Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > Minecraft ....

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. No subject Nov 9, 2010, 03:10 Sepharo

Was at my friend's place tonight and another buddy showed up with his laptop and proceeded to show me the most epic handcrafted Minecraft fortress I've ever seen. I'll try to get him to make a video or just share his save file with me and I'll make one.

He had been playing the halloween update all this time too and didn't know about biomes since his map has been generated pre-patch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. No subject Nov 7, 2010, 02:22 Sepharo

Started a new world because my last one was too large to effectively explore the new biomes.

And the fast travel through the Nether which would have effectively allowed me to do that got ruined by a combination of hard difficulty and new spawning formula that turned my first portal gate into a ghast shitstorm that won't go away.

So here's 5 mintes of my new world showing off biomes and Nether rock brought back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0XXZQC_Qw8

The tunnel in the lake actually is a spiral staircase I just got done creating (bottom up) to make a straight path to a large lava cavern.

21. No subject Oct 31, 2010, 18:52 Sepharo

Holy shit it's annoying to have like 10 Ghasts hanging around your portal.

They can "blow" out the portal but not the obsidian, so you need to relight it. And the time it takes to warp they repeatedly keep canceling it on me.

Luckily the pigmen zombies drop cooked meat so I can recover some health while getting raped by ghasts.

Seems like since the update my games has tons tons more mobs. I'm actually going to turn the difficulty down since I can't even be in my house now without creepers and zombies spawning all over my main room.

20. No subject Oct 18, 2010, 22:17 Sepharo

Has anyone seen a slime?

I still haven't yet. They're supposed to be able to spawn in dark and light and only 15 blocks from the bottom usually in large caverns.

19. Re: New Rule! Oct 18, 2010, 11:27 Beamer

2. Don't dig sand from underneath it. I thought I was right below the surface! Glad I did not have diamonds on me.

So, seeing sand and recalling this, I didn't. I stood about two blocks over.

Little did I know that disturbing one block of sand would bring down all the sand in the area rather than that one pillar.

Ouch.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: New Rule! Oct 14, 2010, 01:51 Kosumo

LOL AirWreck.

I to wold love to see what a Bluesnews server would look like

(I'd help Jerykk build a pirate base )

17. New Rule! Oct 13, 2010, 03:06 AirWreck

2. Don't dig sand from underneath it. I thought I was right below the surface! Glad I did not have diamonds on me.

16. Re: Bought after playing browser Oct 12, 2010, 18:28 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 13:46:
Bought last night.
Still far from figuring anything out. All I did was make a stick and a bench.

Do people here play this MP?

I've only played MP with a few friends. It would be cool to have a Bluesnews server though.

15. Re: Bought after playing browser Oct 12, 2010, 13:46 Beamer

Bought last night.
Still far from figuring anything out. All I did was make a stick and a bench.

Do people here play this MP?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Bought after playing browser Oct 1, 2010, 18:21 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 1, 2010, 02:36:
I've built a 7 story structure and mined all over the place, but still haven't found lava or gems or anything like that.

Wow really? Just following natural caverns deeper and deeper almost inevitably runs you into lava.

13. Bought after playing browser Oct 1, 2010, 02:36 jdreyer

Bought this after Blue posted the browser version in Out of the Blue. The building and crafting parts are fun, and there's somewhat of a purpose to it: protecting yourself from the monsters. I hope the dev expands on this aspect.

I've built a 7 story structure and mined all over the place, but still haven't found lava or gems or anything like that.

Sometimes this game has a lot of beauty. A single shaft of snowy light penetrated a cave I was in from a hole in the top. Very cool. Moonrise is also quite nice.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12. No subject Sep 30, 2010, 00:44 Sepharo

Dev wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 22:29:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 07:43:
///edit3: I died and can't find my house.....not cool....

You always spawn at the place you started the game at. Might want to mark a path between that and your house.

Or just build directly where you spawn. If I die I spawn standing in front of my double door entrance

If you don't like where you spawn initially just generate a new world until you do.

11. No subject Sep 29, 2010, 22:29 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 07:43:

You always spawn at the place you started the game at. Might want to mark a path between that and your house.

10. No subject Sep 26, 2010, 18:05 Sepharo

Kosumo wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 08:16:
I've herd you can get your life back, it's just at the bottom of a very deep minecraft hole.

Anyone play this in multi yet (i did for a few mins but was told not to bulid or distroy anything and the world was not like the single playerone althought I think this was a server setting, can you just co-op a standard minecraft game?

Yeah you can copy SP saves files into the MP directory and vice-versa.

9. No subject Sep 25, 2010, 08:16 Kosumo

I've herd you can get your life back, it's just at the bottom of a very deep minecraft hole.

Anyone play this in multi yet (i did for a few mins but was told not to bulid or distroy anything and the world was not like the single playerone althought I think this was a server setting, can you just co-op a standard minecraft game?

8. No subject Sep 25, 2010, 07:43 xXBatmanXx

I hate you all....I was like, meh, wtf - 12.00$ USD. No biggie.

NOW MY LIFE IS BEING SUCKED AWAY!!!!!!

/edit: And I just lost sound for some reason.
//edit2: For some reason sound slider went to 0 when game started. Fixed.

I would be interested in Bluesnews minecraft world....

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2010, 11:07.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. No subject Sep 23, 2010, 23:51 AirWreck

I bought it after I read this thread (some pretty cool screenshots at the bottom of the page): http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=356705. (They also compared it to Dwarf Fortress which is really fun if you can get past the ascii graphics and learning curve and bugs and interface -- it's free though.) The ugly/charming Wolfenstein-esque graphics appeal to me.  

6. My schtuff Sep 23, 2010, 20:53 Sepharo

Okay, no sound and big black borders but I whipped this up in a few minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0_1AROJfig

Go ahead and skip around if you'd like, especially when I'm climbing my tower or waiting for nightfall.

5. Re: Minecraft .... Sep 23, 2010, 18:17 Sepharo

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 23, 2010, 04:40:
I watched some videos - and I guess I just don't understand the allure to the game....i dunno.

Did you like building forts in the woods and sand castles on the beach like I did as kid?

I know it sounds sad because, "Hey but those are real life physical things!" but I don't really make much of that distinction. Exploring and building in an infinite world (and MP!) is just too awesome.

Also it's crazy addictive...

Thunk-thunk-thunk-THWOK!
Thunk-thunk-thunk-THWOK!
Thunk-thunk-thunk-THOWK!

Oh shit water/lava/zombie!

4. Re: Minecraft .... Sep 23, 2010, 18:14 Sepharo

Today's update put my sound back.  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer