Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gratuitous Space Battles Movie

A new movie from Gratuitous Space Battles shows off Positech's science-fiction strategy game that's planned for release sometime this year. The clip is available on the YouTube, and here is a refresher on the game: "Gratuitous Space Battles may look like an RTS game, but it's design is closer to 'tower-defense' than a conventional RTS. The player designs his ships from modules, arranges them into fleets, and deploys them (complete with some AI-orders) and then watches them fight against enemy AI fleets. Although the battles themselves do not allow direct control over the ships, there is an element of multiplayer to the game. Players can upload a challenge to the GSB server, complete with their best fleet and a taunt for their enemies, and other players can download that fleet and fight against it with their own."

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Movie Jul 5, 2009, 21:47 Tumbler

I keep wanting to call this game glorious space battles because it's just..glorious! Can't wait to play this game. Would love to see an iPhone ver too!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Movie Jul 5, 2009, 12:36 Wowbagger_TIP

While it might be somewhat related to tower defense, it's definitely got a lot of differences too. Looks like it could be fun for a while anyway.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

4. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Movie Jul 5, 2009, 10:18 Rilcon

SPACESHIPS, FUCK YEAH!

Ahem. Really do want.

3. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Movie Jul 4, 2009, 17:08 Efflixi

I can't wait for this game!  

2. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Movie Jul 4, 2009, 13:05 Prez

Awesome name though!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Movie Jul 4, 2009, 12:57 DDI

I'm so sick of tower defense games, worst genre ever.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo