Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Teaser Site

The RAGE Official Website is online as an elaborate Flash home to the racy post-apocalyptic shooter in the works at id Software. The theme of the site is "follow my journey" and it's a bit of a hunt for hidden clues. According to this Tweet, "make sure you return to the site every day this week to learn more," and the site seems to indicate this journey will go on for four weeks.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 14, 2009, 05:40 Theo

site loaded fast for me, unfortunatly, its totally terribad.

lets face it, id alway failed at websites, this is no exception (the quake live website is the one example of them doing it right).

/Theo

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 13, 2009, 21:15 PHJF

Site takes longer to load than most games I play.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

21. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 13, 2009, 20:23 HellSlayer

The site is not done- so blah!:) This title is a lot more interesting than most that came from ID lately. Keeping my eye on this one- you never know. Is Bill Roper working with ID? Cool!:) lol  
o0

20. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 19:56 Kxmode

I don't think they purchased id for their engine. I think the reason Beth bought id has to do with id's history with inventing network code. They likely want the core id crew to work on the Fallout MMO. Interplay failed to deliver milestones so the MMO IP went back to Bethesda. Somewhere during initial phase of development Beth probably looked at what they had and said "we need leaders in the area of engines and network code. Who can we get?" Someone probably replied, "How about id?"

19. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 19:40 Surf

As I have stated before (And agreeing with Cutter here) Zenimax purchasing Id was a bad move for Zenimax. id's best days are behind them and their engine(s) don't compare to Crytek at this point in time.

However, Bethsoft may be able to conjure up something good here, though I don't see why they would have needed id for any of their IP games (Doom, Quake and ?)

While not as financially bad, Zenimax will regret this purchase in the same manner AMD regrets buying ATI.

18. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 18:37 Cutter

Yeah, I don't think anyone has faith in id to make great games so much as great engines/graphics. Let's face it, they've been doing the exact same thing since day one.

And yes, that website sucks. Just give me links to info and media already.

And yes once more, it's a good day to be bitchy. Too many people around here working on their PHDs...playah hatah degrees!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

17. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 18:00 Warrax

Boy you people are bitchy today.

..oh right. It's monday.

Sadly, people complain every day here.

As for the Teaser, I'm not teased at all :\

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2009, 18:01.

16. Re: write it down, take a picture, idgaf Jul 13, 2009, 17:40 space captain

thankfully, you are not worth putting on any sort of list  
Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 17:31 CJ_Parker

HAHA CATFIGHT U SLUTS!!!11!

14. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 17:24 Kxmode

I'm not going down these roads with you any more. You're on my ignore list.  

13. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 17:20 space captain

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 13, 2009, 18:13.

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 17:18 everyone

"To beat the game, you must kill ME, John Romero! MUAHA HA HA HA HA HA HAAA!!!"  

11. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 17:17 Fion

Boy you people are bitchy today.

..oh right. It's monday.

10. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 16:40 Prez

Remember the good old days where you didn't have to play "Where's Waldo" to see something about an upcoming game on its website?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 16:18 Kxmode

wow you're pathetic

Vengeful much?

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2009, 16:20.

8. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 15:40 Luther

As if I needed more convincing that I need a new machine, I can't even run the website at a decent frame rate.. ok, I was compiling in the background but still.  

7. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 15:04 xXBatmanXx

*YAWN*

Taking to long to come out.....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 14:58 Acleacius

it's not like id is famous for its depth of gameplay when it comes to singleplayer games.
Exactly, I'll be waiting for reviews, since id has such a huge amount of contempt for their customers. Especially after the absurdness of doom 3 and it's 1 male voice actor doing 25 different voices, including the only female in the game, can't get much lower in quality that than story wise.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 13:27 space captain

Fixed that.

wow you're pathetic

Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: RAGE Teaser Site Jul 13, 2009, 13:21 theyarecomingforyou

What a shitty site. And I'm fed up of this latest trend to hide everything so that nerds can jerk off to it and everyone else has to wait for what they find to be summarised. I could cope with what they did for Bioshock 2 but this just bores me to tears.

Hopefully the game will actually be decent, though the focus on driving and the questionable physics shown in the videos so far give me some cause for concern. Racing is all about the feel and if that's wrong then the pretty graphics aren't going to make up for it. Unless the driving mechanics can equal dedicated racing games like GRID then it's just going to be another bolted on mechanic, and it's not like id is famous for its depth of gameplay when it comes to singleplayer games.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo