Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age: Origins Trailers

No fewer than three new gameplay videos (and no more, for that matter) are now available from Dragon Age: Origins, BioWare's upcoming Baldur's Gate-inspired RPG. There's a July Tour Sloth Fight trailer on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell. There's also a July Tour Sloth Mage Battle trailer on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell. Finally, there's a July Tour Wynne Fight trailer on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 10, 2009, 11:52 space captain

hmm  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 09:19 space captain

i get the impression that this is Bioware trying to compromise between having an old-school game as well as a hyped-out AAA blockbuster game.. which are often antithetical things these days

the question in these situations is one of balance, but it usually seems that at some point the desire for AAA hyped-out dumbed down shit tends to take over

this game has been touted as Biowares "return to roots" or their "magnum opus" and all that shit.. they definitely have alot to prove and that doesnt always work out for the best because it adds a fuckload of extra pressure

Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 09:14 Paranoid Jack

I'm starting to think along the lines of what Jerykk said in his last post. Though I'm one of those who has plans to wait a month or two before purchasing.

Funny, I missed the fact that the blades cutting through throats (and other body parts) weren't coming out the other side with spurts of blood. Please, tell me it was mistakenly turned off or that was the German version they were playing.

10. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 06:04 Chance

It's the Eclipse Engine. Developed by Bioware for RPGs. Looks good. Hopefully plays that way too.  

9. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 02:48 Jerykk

This is the only Bioware game I've even considered rushing out and buying, mainly due to the fact that I want it to set a precedent and prove that there's still a viable market for big budget hardcore PC games.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2009, 02:48.

8. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 02:17 Cutter

I hope I'm wrong and the game is the superb, but I'm wary. This is the first Bioware game I'm not going to rush out and buy, but wait for a while to see what the feedback is from the PC gamer community. I know a lot of others are in the same boat too. I hope that kind of thinking is speaking volumes to you Bioware!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

7. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 01:38 Jerykk

Thanks, Jerykk it will be interesting to see how well their engine works, though it seems odd to buy rights to Unreal, then change since their team had to learn the Unreal system to get out ME and it couldn't have been cheap.

Bioware has multiple teams working on different games. Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 and The Old Republic are the the three big projects, each with its own team.

It would be nice if Bioware had a team dedicated to making PC games though. If Dragon Age does well, that might actually happen.

6. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 01:31 Acleacius

Thanks, Jerykk it will be interesting to see how well their engine works, though it seems odd to buy rights to Unreal, then change since their team had to learn the Unreal system to get out ME and it couldn't have been cheap. Too bad about ME2 then, I haven't had time to keep up or pay attention.

Hey has anyone seen CJ_Parker lately? He's my spiritual guru, his wit, wisdom and knowledge about all facets of life and gaming, seem such a burden no rabid animal should have to bare. I hope he didn't get hit by a truck again playing on the highway, that 18 wheeler really took some damage, yeehaw!

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 01:02 Prez

The clip I watched looked pretty damn good.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

4. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 9, 2009, 00:45 CJ_Parker

A very talented Bioware person once said, ME is going to be the last console focused Bioware game.

Where? Link?

I truly hope they were right, though it was said before ea performed their Hostile takeover of Bioware.

The takeover was not hostile by any stretch of the imagination. Get a fucking clue and learn to read stuff on teh intarwebs before posting more retarded bullshit. kthx.

Dumbass.

3. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 8, 2009, 23:27 Jerykk

It looks very good, of course they are using the Unreal engine, iirc as in ME, which btw suffered horribly from consolidationism.

I think this is an original engine. DA was in development long before Unreal Engine 3 even came out.

A very talented Bioware person once said, ME is going to be the last console focused Bioware game.

I think ME2 pretty much invalidates that statement.

2. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 8, 2009, 23:18 Acleacius

It looks very good, of course they are using the Unreal engine, iirc as in ME, which btw suffered horribly from consolidationism. Just hope other areas like level size (i.e. constant loading) and gameplay don't suffer as in ME and JE.

A very talented Bioware person once said, ME is going to be the last console focused Bioware game. I truly hope they were right, though it was said before ea performed their Hostile takeover of Bioware.

No, blood? :-facepalm-:

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailers Jul 8, 2009, 21:45 Paranoid Jack

Finally some more game-play footage. I don't want to let go of my PC snubbing anger but... I must say I am slightly impressed. The animations looked quite good. Love the killing moves shown. I assumed these are PC footage... if not and the game looks that good on the PS3 and/or the 360 color me even more impressed.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo