Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > CODMw2... Multiplayer disappointment

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. No subject Jun 11, 2010, 12:45 One Paranoid Kid

Yeah, I've had the same idea. On console, he multiplayer is hopelessly addictive. On PC, I can't decide whether I like it or hate it. Many times, it frustrates me more than excites, which is why I stopped playing.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. No subject Mar 29, 2010, 05:58 Bluemood

Verno wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 15:21:
I've played the PC version at a friends place a few times. The hit prediction code they used for this game is beyond retarded, the gameplay looks like a more arcadey version of Counter-Strike with higher production values and the removal of dedicated servers ensure a massive host advantage. There's nothing to really like about it unless you are used to this type of experience.

Well, I had quite mixed feelings. First, didnt like it at all. Afterwards so so.

2. No subject Feb 1, 2010, 15:21 Verno

I've played the PC version at a friends place a few times. The hit prediction code they used for this game is beyond retarded, the gameplay looks like a more arcadey version of Counter-Strike with higher production values and the removal of dedicated servers ensure a massive host advantage. There's nothing to really like about it unless you are used to this type of experience.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

1. CODMw2... Multiplayer disappointment Jan 6, 2010, 12:08 Greghis Khan

OK, I knew before I bought the game that there was no dedicated server, and I bought it anyway. The singleplayer and special ops were definitely worth it. I was also quite pleased with how well the game runs on a 2 year old 3.2GHz Pentium D with a recent $100 video card upgrade. (Nvidio 9800GSO 768MB)

The multiplayer OTOH, is terrible. Unlike the rock-steady singleplayer, it continually crashes/hangs after 3 maps or less. I am also quite disappointed by the secondary effects of the lack of dedicated servers: the matchmaking is lame, aimbots and wall hacks are not uncommon and there's no way to get away from the trash talkers and bunnyhoppers.

It's a darn shamem, as the weapons are excellent and the maps are terrific. But if I wanted to play Halo, I'd go get an Xbox.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo