Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > Embedded youtube video removed

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Embedded youtube video removed Feb 7, 2010, 14:12 Sepharo

Wow Blue.

That really illuminates the ridiculousness of today's digital rights.
On more than one occasion you have the lawyery side telling YouTube (and bizarrely even you) to remove a video and on the other side the marketing team exclaiming that they put the video up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Embedded youtube video removed Feb 6, 2010, 13:07  Blue 

winnetou wrote on Feb 2, 2010, 08:59:
The story Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today embedded a youtube video which only displays an error message, claiming that EA had it blocked.

What a strange world, you'd think they'd appreciate the advertisement.
Yes, this is completely bizarre... it took me until yesterday to notice this, and when I inquired about it with EA PR they said: "That sounds like an issue with YouTube and not EA. We distributed the trailer for online posting and haven't changed that."

As you can clearly see, EA reported a copyright issue, so I guess this is the kind of communication lapse that comes from being so damn large.

This is not nearly the most bizarre experience I've had since starting to post videos on YouTube, as Activision actually reported me for a DMCA violation for posting a Transformers video that they provided. It took about three weeks to get them to clear my good name with Google over that one.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

1. Embedded youtube video removed Feb 2, 2010, 08:59 winnetou

The story Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today embedded a youtube video which only displays an error message, claiming that EA had it blocked.

What a strange world, you'd think they'd appreciate the advertisement.

Edit: Now that I've created a thread instead of just mentioning it in that story's comments, might as well point out that I also remembered that the video for the 48 minute onlive presentation I've been pointing to a few times has gone private, resulting in a similar error.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2010, 11:16.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo