Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > Bluesnews on Wikipedia

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Bluesnews on Wikipedia Aug 10, 2010, 13:50  Blue 

Looks like there was a lot of support to keep the article just not material to write it. Wish I could find the old article text to start from there.

That made for some interesting reading... I had no idea until recently that Wikipedia edits generated such passionate exchanges!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Bluesnews on Wikipedia Aug 7, 2010, 15:32 Sepharo

Blue wrote on Aug 7, 2010, 13:33:
Page has been deleted for a few years now. Want to give it another try?

This is probably at least partly my fault, as I saw that stub page years ago and thought it was more objective to let other people edit it should they choose. If you are interested in reviving it I can offer to help with details and whatever else might assist. I guess one step towards provenance of noteworthiness would be the Wikipedia itself listing the site's early role in the "history of blogging."

Yeah I saw that. The problem now is that with two deletions and a deletion review any attempt at revival would have to be pretty damn convincing.

I manged to find the text of the deletion review and my argument.

Looks like there was a lot of support to keep the article just not material to write it. Wish I could find the old article text to start from there.

3. Re: Bluesnews on Wikipedia Aug 7, 2010, 13:33  Blue 

This is probably at least partly my fault, as I saw that stub page years ago and thought it was more objective to let other people edit it should they choose. If you are interested in reviving it I can offer to help with details and whatever else might assist. I guess one step towards provenance of noteworthiness would be the Wikipedia itself listing the site's early role in the "history of blogging."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

2. Re: Bluesnews on Wikipedia Aug 4, 2010, 23:50 Bet

Sepharo wrote on Aug 4, 2010, 20:25:
Do you guys have anything worthwhile?
Your argument in the link you posted below raises a fair number of points that seem to make it noteworthy.

Blues is one of the only places I know that has complete news archives going back so far. There are so many articles in this database that contain information about games that's gone from the rest of the net that it's heartbreaking... up until I remember I can read it here, that is.

This comment was edited on Aug 9, 2010, 17:54.

1. Bluesnews on Wikipedia Aug 4, 2010, 20:25 Sepharo

Deleted article

deletion nomination

2nd deletion nomination

A while back I urged a review of the deletion but was shot down.

Despite being very notable, there's very little to prove that notablity. Do you guys have anything worthwhile?

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo