Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Command & Conquer 4 Announced

After one one false start and then another, EALA officially announces Command & Conquer 4, saying the PC-exclusive RTS sequel will ship next year:

Behold disciples of Nod, the end is soon upon us. Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that, after almost 15 years and 30 million games sold, EALA is bringing the award-winning Tiberium series to an epic conclusion with Command & Conquer 4. Shipping in 2010, Command & Conquer 4 will introduce a multitude of innovations to the to the classic fast and fluid Command & Conquer gameplay while retaining the core compulsions that fans have come to love over the series’ history. Introducing new class-based gameplay, mobile bases and persistent player progression throughout all game modes, Command & Conquer 4 offers players new, innovative and compelling strategic depth. “Command & Conquer is a powerful franchise with an amazing 15-year legacy. We are thrilled to bring the dramatic Tiberium saga to a conclusion in Command & Conquer 4. This game is designed to give fans all the answers they’ve been looking for,” said Mike Glosecki, Lead Producer of Command & Conquer 4 at EA Los Angeles. “With its objective-based multiplayer mode, persistent player progression and all-in-one mobile base, players will experience Command & Conquer like never before.”

The story of Command & Conquer 4 takes place after the events of the critically acclaimed Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. The year is 2062 and humanity is at the brink of extinction. With only six years left until the mysterious crystalline structure Tiberium renders the earth entirely uninhabitable, the two opposing factions – Global Defense Initiative (GDI) and the Brotherhood of Nod – inevitably find themselves in desperation for the same cause: to stop Tiberium from extinguishing mankind. The unthinkable becomes reality and Nod’s enigmatic leader Kane takes off for GDI headquarters. What is Kane planning in the heart of his enemies’ base? Command & Conquer 4 draws the epic conclusion to the beloved Tiberium universe, where fans will learn the fate of Earth, Nod, Tiberium, GDI and most importantly, Kane’s motivations behind his decade-long plan.

In addition to the two campaigns on the epic battles of GDI and Nod, which players will get to conquer alone or in a cooperative mode, Command & Conquer 4 will also feature a new 5v5 objective-based multiplayer mode, promoting teamwork and cooperation and delivering a social real-time-strategy experience never seen before in a Command & Conquer game.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Beware Jul 9, 2009, 21:21 caralimon

As a RA3 online player almost from its launch, i warn you. Game shipped bugged and highly imbalanced, and 9 months later it's still buggy and with balance problems. Patches have been scarce, mostly disappointing and took too long launch.

EA has had the stupid habit of overbuffing and overnerfing units and whole factions, so tactics that worked in last patch without being OP are no longer effective next patch, for no apparent reason. Besides, they've taken very long time to make the smallest changes.

For example, last patch (1.11) is flawed due to a unit getting a armor buff from 25% to 65%, where it was to be from 25% to 35% (balance-breaking). All they need to hot-fix that is to change two digits in an XML file (a modder can do it in under a minute), but it's taking them 2 weeks and counting to release the hot-fix Angry . And it'll probably be the last patch.

Beware, EA doesn't care about C&C, or just making a good RTS, all they care is about your money.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2009, 21:23.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 18:37 CJ_Parker

Fuck you EA you fucking liars.

I give it 2 years before we see another iteration of this tired and overdone series.

Fuck you Sempai you stupid fuck. Read what they actually said... "bringing the [...] Tiberium series to an epic conclusion". The keyword here is Tiberium series.
Of course, they are not going to stop making C&C games. They are only going to stop making PC-exclusive C&C games within the context of the Tiberium series or universe.
But you bet your ass that they have very detailed plans to bring the next C&C generation to consoles and probably not just stratgey games but also new console-centric action games like Renegade and stuff like that.

PC-exclusive C&C in the Tiberium universe is over though. They're not lying about that at all.

10. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 18:03 Sempai

"After almost 15 years and 30 million games sold, EALA is bringing the award-winning Tiberium series to an epic conclusion with Command & Conquer 4."

Fuck you EA you fucking liars.

I give it 2 years before we see another iteration of this tired and overdone series.

..Nothing to see here..business as usual.

9. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 16:53 Zephalephelah

It's funny when you can see the maturity of gamers come out with their whiny little QQ tears about what a company wants to do with a game they'll never buy and no longer care about.

They obviously played the original or at least Red Alert, and they loved the games. But now they feel like they're all grown up, and somehow that gives them the right to complain like school girls.

Personally, I like that they are doing something most companies lack the balls to do- ending the series. This is really fantastic news and excellent marketing. It's got me interested and I haven't purchased anything C&C since Tiberium Sun (mostly because I felt cheated by little kids that didn't want a war, but merely wanted a 60 second race). I also played and enjoyed Renegade, but I don't count it as part of the storyline at all really. It was kind of the original Battlefield game. Too bad it didn't take off, because it was deliciously fun sometimes.

Anyway, I'm just saying that it's got my interest. I'd like to know why Kane's been such a jerk for the past 15 years and what this "decade-long plan" has been. Most importantly, it will be the end of the story. That makes me want to buy the game. I've seen so many stories in movies and games and such just sort of trail off because a company is sold or the last part of the franchise didn't make enough money so no more were made. Here's a chance to wrap it up and know how it ends and to be able to finally put the book down. I say Good work!!!

8. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 15:56 Kxmode

plz! no more FMV... just fuckin stop ea.

I don't know about that. Kane was badass.

7. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 15:43 Jerykk

I'm still waiting on Generals 2, Guess i'll keep holding my breath.

Agreed. Good to see C&C4 is a PC-exclusive though. The last PC-exclusive C&C was Generals and that was the best C&C.

6. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 15:24 TurdFergasun

plz! no more FMV... just fuckin stop ea. whoever thinks it's funny, cool, or well produced in your company needs to be promptly torched and urinated on for the greater good. quit spending money on b list celebrities, and feeding them with Z list writers. go dig up original command and conquer, give it proper resolution boost, multi threading, no story and sell it for $10 like BF1943. but just fucking quit trying to pretend you have anything but an accountant's sense of humor or creativity.  

5. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 14:13 Niezly Czad

guess what, dune is just behind the corner  

4. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 13:20 Jow

oh god, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!  

3. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 11:50 Fantaz

"PC-exclusive", that's more like it. None of this console crap thank you very much. I'm hoping that they go back to their roots for a return to the style of the original C&C1, maybe this time we can get 1080p cutscenes.  

2. Re: C&C4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 11:29 Tranceport

I'm still waiting on Generals 2, Guess i'll keep holding my breath.

1. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Announced Jul 9, 2009, 09:58 nin

Jesus, we get the point, EA.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo