Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Steam Community Features

Steam News announces an update to The Steam Community that adds new features:

• Comments on group announcements
    • Comments on group events
    • Events now persist - Users can view and comment on past events
    • Miscellaneous layout and design updates

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: New Steam Community Features Jun 18, 2009, 17:46 GT

Wait... what? That's their best feature, it works awesomely
Oh yeah, it works awesomely. Just ask the people who can't download their games or updates every time there is a big release on Steam, like the UT3 users for its three recent free weekends or the people trying to download America's Army 3 for the past two days. It also works awesomely for the people who want to rollback a game update but can't or for people who would rather use a web browser or download manager to quickly and reliably get their games as they can with other digital distributors like GOG, Trygames, and Direct2Drive instead of having to put up with Steam's unreliable UDP protocol and limited choice and features to get the files. So, if Steam's download functionality and reliability is one of its best features, then that shows just how shitty it really is.

As I wrote below, these new features are just more lipstick for a pig which should be slaughtered instead and replaced with something which is leaner, more flexible, and built upon Windows and web standards.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2009, 17:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: New Steam Community Features Jun 18, 2009, 17:34 The Raven

Meanwhile Steam's download delivery and functionality continues to suffer and its customers along with it.

Wait... what? That's their best feature, it works awesomely, and what are you moaning about now? The only QQ worthy thing I've heard recently is the DRM included with that new Riddick game, and that's not Valve's fault... they can't stop a publisher from adding DRM to a product, and they weren't necessarily informed that the DRM existed.

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven

5. Re: New Steam Community Features Jun 18, 2009, 02:01 GT

Steam News announces an update to The Steam Community that adds new features:
more lipstick for the pig

Meanwhile Steam's download delivery and functionality continues to suffer and its customers along with it.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2009, 02:01.

4. Re: New Steam Community Features Jun 17, 2009, 20:18 Kxmode

Comments on group announcements
Comments on group events
Events now persist - Users can view and comment on past events

GOG.com had that first.

3. Re: New Steam Community Features Jun 17, 2009, 19:40 everyone

I hate that they've moved the Gameplay Stats section further down on the community page. Now I can't see how many games I own or how much I've played without scrolling down. Instead they've bumped up the Friends list, which is pointless when the Steam client has a separate window for it. Retards.

QQ

2. Re: New Steam Community Features Jun 17, 2009, 15:08 theyarecomingforyou

I hate that they've moved the Gameplay Stats section further down on the community page. Now I can't see how many games I own or how much I've played without scrolling down. Instead they've bumped up the Friends list, which is pointless when the Steam client has a separate window for it. Retards.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

1. Re: New Steam Community Features Jun 17, 2009, 13:11 Caveman

Still no tabbed friends messaging system...  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo