Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > Guild Wars 2 Guild

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. No subject Sep 23, 2012, 16:56 Mordecai Walfish

I'm also on Tarnished Coast

Asuran Thief named Cojiro Amakusa

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. No subject Sep 17, 2012, 01:33 JohnnyRotten

Server: Tarnished Coast.
Character: Ranger - Aiuj

25. No subject Aug 29, 2012, 13:54 Agent.X7

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 16:13:
Server: Tarnished Coast
Char Engineer - Cid Felhorn

GO CHARR!

I wore my Charr t-shirt from Penny Arcade on Saturday, hehe. And my stuffed Charr sits behind my desk at home. And now my giant Charr statue sits to the left of my monitor, next to Nathan Drake and Claptrap.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

24. No subject Aug 28, 2012, 16:13 SimplyMonk

Server: Tarnished Coast
Char Engineer - Cid Felhorn

23. No subject Aug 25, 2012, 07:01 Acleacius

Servers are filling fast and just had a server crash. Ok looks like forums and wiki are crashed to, think this is the full monty!

Server: Sanctum of Rall
Human Necro - Cannibella

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2012, 07:18.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

22. No subject Aug 25, 2012, 03:23 Bucky

Server: Sanctum of Rall
Charr Warrior - Trake Einar

Played for 3 hours straight. Need to sleep. Having too much fun to even remember to blink.

I really like the that the Hall of Monuments rewards will just reskin your existing gear instead of replacing it.

I'm going to lose so much time to this game.

21. No subject Aug 25, 2012, 01:23 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 01:11:
Ok, I'm on Tarnished Coast. Elf Ranger name of Waxx. Will be starting a guild soon, pst for invites!

Same server.

Jordan Kayyne - Charr Ranger
Colewyn Sevenstar - Human Elementalist

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

20. No subject Aug 25, 2012, 01:11 Cutter

Ok, I'm on Tarnished Coast. Elf Ranger name of Waxx. Will be starting a guild soon, pst for invites!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

19. No subject Aug 25, 2012, 01:01 Acleacius

Thanks Bucky.

I'm at the install/download screen, didn't realize we couldn't actually install yet. Figured they let everyone download pre release but wouldn't let us log into servers yet. Damn, they are going to take a huge hit in 2 hours.

Edit: Got it downloading, hadn't confirmed email yet.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2012, 01:21.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

18. No subject Aug 24, 2012, 23:37 Bucky

Acleacius wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 23:03:
Anyone know if there is a good racial match for each the Necro, Elementalist and Mesmer? The wiki site has crashed and the main page isn't showing any details I can find.

Thanks for any tips.

Considering the whole Foefire/Ghosts of Ascalon thing, I personally think Humans are a great fit for the Necromancer. The only other lore I can remember offhand is that the Charr generally distrust magic, except for the Flame Legion, which happens to be fighting the rest of the Charr.

17. No subject Aug 24, 2012, 23:03 Acleacius

Anyone know if there is a good racial match for each the Necro, Elementalist and Mesmer? The wiki site has crashed and the main page isn't showing any details I can find.

Thanks for any tips.

16. No subject Aug 24, 2012, 19:28 Agent.X7

So excited right now. Cannot wait to log in and blast some guys with my elementalist.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

15. No subject Aug 24, 2012, 15:22 Wolfox

I'll be in Sanctum of Rall, with the Gaiscioch guild, but since you can be a member of more than one guild in GW2, I'd like to also be a member of the Blue's Guild ;-)

Oh yeah, look for "Watchman Lee" or "Angela Bennett" in game. Not sure what my main will be, but I'll definitely create those characters... so you can use them to add me to your contacts list.

See you all there later today!

14. No subject Aug 24, 2012, 01:16 OpticNerve

As Bucky has said, guilds can span across multiple worlds and even better, you can temporarily Guest visit to a friend's server to play with them or vise versa (party up with them and right click to get the option). Although I have heard that it won't be available right away on the launch date but it will be in soonish (was working in the early stress tests but was kind of broken in the later ones).

Also keep in mind that ArenaNet has said that there will be free server transfers for the first few days on launch so that people can find a world server that suits them.

The only thing that picking a world server is mainly for is World vs World (vs World). If your friends aren't in the same world as you, you can't participate in WvWvW with them.

Since you can join multiple guilds, I'd definitely be interested in joining a Blues one for GW2.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

13. No subject Aug 24, 2012, 00:48 Bucky

Acleacius wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 00:32:
Dades wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 16:05:
With a heavy emphasis on PvP in Guild Wars 2 I don't want to be worrying about stuff like that.
I've been trying to avoid all the media but damn is that right, it's design is heavily pvp? I thought their design was based more on updating Coop play. Sadly, a pvp design would mean a no sale for me and I was really looking forward to checking this out.

I think that's mistaken perception of the game. It has a strong focus on story and PvE as well as PvP and WvW. GW2 is really whatever you want it to be. I personally have little interest in any of the PvP aspects of the game, though I'll probably try them out at some point. I'm getting GW2 for the story, the exploration, and the community PvE that I've never seen in another game.

12. No subject Aug 24, 2012, 00:32 Acleacius

With a heavy emphasis on PvP in Guild Wars 2 I don't want to be worrying about stuff like that.
I've been trying to avoid all the media but damn is that right, it's design is heavily pvp? I thought their design was based more on updating Coop play. Sadly, a pvp design would mean a no sale for me and I was really looking forward to checking this out.

11. No subject Aug 23, 2012, 18:24 Agent.X7

Tarnished Coast it is, I guess.

Human Elementalist.
Charr Ranger.
Charr Engineer.
Norn Warrior.

Probably more later on.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. No subject Aug 23, 2012, 13:25 Cutter

Going to avoid an RP experience here, people tend to have all sorts of weird rules about speaking in character and etc. With a heavy emphasis on PvP in Guild Wars 2 I don't want to be worrying about stuff like that. Several of the big guilds from WOW are settling on Maguuma which is where I'll probably end up.

There are no official RP servers so there are no rules. We can post char names and servers here later so anyone on the same servers can join up.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. No subject Aug 23, 2012, 12:26 Bucky

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 10:30:
So then we're all in agreement? Separate servers for everyone!

If I end up purchasing GW2 I'll post my server here. Can guilds span servers or are we SOL if everyone splits apart?

Guilds can span servers. The only limitation is WvW participation.

8. No subject Aug 23, 2012, 11:53 SimplyMonk

Tarnished Coast - Char Engineer  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo