 29, 2013, 00:26 Kosumo

Cant help you sorry but will give thread a bump for luck.

Really enjoying the game, playing on Hard, just after Finktown.

Combat is hard but fun. (Cool to ride those rials)

1. Bioshock Infinite install from DVD problem Mar 27, 2013, 22:22 2nd_floor

I know other people have this issue, any solutions without having to download the rest of the game?

The installer finishes with disc 1 and asks for disc 2. I insert disc 2 and click ok. The installer immediately says it has finished installing the game without copying any files from disc 2 or 3,but then Steam starts to download the remaining 5 GBs of the game.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo