Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

General Discussion > Comments for Inidividual Links

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Comments for Individual Links Jan 27, 2010, 15:52  Xymph 

Elessar wrote on Jan 27, 2010, 12:06:
Some stories/topics on the main page end up having multiple stories within. I think it would be nice to be able to have a comments section for individual items instead of having to mix discussions in the main topic. Maybe have a comments link next to each story link? Not sure how doable this is, just tossing it out there!
I'm afraid that, regardless of whether it's deemed practical, it's technically difficult because of the way a story ID is also the thread ID for the associated news comments. Story IDs are sequential so it would take a real kludge to map each to a variable number of thread IDs, as the same board ID/thread ID pair is also used in the other forums.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2010, 15:53.

-- Frans
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Comments for Inidividual Links Jan 27, 2010, 12:06 Elessar

Some stories/topics on the main page end up having multiple stories within. I think it would be nice to be able to have a comments section for individual items instead of having to mix discussions in the main topic. Maybe have a comments link next to each story link? Not sure how doable this is, just tossing it out there!  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo