Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > Emulators

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Emulators Apr 1, 2011, 07:48 Rockn-Roll

Well...there is the Amiga Emulator or Amiga Forever. These aren't console emulators, but the Amiga was first and foremost a gaming system. There is a rich variety of games made specifically for it. In fact, many of the most popular PC games were developed and introduced for the first time on the Amiga. The one game that comes to my mind every time I think of the Amiga system is Dungeon Master released in 1987 from FTL Games. You would be familiar with this game on the SNES system under the name "AD&D Eye of The Beholder" from Capcom released in 1994. The PC version was released in 1990.  

Let's Rock!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Emulators Mar 26, 2011, 12:42 AirWreck

Maybe this belongs under consoles... I just wanted to see what emulators people use on blues. Here are some I've liked:

PS1: espxe (a bit of a pain to set up)
SNES: zsnes
N64: mupen64plus (really impressed with how well this works)
NES: ubernes (This has a lot of unique online features: high score tracking, speed run tracking, and movie recording. There's also a screen-saver that uses those movies to show a movie wall of several games being emulated simultaneously.)

I've also used Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced, MAME, and Genesis emulators, but I mostly come back to NES and SNES when I hanker for some older console gaming.

So any emulator recommendations? Or great older console games worth checking out that may have been missed?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo