Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PC Gaming > TrackMania Server

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: password? Feb 27, 2011, 15:43 shul

great, I pasted "tmtp://#addfavourite=bluesnewsdotcom" into IE and pressed enter and it opened in nations. now I got a favorite "bluenews" server that does not require a password. Thanks Blue  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: password? Feb 27, 2011, 14:50  Blue 

They recently did some tinkering that impedes online play for free clients. This does not impact servers on your favorites list, so we have added a favorite link to the sidebar to facilitate this:

tmtp://#addfavourite=bluesnewsdotcom

Hopefully that will do the trick!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

13. password? Feb 27, 2011, 14:35 shul

Hi,
Connecting to the server it asks me for a password, is that ok? and what is it?

thnx

12. Re: TrackMania Server May 13, 2010, 15:23 dubfanatic

It's just you, it's been working fine. In fact, it's full up as I write this.  

11. Re: TrackMania Server May 7, 2010, 07:31 pob

is it just me, or has the server disappeared?...  

10. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 18, 2010, 03:09 Genesys

I've been lurking at Blue's News for 15 years and TM made me create an account and post :)

If you want to show your affiliation, add one of these to your TM name:

$N$44F[Blue's]
$N$44F$L[tinyurl.com/6u0][Blue's]

The 2nd one includes a hotlink to BluesNews.com, but there's a total character limit on names, so if yours is long, it won't fit.

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2010, 03:44.

9. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 18, 2010, 01:16 Kxmode

Xymph wrote on Mar 25, 2010, 14:04:
What do you need to try it?

Download and install the client from this official link or this mirrors list. Next download and apply the latest patch.

I recommend FilePlanet. Of all the sites offering free downloads they have no queues and 1.58MB/s download speed (which is pretty much near my bandwidth cap).

This comment was edited on Apr 18, 2010, 01:23.

8. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 7, 2010, 16:17 Buckermann

I played for the first time today, and it's really a fun game.

ANd I'm quite sure I replaced Bucky at the bottom of the score board

7. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 5, 2010, 17:16 Bucky

Xymph wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 10:36:
The highlights of the retail United edition are outlined through the Discover United button on the main menu. Bulb

But in a nutshell: six times more content (besides Stadium there are six other environments each with its own unique physics model that you may or may never get used to ); three additional modes (Puzzle, Platform and Stunts to go along with Race mode); hundreds more Nadeo tracks are included for these envs and modes, and nearly half a million user-built tracks are available from TMX; the ability to use custom skins and models for your car; an in-game currency system called Coppers; and more.

I wish I hadn't read that. I'm already hooked on this game, and I've only been playing it since Sunday. All because I needed something to mess with while I ripped my CD collection.....*sigh*

Fortunately for everyone else playing, as long as I'm on the server you won't be the worst.

6. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 5, 2010, 10:36  Xymph 

Blue wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 10:10:
Hey Frans(berg), as the resident TM expert, perhaps you can address his question about the advantages of the registered version?
The highlights of the retail United edition are outlined through the Discover United button on the main menu. Bulb

But in a nutshell: six times more content (besides Stadium there are six other environments each with its own unique physics model that you may or may never get used to ); three additional modes (Puzzle, Platform and Stunts to go along with Race mode); hundreds more Nadeo tracks are included for these envs and modes, and nearly half a million user-built tracks are available from TMX; the ability to use custom skins and models for your car; an in-game currency system called Coppers; and more.

-- Frans

5. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 5, 2010, 10:10  Blue 

Hey Frans(berg), as the resident TM expert, perhaps you can address his question about the advantages of the registered version?

I have to admit to some curiosity about this myself, as well.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

4. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 3, 2010, 04:44  Xymph 

Numinar wrote on Apr 2, 2010, 09:29:
I finally got this because of Blue's post, which pushed me over the edge after reading about a Warthog skin on HBO. Gave it a roll last night but couldn't touch Fransburg's times!
...burg?

Anyway, glad you like it. The server's been pretty packed this past night, so it seems there's a decent uptake in the TM community, and perhaps also the BN one.

-- Frans

3. Re: TrackMania Server Apr 2, 2010, 09:29 Numinar

I finally got this because of Blue's post, which pushed me over the edge after reading about a Warthog skin on HBO. Gave it a roll last night but couldn't touch Fransburg's times!

I DO like. Very fresh. Tracks crazier than F-zero, controls as simple as can be with no weapons and the complexity coming from the smooth as butter hit detection and physics. Reminds me of Big Red Adventure Racing or whatever it was. I'll be checking that server ticker on my Blue's visits from now on! Anyone got a good reason to get paid up on this sucker? (Apart from supporting the million monkeys working at a million punchcard readers that programmed it).

2. Re: TrackMania Server Mar 31, 2010, 08:54 Prez

I logged on to try it last night. I had never played Trackmania before, so I figured I'd just see what it was like. That was at about midnight. It's now almost 8:00 AM and I just got done playing. WOW, WHAT A STUPIDLY FUN AND ADDICTING GAME! And to think that it is free! That's all kinds of awesome! I highly suggest everyone try it out if you haven't already. The server is rock solid and had people on it all night. I had a blast, and hope to be back on tonight!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. TrackMania Server Mar 25, 2010, 14:04  Xymph 

We've set up a multiplayer game server for TrackMania Nations Forever, accessible via this link if you already have this free game installed.

Why TrackMania?

This is an experiment, and for an outline and discussion of our considerations, see here.

What do you need to try it?

Download and install the client from this official link or this mirrors list. Next download and apply the latest patch.

How do you configure it?

When starting the game for the first time, a network prompt may appear so you can instruct your firewall to allow this game. Then you'll need to pick a unique player login, which will be confirmed via email. Next, you can change your nickname in the Profile section (see this tutorial for the formatting and color codes you could apply), and learn the key mapping in the Profile->Inputs tab. To chat in the game and enter chat commands (which start with a '/'), use the Spacebar.

Where is the server?

If you enabled the 'tmtp:' file association during install, you can click on this link to join the server directly. Otherwise, go into Play Online->All and find the Blue's News server in the United States of America->California zone of the server browser. Once you've joined, use Add Server to Favorites from the ESC menu so next time you can locate it more quickly from the Play Online->Favorites tab.

What's on the server?

The server is loaded with a mix of standard Nadeo Stadium tracks, the Stadium tracks of the community-built StarTrack campaign, a bunch of classic Nations tracks, and some modern Forever tracks. But you can also add your favorite tracks from TMX, the central track exchange site. Enter the "/add" chat command with the TMX ID number, and a vote starts which, if passed, will add and queue the track for playing.

And then?

The game's official forums are the place to discuss TrackMania, and this list of links helps you find your way around the TM community. Have fun, and race on! Race

-- Frans

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo