Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mobilization

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Mobilization Jul 13, 2009, 22:14 The Fox

If she didn't see a gaping hole in the ground, then if the cones were in place, chances are she probably would have tripped over a cone and gone down the hole head first.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Mobilization Jul 13, 2009, 07:05 osage no onna

She's pretty lucky. If her head had caught the edge she might've easily died. It's definitely a big mistake from the workers, but just because there was the potential of her getting hurt it doesn't mean she's entitled to anything. There's potential of getting hurt around every corner; shouldn't mean we can all go around suing speculatively.  

11. Re: Mobilization Jul 13, 2009, 03:00 PHJF

I agree that leaving the manhole cover open was a big error, but if this girl wasn't hurt, I see no reason for a lawsuit.

"Psychological trauma"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Mobilization Jul 13, 2009, 01:30 Prez

If there was no harm done (beyond a bruise and a scrape, according to the article), why does there need to be a lawsuit? There was a time when lawsuits were for the purpose of rewarding victims for damages, not a means for opportunists to "get theirs".

I agree that leaving the manhole cover open was a big error, but if this girl wasn't hurt, I see no reason for a lawsuit.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9. Re: Mobilization Jul 13, 2009, 00:44 everyone

Texting Teen Falls Down Open Manhole.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAAHHAHAAAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! This is fucking HILARIOUS!!! HAHAHAHAAH!!!

8. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 22:21 PHJF

To be fair it seems like a viable case.

He mother says workers told her they left the manhole open and unattended for just seconds while they went to fetch some cones from their truck.

If the manhole was indeed open with no cones or anything...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 18:04 Narf2029

Come on, this is the United States. Nothing is ever your fault! We live in a nation where a burglar can trip on stuff piled on your stairs and sue you for his hospital bills, and win.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

6. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 17:58 Cutter

So I guess if this bimbo wanders intro traffic because she's texting that the drivers are at fault. Her family can sue but they won't get bupkiss. A) The girl wasn't really hurt B) What happened falls under the codicils of "contributory negligence". No judge in the world would hold the city liable because someone wasn't paying attention to what they were doing and brought the harm on themself.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 16:18 Asmodai

Alexa's mom says it doesn't matter that her daughter was text-messaging, the manhole should not have been left open. The family plans to file as lawsuit.

Alex'a mom should throw away her mobile phone and tell her daughter to open her stupid c#nt eyes... One wonders how many government agencies raise their taxes annually to account for lawsuits/insurance/settlement to morons like this...

4. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 15:49 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Cell Phone: 200 dollars.
Open Manhole Cover: $14.95/hr
Darwin laughing his ass off from beyond the grave: Priceless.

3. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 14:51 Bill Borre

Only technology can make scripted Laurel and Hardy real.  

2. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 14:49 LittleMe

The exact same thing almost happened in The Onion Movie but at the last moment a Peruvian came in and saved her. That's what Peruvians do.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. Re: Mobilization Jul 12, 2009, 13:15 xXBatmanXx

Texting Teen Falls Down Open Manhole.

MUHHAHHAHHA!
Darwin 1
Common Sense 0

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo