Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced

Ascaron Entertainment announces Sacred 2: Ice & Blood is the title of their upcoming expansion for Sacred 2, making good on their stated intention to continue to develop the RPG series in spite of their bankruptcy filing and the sale of some of their assets. There are some preliminary details on this and some screenshots on PC Games Hardware, where word is the expansion will include a new Dragonmage character, two new areas, new quests, and new items for each character.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 18:30 PHJF

I never got the expansion.

Anyways it's pretty pointless playing with random people online (if anyone still plays TQ) as there is wholesale cheating. Player files are locally hosted, and while they went through some effort in making characters "hack proof", they didn't succeed.

If anyone wants to seriously play anytime in the near future give me a shout on Steam.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2009, 18:30.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 18:02 Slashman

I'm down for starting up Titan Quest again if anyone else wants to.

I'm certainly up for it!

I just grabbed the demo. I'm gonna try it in a few hours, if I like it I'll pick up Titan Quest Gold via Impulse. In other words, maybe.

If you do decide to get it, then please install the expansion along with the original game...it really adds a lot of nice stuff...including the new class. Play through the original game with the expansion installed is what I'm saying.

Also...I like it just because it allows me to mix classes for some very cool combinations...and each mixed class has a unique name too. The settings are varied and fun...so are the enemies. And...well, you get to hobnob with Leonidas from 300...what more could you want?

16. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 17:48 Belzabub

Silly Xbox games will probably keep them alive.

ummmm no

15. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:36 Bucky

I just grabbed the demo. I'm gonna try it in a few hours, if I like it I'll pick up Titan Quest Gold via Impulse. In other words, maybe.

14. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:36 kimbambaman

Games like Diablo (Titan Quest) aren't meant for solo consumption

Couldnt agree more. Even S2 is far more enjoyable in co-op with a buddy.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

13. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:31 PHJF

Any recommendations to make it a more enjoyable experience?

Yeah... play it with other people. Games like Diablo (Titan Quest) aren't meant for solo consumption.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:21 the_culture

So far I still think that Titan Quest and its expansion are the kings of hack/slash RPG action.

Try as I may, I just couldn't get into it. I'll have to give it another try. Any recommendations to make it a more enjoyable experience?

Personally, my fav hack-n-slash is Dungeon Siege, tho I know I'm in the minority on that.

My fav RPG is Baldur's Gate II.

11. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:17 Bucky

I've been playing Sacred 2 quite a bit lately. It's a good game, but it was very obviously built around the hack-n-slash mechanic. The story and voice overs, even the death cries and character comments attest to it. It's a good game, just a bit more repetitive than most.  

10. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 16:13 Kxmode

Hello Ascaron.

Please make Patrician 4 instead of silly xbox games.

That is all.

Silly Xbox games will probably keep them alive.

9. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 15:35 Wolfox

So far I still think that Titan Quest and its expansion are the kings of hack/slash RPG action.

For me, it was a tie between Titan Quest (with IT) and Sacred Gold (the first one - I haven't played the second), until I found Depths of Peril. If you like Action RPGs, give it a chance; you might like it too.

8. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 14:32 Doma

Hello Ascaron.

Please make Patrician 4 instead of silly xbox games.

That is all.

7. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 14:30 Slashman

Diablo 3 will have to be really really good to make me change my mind on that.

6. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 13:58 dryden555

the 360 version was mildly entertaining at silver and gold difficulties and the control scheme was shockingly excellent. The story writing was terrible tho. Worth a budget price whenever the price breaks....  

5. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 13:18 kimbambaman

I think S2 made a decent transition to the 360, controls make sense in the context of the game pad, and no major technical issues to speak of (in my experience anyway). But yes, the writing needs a major overhaul, most of the quest text is throw away garbage and there is no compelling reason to move the story along other than to be able to finish it. The writing and voice acting is so cheesy, its ALMOST funny.

Still, I do find it enjoyable as a generic hack and slash game.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

4. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 13:14 Bill Borre

see if can hold my attention for a bit.

That was my biggest problem with this game. I was able to focus on it long enough to complete with one character, but then I thought about trying to go through the 'evil' campaign, but just lost interest in playing. All the quests pretty much work out the same way in the game mechanics so it gets repetitive very quickly. Most games that have a good and evil campaign I have no problem playing through both sides. Sacred really needs better writers and designers that can hold the player's attention through compelling story-telling and game play design.

3. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 12:45 Zyrxil

Damnit, I wonder how far along Diablo III is.  

2. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 12:18 Chaos the Crazy

Heh...I guess you never played the original, which was buggy as hell even after they released Sacred Gold. That they released this at all to the 360 was surprising to me, IMHO this game was not meant to be dumbed down to console controllers.

The Dragonmage sounds interesting, now that I have some time on my hands I'll probably get back into this and see if can hold my attention for a bit.

1. Re: Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Announced Jul 7, 2009, 11:59 Grounded

Hi,

Please clean up the first game as well as better support for the XBOX 360 version,

Thanks

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo