Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Info Incoming

The Game Informer August Cover Reveal shows the cover story on this month's issue of this gaming magazine will be RAGE, the upcoming first-person shooter/racer from id Software, so we should expect some new details about the game soon. Word is: "We've got tons of exclusive dirt on the post-apocalyptic title, including plenty of gameplay details and loads of screens."

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: GURPs Jul 12, 2009, 20:05 space captain

yeh i never said it would be good for a video game.. shit it was almost too much for a pnp game.. kinda like rolemaster - that shit is retarded huge, its just silly  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 17:59 Surf

"GURPS is fucking massive, it has about 100x as many rules, skills, advantages, disadvantages, etc. "

Hence why it was dropped and never used. TOO fucking much micro details.

26. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 17:55 bigspender

mad max 2 mmo please  

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

25. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 11:43 Hump

I've said before and I'll say it again: someone needs to do a remake of Redline.

I loved Redline. I still pull it out occasionally and play through the campaign. It also had some of the most over-the-top multiplayer maps ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

24. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 08:43 space captain

The big difference between GURPS and SPECIAL is mainly cosmetic. I know at one point it shifted from 3d6 over to percentile, but beyond that... eh...

you ever played GURPS? because this statement is stinky like bullshit

GURPS is fucking massive, it has about 100x as many rules, skills, advantages, disadvantages, etc.

Go forth, and kill!

23. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 05:10 Flatline

From what I remember the game was almost done and they had a falling out with Steve Jackson about something (probably money) and so they created the SPECIAL system. I think it was a good thing over-all.

Yeah, pretty much this. I believe it was over violence and the dark humor and adult situations, but I don't remember correctly.

The big difference between GURPS and SPECIAL is mainly cosmetic. I know at one point it shifted from 3d6 over to percentile, but beyond that... eh...

22. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 03:47 Silicon Avatar

If I recall correctly, and I might not be, the fall out with Steve Jackson and GURPS was over graphic violence.  

21. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 03:19 Jerykk

Interstate 76 remake plz!

Oh man, I'd sell my left nut for that. The vehicular combat genre is sorely lacking. I want an open-world vehicular combat game where you can align with different factions and make moral choices with long-term consequences. Also, it should be a driving game with guns, not a shooter with wheels. More recent vehicular combat games have just slapped turrets on top of cars so the most important skill is aim. The most important skill should be driving.

20. News of News. Jul 12, 2009, 02:48 Brin

Yay, news that news is coming.

19. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 01:42 Paranoid Jack

I finally read that wiki (thx headkase). I never knew it was the violence that caused Jackson to pull out. Ironic isn't it?

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2009, 01:44.

18. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 01:37 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

I am so fucking tired of D&D, Space Marines and WW2!

I am tired of console ports masquerading as PC games.

17. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 12, 2009, 00:04 swaaye

I initially thought the post was about Rage Software's old Incoming game.  

16. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 23:14 Paranoid Jack

From what I remember the game was almost done and they had a falling out with Steve Jackson about something (probably money) and so they created the SPECIAL system. I think it was a good thing over-all.  

15. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 21:27 The Half Elf

There was a huge article in PCGamer waaaaaay back when, with a interview about what exactly happened from GURPS to Fallout.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 20:03 headkase

I'll have to defer to you here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_(video_game)
It mentions "unofficial" sequel but does specifically mention your GURPS. Now I gotta go read that whole article. Thanks

13. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 19:38 The Half Elf

Actually Fallout was originally going to be based on the GURPS system but due to some sorta conflict between Interplay and GURPS creator it was remade into Fallout.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 19:31 headkase

Wasteland was also on the Commodore 64 where I played it. And another bit of trivia it was the "spiritual predecessor" of Fallout I. It was the same kind of situation like System Shock 2 and Bioshock.

11. Re: RAGE Jul 11, 2009, 18:15 Kxmode

"nerd" RAGE!  

10. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 17:54 The Half Elf

Interstate 76 remake plz!  

9. Re: RAGE Info Incoming Jul 11, 2009, 15:54 Flatline

I'm looking forward to the turn-based mod that transforms this game formally into Car Wars.  

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo