Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 09:27 Dan =0)

One more RIP: Andy Hughes, 1/2 of The Orb.

He's amongst the Little Fluffy Clouds now.

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 08:50 Verno

Sure, but this guy may as well have been screaming; the end effect was the same. It seemed like all his commercials were just that much louder on TV than anything else. I'd turn the volume down when he came on and have to turn it back up when the show started again. Annoying.

Normalize your volume with a receiver, commercials are often hilariously loud on my TV too. We got tired of it and just hooked it up to the receiver which does some basic normalization and keeps everything at about the same level.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 08:47 Z9000

USA owned the first half, but Brazil completely dominated the second half. The final score should have been 4-2 anyway; the shot that went off the crossbar was in. Still, the last week has been one helluva showing from the USA team.

Yep, I agree totally on the gift goal. Brazil gets pissed off when it under achieves. I think the women are the scariest when they are behind actually lol. USA I think changed to turtle mode which irritates the hell out of the Brazilians but you have to count on strong counters to stay in the game and then of course you have to make having your whole team primarily play defense matter. USA didn't defend enough, and they didn't make the few counters they got count. I would have rather seen USA go toe to toe and play agressive the whole game instead of that, but oh well. US was tired at the end and played like it too. I think it had something to do with the Brazilians crossing the field every major first/second touch of a new drive. Made USA run 2x as much and by end of the game it showed.

PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 07:35 nin

There's a difference

Sure, but this guy may as well have been screaming; the end effect was the same. It seemed like all his commercials were just that much louder on TV than anything else. I'd turn the volume down when he came on and have to turn it back up when the show started again. Annoying.

Part of that also is how commercials are also broadcast louder than regular content.

At any rate, my dreams of him shutting the fuck up have come true. Shame he had to die for that to happen.

edit: Bonus:

"Farrah Fawcett died and went to heaven, and was given one wish. "I want all the children of the world to be safe", she said.

So God killed Michael Jackson."

<ducks>

This comment was edited on Jun 29, 2009, 07:38.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 07:23 Masa

There's a difference

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 02:44 AnarKane

Thing is, he didn't scream, he projected his voice. There's a difference, I can do it rather well. He didn't have to scream to sell products, he just knew how to project so that his voice got your attention.

RIP, Billy.

"We can do this one of two ways. There's the hard way, which involves hours of discussion, tons of negotiation, half a dozen bribes, and no guarantee of success."
"What's the easy way?"
"Liberally placed high explosives."

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 01:48 xXBatmanXx

RIP Billy Mays.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 01:48 banddirector

Not from Billy there isn't.

Ouch ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 00:34 Ahumado

Billy Mays drove me nuts. I always turned the sound off. I am very sorry he is dead and I feel a loss. Way more than when that creep died.

RIP Billy

BTW I am going to buy some Oxiclean tomorrow

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2009, 00:10 edgeman2112

Better orange glow that tombstone.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 23:10 Kxmode

Shame. Wow.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 17:53 BIGtrouble77

Didn't this happen to someone else recently? I knock on the head not immediately apparent that it caused damage, and the victim later died or became brain-dead? I can't recall who it was though.
It was Liam Neeson's wife, Natasha Richardson. She had head trauma from a fall skiing.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2009, 17:54.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 17:33 Prez

Not from Billy there isn't.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 17:32 NKD

But wait, there's more!  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 17:29 Cutter

He was annoying as hell, same as Vince Offer. I hate that pitchmen crap, and I'm glad there's one less of them.  

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 17:02 jimnms

I'm more upset about this than Michael Jackson's death....
Same here. I usually muted or fast forwarded through his commercials, but there was something likable about the guy. I've been watching Pitchmen on the Discovery channel, which features Billy and Anthony Sullivan and how they look for new inventions and help people get their inventions out. I recorded the first episode out of curiosity, but it was actually funny and interesting to watch so I've been watching the whole series.

Steam Profile

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 16:56 nin

I think it's really sad. Think of how his family is taking this. Billy seemed like a really nice guy who took his work seriously.

If he wasn't fucking screaming all the time, I might feel bad that he's gone.

As it is, all I can think of is "thank god the shoutings over".

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 16:30 Bucky

It's a shame Billy didn't get to see USA smacking Brazil 2-0 at half time in the Fifa cup. I thought I would never in my life time ever see the USA team beat the world ranked #1 team then go on to the final and lay down the goals on a team like Brazil. No matter what happens the rest of this game, I still can't believe it. I think I will be getting the next EA Fifa game.

USA owned the first half, but Brazil completely dominated the second half. The final score should have been 4-2 anyway; the shot that went off the crossbar was in. Still, the last week has been one helluva showing from the USA team.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 16:17 everyone

I think it's really sad. Think of how his family is taking this. Billy seemed like a really nice guy who took his work seriously. How about MJ's family too.. He had three children.

I say next will be Patrick Swayze before the end of the year...

Hehe.. Kind of ironic. I was just at a Crazy, Lazy, Patrick Swayze Days Of Summer party last night. It was a themed party with a lot of fun.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 16:12 Techie714 ©

I say next will be Patrick Swayze before the end of the year...  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo