Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Americas Army 3 Patched

Steam News announces the availability of another new automatic update for America's Army 3, the first-person shooter from Uncle Sam and the American taxpayer. The new version improves console help, adds clan support, and addresses a large list of bugs.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: What turned me off this game Jul 5, 2009, 10:46 tuddies

You don't get it? If you are into cheating, which fits this game perfectly, you could just join the other team and VOIP the info about the other team. You can do this in ANY GAME if you have a mole on the other side. HELLO!

But there is nothing more satisfying than gaining HONOR by CHEATING in this game. Can't be beat!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: What turned me off this game Jul 5, 2009, 10:13 Rilcon

I remember the original RO mod had some servers that would give you a nice black screen whenever you died and waited to respawn. Sure was boring, but I guess it solved that issue in a rather effective manner.  

7. What turned me off this game Jul 5, 2009, 07:55 Mustang60348

I don't think you understand what I said: Ghosting is following the other team around while dead. IOW, you join the opposite team as your buddies, die and them tell them exactly where the opponents are.  

6. Re: What turned me off this game Jul 5, 2009, 05:53 entr0py

For aggressive players like me, you often spend the majority of your time dead and waiting for the next round. It would be incredibly boring if you couldn't watch the game as you wait.

Besides, if a few clans are going to be dicks and use voip to cheat, isn't it just as easy to do when they're still alive? After all, you can see all teammates on your map.

5. Re: Americas Army 3 Patched Jul 5, 2009, 04:30 necrosis

Mustang60348-

So they took out a server option that has been around for like... the entire life of FPS gaming and %99.99999999999999999999999999999999 of the time always on to prevent cheating?

Just, wow.

4. Re: Americas Army 3 Patched Jul 5, 2009, 03:10 Jackplug

i really want to reinstall this but my gut instincts say its beyond repair and it has been stuck together with super glue, then bandaged up just enough to be released in its dying form.  

3. What turned me off this game Jul 4, 2009, 16:48 Mustang60348

Not just this version: GHOSTING.

Ghosting is the ability of someone to 'look over the shoulder' of the other team. How is this done you ask. It is simple. Have a buddy join the other team, when he dies you now have full access to where the other team is by using external voice chat programs like TeamSpeak. This is because AA decided a long time ago to allow you to ghost around the map and see exactly what was going just about everywhere, including following a player.

There were a large number of suggestions to fix this issue but the devs decided that listening to "CLANS", "SQUADS" or whatever you want to call them was more important. In fact this game never had in game voice chat till this version: Which is shocking considering that the Engine has it built in. In fact they would have had to make a effort to turn it off.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2009, 16:48.

2. Re: Americas Army 3 Patched Jul 4, 2009, 14:37 sir

I've had it installed since it was released and have yet to manage to join a server and play. I would uninstall it, but the optimist in me seems to believe that eventually there will be a patch that allows me to play.  

1. Re: Americas Army 3 Patched Jul 4, 2009, 14:22 Starang

My server list suddenly shrunk from about 300 servers below 50 ping to 30, don't know if it's servers that are not updated to the latest version or if something else is going on. As for the patch I didn't notice any improvements, still had reload bugs and I also noticed a problem with reviving team mates that were not present before. All in all I actually like this game but it could use some serious bugfixes.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo