Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > I have to re-enter blues password every day

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. removed Aug 19, 2011, 04:46 carol.tang

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 19, 2011, 04:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. No subject Aug 29, 2010, 06:27 Dev

Still doesn't work, even with:
bluesnews.com
added to the cookie allowed list in IE.

I had to re-enter the password again today

5. Re: I have to re-enter blues password every day Aug 28, 2010, 15:28 Dev

Blue wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 15:56:
I suppose I could add bluesnews to a cookie exception rule, presumably if I'm telling it to exclude bluesnews cookies, that wouldn't exclude any of the piles of ads on blues. I don't want them doing all sorts of cookies.

I don't think that would effect any ad cookies, as they are from different servers, the only cookies from bluesnews.com are to cover things like passwords, and nothing to do with ads.

Thanks for the clarification on the behavior of the cookies.
I added bluesnews.com to my list of sites allowed to do cookies last week.

I will report back if it works. At first I didn't think it did since I had to re-enter it today, but I think it may have been a few days since I posted replies.

4. Re: I have to re-enter blues password every day Aug 24, 2010, 15:56  Blue 

I suppose I could add bluesnews to a cookie exception rule, presumably if I'm telling it to exclude bluesnews cookies, that wouldn't exclude any of the piles of ads on blues. I don't want them doing all sorts of cookies.

I don't think that would effect any ad cookies, as they are from different servers, the only cookies from bluesnews.com are to cover things like passwords, and nothing to do with ads.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

3. Re: I have to re-enter blues password every day Aug 18, 2010, 03:42 Dev

Sepharo wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 22:09:
Sorry to insult you with these questions but...

Have you disabled cookies?
Are you in privacy mode?
Do you have some sort of web protection?
No insult taken, if it might help I'm glad to provide info.

Straight default IE 8 install. I've changed nothing since installing windows 7. No toolbars or anything.

I'm not browsing blues on Safety/Private Browsing, so presumably I'm not in privacy mode.

I use kaspersky antivirus (NOT internet security) and its never had problems with other sites remembering passwords.

I haven't changed any cookie settings.
I just checked, and the cookie settings it on medium, which mostly restricts 3rd party cookies. I suppose I could add bluesnews to a cookie exception rule, presumably if I'm telling it to exclude bluesnews cookies, that wouldn't exclude any of the piles of ads on blues. I don't want them doing all sorts of cookies.

Other sites such as gmail, slickdeals, hardocp forums, and more have no problem remembering my login.

Once in a while blues will remember my login for a short time, but about 90%+ of the time, it requires me to login every time I run the computer.

2. Re: I have to re-enter blues password every day Aug 17, 2010, 22:09 Sepharo

Sorry to insult you with these questions but...

Have you disabled cookies?
Are you in privacy mode?
Do you have some sort of web protection?

1. I have to re-enter blues password every day Aug 17, 2010, 12:27 Dev

I have to re-enter my password here on bluesnews every day despite checking the "remember me" box. This started happening a couple months back.

Any ideas? Is this something I can fix on my end, or is it something on bluesnews?
I use a number of browsers, but I tend to use IE8 for bluesnews.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo