Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > Amazon Orders

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. No subject Dec 18, 2014, 10:09  Blue 

Will W wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 18:00:
winnetou wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 15:30:
The amazon associates central states:
In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases.

Seems to be restricted to the session that was opened via your banner link.
I'll give the .de version a try soonish. Or maybe someone already figured out whether that works?

That's interesting....let me know if a bar code scanner shows up. I didn't click through the banner when I bought that since I thought the cookie would still be valid.

Hmmm, I do not see any bar code scanners, so it seems the persistent cookie thing is not actually working as I thought. I'm sorry this is proving difficult to work with at times, but I certainly do appreaciate all the effort many of you are going to.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. No subject Dec 11, 2014, 18:00 Will W

winnetou wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 15:30:
In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases.

I'll give the .de version a try soonish. Or maybe someone already figured out whether that works?

That's interesting....let me know if a bar code scanner shows up. I didn't click through the banner when I bought that since I thought the cookie would still be valid.

31. No subject Dec 11, 2014, 15:30 winnetou

30. No subject Dec 11, 2014, 09:50 Will W

I ended up putting in the order myself (using the referral link) since Amazon wasn't reflecting the quantity available properly and it was messing her up. It was a few UPS's and a management card (that was the item they only had 1 of but weren't properly reflecting the stock on the page). 2 of the UPS's won't ship till January, but the three bigger ones should be shipping soon.

Do you get credit if I buy something that isn't "Shipped and sold by Amazon"?

29. No subject Dec 10, 2014, 10:55  Blue 

Will W wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 10:51:
Is there any way to directly link to products with the referral URL included? I need to get some UPS's, but don't want to keep telling our secretary to click the referral URL and search for the products....sometimes Amazon doesn't match the products correctly so I prefer to send her direct links.

I guess the other way would be to have her click the referral URL and then click the direct links? Would that work to give you the credit for the items?

I certainly appreciate all the trouble you are going to for this. We seem to have been able to reliably determine that clicking the referral URL adds a cookie that credits this site for all your subsequent purchases for 24 hours or until you click someone else's affiliate link.

Hopefully that can make life easier for both you and your secretary. Thanks again.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

28. No subject Dec 10, 2014, 10:51 Will W

Is there any way to directly link to products with the referral URL included? I need to get some UPS's, but don't want to keep telling our secretary to click the referral URL and search for the products....sometimes Amazon doesn't match the products correctly so I prefer to send her direct links.

I guess the other way would be to have her click the referral URL and then click the direct links? Would that work to give you the credit for the items?

27. No subject Oct 26, 2014, 13:44 nin

Queen box sets ordered! Finally got them for around $35 each.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

26. No subject Oct 8, 2014, 09:47 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 07:44:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 21:30:
Ordered a security cam - let me know if it goes through - had issues in the past where you weren't getting my orders.

Hey Bats, thanks for your concern. A Foscam is listed from yesterday... that the one?

Yes thanks.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. No subject Oct 8, 2014, 07:44  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 21:30:
Ordered a security cam - let me know if it goes through - had issues in the past where you weren't getting my orders.

Hey Bats, thanks for your concern. A Foscam is listed from yesterday... that the one?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

24. No subject Oct 7, 2014, 21:30 xXBatmanXx

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

23. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 11:20 Creston

Will W wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 07:49:
Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 15:18:

Because every single state has different tax laws, and it drives them insane...

They never fail to refund it after being reminded...but they have our tax-exempt information on file and continually assure us that the issue is fixed. No other companies have this kind of issue, including ones like Walmart, Target, etc with B&M locations all over.

Hmmmm, weird.

22. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 07:49 Will W

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 15:18:

They never fail to refund it after being reminded...but they have our tax-exempt information on file and continually assure us that the issue is fixed. No other companies have this kind of issue, including ones like Walmart, Target, etc with B&M locations all over.

It still hasn't shipped. I'm spoiled by Prime I guess.

(Edit after I saw Blue's post....it did ship last night, shipping notice is in the dept. Mailbox)

21. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 07:44  Blue 

Will W wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 13:26:
The printer hasn't shipped yet, so maybe that was another one someone else bought? I double checked to be sure the correct one was ordered...you freaked me out. :-) Keep an eye on them and see if they disappear. Amazon applied tax yet again. Sometimes they just credit the tax but sometimes they do a return and make it a new order. No idea why they can't get the tax crap figured out.

Showed up yesterday.

Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

A bunch of stuff from the Logitech sale, too. You guys are awesome, thanks for going though some hoops for this.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

20. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 17, 2014, 15:18 Creston

Will W wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 13:26:
The printer hasn't shipped yet, so maybe that was another one someone else bought? I double checked to be sure the correct one was ordered...you freaked me out. :-) Keep an eye on them and see if they disappear. Amazon applied tax yet again. Sometimes they just credit the tax but sometimes they do a return and make it a new order. No idea why they can't get the tax crap figured out.

19. No subject Sep 16, 2014, 18:26 dj LiTh

Cool about the amazon.de link as my wife and i order a few things a month from them.  

18. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 13, 2014, 13:26 Will W

17. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 13, 2014, 10:39  Blue 

Will W wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 14:14:
Ok, I just had our secretary use the link to order a couple of things, let me know if they show...It's a non-taxable business account, so I don't know if referrals will work or not but was worth a shot:

Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

EDS16PR 16-PORT Secure Device Server Rohs

The Printer was shipped by Amazon, but the 16 port serial server was from a partner, so let me know if you get credit for 1 or both or none.

Interestingly, I see what seems to be the 16-port server, but the Brother printer I see listed is mono:

Brother Printer EHL2280DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner and Copier

Perhaps the printer hasn't shipped yet? Either way, thanks for your efforts!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 12, 2014, 14:14 Will W

Ok, I just had our secretary use the link to order a couple of things, let me know if they show...It's a non-taxable business account, so I don't know if referrals will work or not but was worth a shot:

EDS16PR 16-PORT Secure Device Server Rohs

The Printer was shipped by Amazon, but the 16 port serial server was from a partner, so let me know if you get credit for 1 or both or none.

15. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 10, 2014, 12:43 Creston

Blue wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:29:
Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:32:
Well I bought about $50 of mp3's through the link provided. Hopefully it shows up.

A bunch of MP3s did show up, thanks!

Every attempt to verify this process indicates it's working well, and I thank you all for your support. We got our approval from Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.ca, so I have added a widget with links to all of them close to the top of the front page. This seems a little cluttery, which I will work on, but it's all functioning now.

Glad it's working so well, Blue.

14. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 10, 2014, 12:29  Blue 

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:32:
Well I bought about $50 of mp3's through the link provided. Hopefully it shows up.

A bunch of MP3s did show up, thanks!

Every attempt to verify this process indicates it's working well, and I thank you all for your support. We got our approval from Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.ca, so I have added a widget with links to all of them close to the top of the front page. This seems a little cluttery, which I will work on, but it's all functioning now.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo