Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > Amazon Orders

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 11:20 Creston

Will W wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 07:49:
Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 15:18:

Because every single state has different tax laws, and it drives them insane...

They never fail to refund it after being reminded...but they have our tax-exempt information on file and continually assure us that the issue is fixed. No other companies have this kind of issue, including ones like Walmart, Target, etc with B&M locations all over.

Hmmmm, weird.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 07:49 Will W

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 15:18:

They never fail to refund it after being reminded...but they have our tax-exempt information on file and continually assure us that the issue is fixed. No other companies have this kind of issue, including ones like Walmart, Target, etc with B&M locations all over.

It still hasn't shipped. I'm spoiled by Prime I guess.

(Edit after I saw Blue's post....it did ship last night, shipping notice is in the dept. Mailbox)

21. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 07:44  Blue 

Will W wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 13:26:
The printer hasn't shipped yet, so maybe that was another one someone else bought? I double checked to be sure the correct one was ordered...you freaked me out. :-) Keep an eye on them and see if they disappear. Amazon applied tax yet again. Sometimes they just credit the tax but sometimes they do a return and make it a new order. No idea why they can't get the tax crap figured out.

Showed up yesterday.

Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

A bunch of stuff from the Logitech sale, too. You guys are awesome, thanks for going though some hoops for this.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

20. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 17, 2014, 15:18 Creston

Will W wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 13:26:
The printer hasn't shipped yet, so maybe that was another one someone else bought? I double checked to be sure the correct one was ordered...you freaked me out. :-) Keep an eye on them and see if they disappear. Amazon applied tax yet again. Sometimes they just credit the tax but sometimes they do a return and make it a new order. No idea why they can't get the tax crap figured out.

19. No subject Sep 16, 2014, 18:26 dj LiTh

Cool about the amazon.de link as my wife and i order a few things a month from them.  

18. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 13, 2014, 13:26 Will W

17. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 13, 2014, 10:39  Blue 

Will W wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 14:14:
Ok, I just had our secretary use the link to order a couple of things, let me know if they show...It's a non-taxable business account, so I don't know if referrals will work or not but was worth a shot:

Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

EDS16PR 16-PORT Secure Device Server Rohs

The Printer was shipped by Amazon, but the 16 port serial server was from a partner, so let me know if you get credit for 1 or both or none.

Interestingly, I see what seems to be the 16-port server, but the Brother printer I see listed is mono:

Brother Printer EHL2280DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner and Copier

Perhaps the printer hasn't shipped yet? Either way, thanks for your efforts!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 12, 2014, 14:14 Will W

Ok, I just had our secretary use the link to order a couple of things, let me know if they show...It's a non-taxable business account, so I don't know if referrals will work or not but was worth a shot:

EDS16PR 16-PORT Secure Device Server Rohs

The Printer was shipped by Amazon, but the 16 port serial server was from a partner, so let me know if you get credit for 1 or both or none.

15. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 10, 2014, 12:43 Creston

Blue wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:29:
Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:32:
Well I bought about $50 of mp3's through the link provided. Hopefully it shows up.

A bunch of MP3s did show up, thanks!

Every attempt to verify this process indicates it's working well, and I thank you all for your support. We got our approval from Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.ca, so I have added a widget with links to all of them close to the top of the front page. This seems a little cluttery, which I will work on, but it's all functioning now.

Glad it's working so well, Blue.

14. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 10, 2014, 12:29  Blue 

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:32:
Well I bought about $50 of mp3's through the link provided. Hopefully it shows up.

A bunch of MP3s did show up, thanks!

Every attempt to verify this process indicates it's working well, and I thank you all for your support. We got our approval from Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.ca, so I have added a widget with links to all of them close to the top of the front page. This seems a little cluttery, which I will work on, but it's all functioning now.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

13. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 8, 2014, 10:32 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 6, 2014, 11:45  Blue 

Prez wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 20:40:
This may have been covered already but do digital items like e-books and mp3's count too?

Yes they do... there are surprisingly few exclusions. Here's what will *not* qualify:

• any product or service sold on a site linked to from the Amazon Site (e.g., a product or service listed through our “Product Ads” program or sold on a site linked to from a banner ad, sponsored link, or other link displayed on the Amazon Site);

• any wireless service plan offered through the Amazon Site and not sold or fulfilled by us;

• any product, including games and other applications, sold through the Amazon Appstore for Android;

• any product sold on fresh.amazon.com;

• any alcoholic beverage product;

• any digital Kindle product purchased as a subscription (e.g., Kindle newspaper subscriptions, magazine subscriptions, blog subscriptions, etc.);
  •  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 5, 2014, 20:40 Prez

This may have been covered already but do digital items like e-books and mp3's count too?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
    - Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 27, 2014, 16:13 Creston

We should turn it into a game for Fridays!

You post the most embarrassing item purchased every week, and then we all guess who bought it. Hilarity ensues.

9. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 27, 2014, 13:33  Blue 

Will W wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 08:46:
    Both of my items have shipped, the Rotary Chimney Cleaning System, and the Timberland boots, so they should show up on the referral today. I wasn't sure on the chimney brush since that was backordered, but they must have found one stashed in the warehouse supervisor's office or something.

The system seems to be back in operation, and does indeed show both items you mentioned (thanks!).

To repeat this from another thread, the way I now understand this to work is through an Amazon cookie that should store the referral code for 24 hours, or until it's overwritten by a code from another site.

Here is what Amazon is reporting as being purchased with our referral code, so thank you to all who are participating:

The Strain Volume 2
    The Strain Volume 3 The Fall
    The Strain Volume 4: The Fall
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Essential Home and Car Charger Kit - Includes (2) 3 Ft Cable USB 3.0 Charging/Data Sync Cables, (1) Dual Port Car Charger, and (1) H
    Samsung Electronics 64GB EVO Micro SDXC with Adapter Upto 48MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP64DA/AM)
    Breaking Bad: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
    Breaking Bad: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
    Breaking Bad: Season 3 [Blu-ray]
    Downton Abbey, Season 4 [Blu-ray]
    For Whom the Cowbell Tolls: 25 Years of Paul's Boutique (66 & 2/3)
    Rotary Chimney Cleaning System
    Sperry Instruments GFI6302 GFCI Outlet Tester
    Timberland White Ledge Waterproof Boot,Brown,10 W
    Kobi Electric K8L6 6-watt (40-Watt) Straight Tip Candle LED 2700K Warm White Indoor Candelabra Light Bulb, Dimmable (2)

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 27, 2014, 11:09 Creston

Blue wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 18:48:
    The good news is that I have confirmed that the referral works through a cookie, so it seems like concerns about whether the referral code is visible in the amazon URL are probably not an issue.

Sweet.

Will W wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 08:39:
    It just makes me wonder if I need to clear my cookies or at least log out/back in to get the reference.

I can't imagine you would. You go through the link and you get a 'special' cookie that stays on your system for that session. The ref URL is just needed on the first page hit to get that special cookie.

7. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 27, 2014, 08:39 Will W

It just makes me wonder if I need to clear my cookies or at least log out/back in to get the reference. Once the reporting system is back, let me know if my purchases went correctly. If they did, I'll get the serial box ordered....it's no rush on my end, there's still a ton of work that needs to get done before I can install it.  

6. No subject Aug 26, 2014, 19:25 xXBatmanXx

Ordering a hd camcorder - Samsung F90 and an SD card.

I copied the ref link as it looked like it went away when I navigated. Hope it worked...I will use it for all purchases.

Too bad I can't do my Subscribe and Save orders every month. $200-$300 a month in household items....

/grrrr must not have worked....mine has also shipped and will be here tomorrow....my next order I will try IE that is vanilla...my other browsers might be locked down......

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2014, 13:35.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
    Playing: New dad

5. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 26, 2014, 18:48  Blue 

Will W wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:52:
    I have to order a serial server for work and Amazon has a good price for it, I'll order it with the referral link if we know that it's working now.

That's very kind of you.

I *believe* this is working, but as of now, I have no definitive answers, as Amazon's reporting system is broken at the moment. I will update here as soon as this clears up.

The good news is that I have confirmed that the referral works through a cookie, so it seems like concerns about whether the referral code is visible in the amazon URL are probably not an issue.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 26, 2014, 15:52 Will W

I have to order a serial server for work and Amazon has a good price for it, I'll order it with the referral link if we know that it's working now.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo