Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > Blues News Top 3 PC Games of All Time

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. No subject Sep 14, 2011, 14:48 Sambuca

1. Tribes (original)
2. Deus Ex (original)
3. L4D2

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Blues News Top 3 PC Games of All Time Jun 8, 2011, 14:08 Aresbece

1 Myth

2 Conquest of the New World

3 Tribes

23. No subject May 12, 2011, 15:19 SykesN.

1. Dungeon Keeper 2
2. Civilization IV
3. Unreal Tournament

22. No subject May 12, 2011, 01:28 Heisenzerg

1. world of warcraft, soo good to me.
2. morrowind 2nd most time spent in any game, i played it for *years*!
3. starcraft or alpha centari, I cant decide!!

21. No subject Apr 1, 2011, 08:11 Rockn-Roll

1. Thief: The Dark Project
2. Clive Barker's Undying
3. Quake 3 Rocket Arena

For Thief, the level designs alone puts it in an all-time first place. The only game that has come close to that quality of level design is Undying...which is why it's second. But, undying also have an awesome story and a huge variety of atmospheres...actually very similar to Thief in that way. But, what also puts Thief in first is that Looking Glass Studios also made System Shock and the famed sequel System Shock 2 (which was later used as a reference for BioShock). And, since Looking Glass Studios is no more...then there will never be another equal to it; thus, it has to be #1.

Quake 3 Rocket Arena is of course a mod, but some players would say it's what the game should have been at the start...instead of finding weapons in the maps...everyone starts out with all the weapons with the same amount of ammo; thus, on equal footing. And, when you are killed you can't just respawn to get back into the game...more realistic...more equal competition...loads of honest fun. Unfortunately, the skill requirement is very very high and only the elite actually continued playing it because if your skills are just average then you get killed in the first few seconds and spend the remaining 2 minutes watching everyone else have fun. But, it's still a favorite FPS at QuakeCon.

Let's Rock!

20. Re: Blues News Top 3 PC Games of All Time Nov 13, 2010, 13:16 thurman

Alpha Centuari
Unreal Tournament
Age of Empires 2

Spent hundreds of hours on each of these.

Master of Magic and the original Wizardry just missed the list.

buzard

19. No subject Oct 31, 2010, 15:06 Bucky

Bucky wrote on Jul 24, 2010, 12:25:
1. Half-Life
2. Command & Conquer
3. Guild Wars

The first two were easy, the third could be filled by a number of games. I decided on Guild Wars simply because of the sheer amount of time I put into that game, along with the fact that any mention of Guild Wars 2 makes me giddy.

I need to ammend my list:

1. Half-Life
2. Command & Conquer
3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

KotOR is the game that introduced me to the entire RPG genre, and is definitely my #3.

18. No subject Oct 31, 2010, 14:48 xXBatmanXx

This is pretty difficult:

Off of the top of my head, and I will probably change this:

1. DoD, DoD Source (HL, HL2 engine in general)
2. GTA series (I think more about the top down then recent stuff)
3. Quake 2 (more so 2 than 1, bc of the mods)

If I didn't have the above 3, my gaming would probably be cut in half over the years. These are the 3 games that really made an impression on me and kept me going all this time.
Looking at everyone's list, we probably have some of the best games ever in these lists. I could have just restated some of the others, but I thought it made the most sense to list the games I have spent literally THOUSANDS of hours on.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

17. No subject Jul 24, 2010, 12:29 Gymper

1. Oblivion - Modded of course
2. World of Warcraft - Up until last year, I spent more time with this than any game ever. Good, bad, indifferent - it ranks!
3. Unreal Tournament

16. No subject Jul 24, 2010, 12:25 Bucky

1. Half-Life
2. Command & Conquer
3. Guild Wars

The first two were easy, the third could be filled by a number of games. I decided on Guild Wars simply because of the sheer amount of time I put into that game, along with the fact that any mention of Guild Wars 2 makes me giddy.

15. No subject Jul 22, 2010, 13:18 ApologeticRobotShoulders

1. Starcraft
2. Counter-Strike
3. Call of Duty 1

I guess this would be it.

14. No subject Jul 22, 2010, 00:09 Yifes

Personal three favourites. It's tough, but you can do it.

Ha. In that case:

X-COM
Alpha Centauri
Jagged Alliance 2

Although I keep on wanting to substitute Starcraft or Unreal Touranment or PST for the #2 and 3 spots just for the sake of variety.

Edit: Wow, the most recent game on my list was made in 1999. Maybe part of it is just the nostalgia talking. Actually 4 of those games came out in 1999. Damn that was a good year.

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 2010, 00:24.

13. No subject Jul 20, 2010, 07:22 CreamyBlood

I want the first top three that are dear to your heart. Yes it's hard, that's why I made it top three. In my case I listed what I spent a lot of time on and really liked. Not necessararly the best games of all time according to critics or your buddies. What *you* like.

I don't want this to devolve into a discussion, make another thread for a particular game or genre if it needs to be done.

You may change your vote as time goes on. If this get's long enough, I'll compile a spreadsheet and make a long list adding up the three top ones and showing the rest. This will help 'normal' people pick good games. That is my hope.

We don't have enough of a sampling yet. If you like Oblivion, list it, I won't laugh, that's not the point. I'm sure Jerykk will list Tribes (forgot number).

Let's keep it short and sweet, just list them even if it's embarrasing. Use your own criteria; most time played, favourite in heart, guilty pleasure, who cares? Just list them. They have to be PC games though.

I'm playing PST right now for the first time ever (I know, lucky me) so maybe I'll change mine in a few months, but for now, just go for it, and feel free to change your vote as your ponder upon it. I won't be adding things up for awhile.

If it was obviously designed for a console and sucks shit but you like it anyway and there is a PC port for it, then it counts. Go ahead. List it.

Personal three favourites. It's tough, but you can do it.

It takes a brave man to admit his weaknesses. And most of us are old around here now and don't give a shit anymore so vote you rickety old cunts. And you young whipper snappers too!

12. No subject Jul 16, 2010, 17:59 Yifes

That's why he asks for your best three.

He asks for that in the post, but the title of the thread is "Top 3 PC Games of All Time." Just clarifying.

11. No subject Jul 12, 2010, 22:45 Sepharo

Yifes wrote on Jul 12, 2010, 18:46:
Limiting things to just 3 is pretty damn hard.

Also, I'd like to note that Top 3 PC games of all time should be different from your personal favorite 3 games of all time. The top 3 should be measured by how groundbreaking and influential a game is.

For example, while my favorite game of all time is probably X-COM, I would not list it amongst the Top 3 PC games of all time. And while I would not say DOOM is a personal favorite, it definitely belongs on any list of top PC games.

That's why he asks for your best three.

10. No subject Jul 12, 2010, 18:46 Yifes

Limiting things to just 3 is pretty damn hard.

Also, I'd like to note that Top 3 PC games of all time should be different from your personal favorite 3 games of all time. The top 3 should be measured by how groundbreaking and influential a game is.

For example, while my favorite game of all time is probably X-COM, I would not list it amongst the Top 3 PC games of all time. And while I would not say DOOM is a personal favorite, it definitely belongs on any list of top PC games.

9. No subject Jul 11, 2010, 18:24 Sepharo

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 11, 2010, 17:48:
3) Sam & Max: Hit the Road

Mmm, I'd like to lump all LucasArts adventures together as a pack and label that my #1.

8. No subject Jul 11, 2010, 17:48 StingingVelvet

Ummm...

1) Morrowind
2) Deus Ex

Those are my top two, I know my top two well. I never really thought about a firm top three, and several choices come to mind. I guess I'll go with...

3) Sam & Max: Hit the Road

7. No subject Jul 10, 2010, 09:44 CreamyBlood

Excellent. We're getting closer. I suppose 3 games is very difficult, but let's keep it at that. Five or ten, what you played, most favorite. let's do it.

I'd like to revise my top three, but the Top Three. I know, it's hard.

6. No subject Jul 6, 2010, 19:51 MattyC

Hm... no genre makes it tough. Anyway, I guess mine would be:
1) StarCraft
2) Command and Conquer Red Alert
3) Planescape Torment

Lot of others would deserve to be on there as well, but it said 3 so I picked 3 :p

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo