Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched

The All Aspect Warfare Website now offers a new patch for the All Aspect Warfare demo, updating this sample of 3000AD's upcoming sci-fi combat game to version 1.18.20. The change log outlines the changes and mentions yet another updated version of the demo, which has been updated a few times since it was released.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 17, 2009, 12:47 nin

On a side note I'm in the StarCraft 2 beta.

Where's my key, dammit?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 17, 2009, 12:01 Kxmode

you can be motivated by spite.. so who knows

Nope. Not spite. I'm motivate by free time; something I lack these days. But I assume you, as a reasonable person, would know this.

On a side note I'm in the StarCraft 2 beta. I'll let that marinate in your mind for a time.

27. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 17, 2009, 10:49 space captain

basically what im saying is that i dont think you have any intention of playing this demo, kx (tho you said otherwise)

but now, you can be motivated by spite.. so who knows

Go forth, and kill!

26. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 17, 2009, 10:49 the_culture

I'm not even going to bother explaining it to you.

I knew you'd sidestep it... but then again, that's why we have you here.

25. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 17, 2009, 09:26 Bhruic

Don't worry Tumbler, you got to "see first hand the effects of this Gamer Friendly DRM from the game demo."  

24. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 17, 2009, 08:00  dsmart 

@ Tumbler

Any of those solutions would have made so much more sense than making people type in specific info into those fields.

Yeah, because even idiots - wanting to play a game that requires more then two brain cells - don't have enough brains to following instructions and type in a word. Yet, they have access to a computer.

But the obvious reality is that we're all idiots and you're just too damn smart...

Yes, that pretty much sums it up actually.

@ the_culture

I love how you say the publisher cut back on SKUs to save money, then follow it with the assertion that the 360 version would have netted millions in revenue.

Thanks for the laugh...

We know around here that you're not very bright and that you'll spout off anything at anytime without any rhyme or reason, but as always, the laughs on you bud because you quite clearly missed it. Since arguing with you is like competing in the special olympics, I'm not even going to bother explaining it to you.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2009, 08:02.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

23. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 22:17 DangerDog

But you know what would have been nice?

Like he said, if you can't type in the same word twice then you really don't want to attempt playing this game.

22. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 20:09 Tumbler

If you follow those instructions - instead of trying to create a new user/login, you won't be prompted for a DAC. Why? because a) there isn't one b) that "aawdemo" user already has the correct DAC pre-registered for the demo.

Scroll down the comments to see all manner of tomfoolery. Not my fault if some people are, basically, idiots.

Hmm, I realize now what happened. The username/password field were supposed to all be the same, aawdemo.

But you know what would have been nice? Writing a script that did all that for you. If everyone will use the same userid password for the demo just make it automatically complete that byteshield shit automatically.

Or how about when someone does create an account and doesn't have a DAC they just automatically get assigned as a demo code until they have a legit code.

Any of those solutions would have made so much more sense than making people type in specific info into those fields.

But the obvious reality is that we're all idiots and you're just too damn smart...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

21. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 20:02 the_culture

Scroll down the comments to see all manner of tomfoolery. Not my fault if some people are, basically, idiots.

http://www.3000ad.com/aaw/2009/06/developer-blog-12/

Thanks for the link, that was an interesting read. I really like this part:
After a major publishing (the publisher decided to cut back on SKUs as a cost cutting measure) deal went South a couple of months back leading to our just flat out terminating the XB360 version thus immediately losing millions in revenue

I love how you say the publisher cut back on SKUs to save money, then follow it with the assertion that the 360 version would have netted millions in revenue.

Thanks for the laugh...

20. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 17:51  dsmart 

Byte Shield comes up. Asks for a user Name, has 2 lines for passwords, and has a line for an email address. You put stuff in each line, aawdemo for the passwords, then click submit, or login, or whatever the button says. Then it prompts you to activate asking for a DAC code.

That was just my experience. Seems intrusive to me. Was there supposed to be a key sent to that email address? Anyone else have this issue? The demo is only 300mb or so, maybe someone else can try downloading it and logging in? I figured I eliminated the chances of a conflict when I uninstalled, reinstalled, chose a new user name...I did use the same email...maybe that is the problem?

I guess if all this stuff is too hard to deal with to try a demo...you should just move on...

uhm no, thats not true either. It does NOT ask for DAC. The only time it does that is if twerps don't actually READ whats on the damn GUI.

http://www.3000ad.com/bin/bs_demo_auth.jpg

If you follow those instructions - instead of trying to create a new user/login, you won't be prompted for a DAC. Why? because a) there isn't one b) that "aawdemo" user already has the correct DAC pre-registered for the demo.

http://www.3000ad.com/aaw/2009/06/developer-blog-12/

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

19. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 17:09 Tumbler

I been busy and haven't had a chance to play this yet. What of it?
oh i was just thinking you were completely full of shit
I'm still not sure I see connection. Would you mind explaining?

I think he was saying that anyone who criticizes this demo for having an online activation without actually playing the game is full of shit...

Cause you have to see the content to be able to criticize such a stupid decision.

...obviously...I mean the stuff locked behind that DRM must be balls out cool awesome shit...otherwise why would they put DRM in to protect it!

(Sarcasm)

18. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 17:04 Kxmode

I'm still not sure I see connection. Would you mind explaining?

17. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 16:43 Tumbler

Byteshield is a non-intrusive demo. You enter "aawdemo" twice. Thats it. It nevers gets entered again. If thats too hard to do, then you probably won't be able to play the game anyway. So, just move on.

I'm not sure if you've used this demo but this is what actually happens:

Byte Shield comes up. Asks for a user Name, has 2 lines for passwords, and has a line for an email address. You put stuff in each line, aawdemo for the passwords, then click submit, or login, or whatever the button says. Then it prompts you to activate asking for a DAC code.

That was just my experience. Seems intrusive to me. Was there supposed to be a key sent to that email address? Anyone else have this issue? The demo is only 300mb or so, maybe someone else can try downloading it and logging in? I figured I eliminated the chances of a conflict when I uninstalled, reinstalled, chose a new user name...I did use the same email...maybe that is the problem?

I guess if all this stuff is too hard to deal with to try a demo...you should just move on...

16. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 16:42 space captain

Go forth, and kill!

15. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 16:25 nin

anyone seen my maturity stick/baseball bat?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/LART

14. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 16:20 Kosumo

Yep, the mature thing to do with immature people is to beat them, that will help make them more mature.

gtg there is a immature 3 year old in the park across the road who needs to be "matured", anyone seen my maturity stick/baseball bat?

13. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 16:20 Kxmode

Why would a demo need software copy protection? It's a demo.

whatever happened to this?

I'll check this out and keep an open-mind about it too!

12. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 15:10 nin

It is absolutely ridiculous how immature you creeps are. Seriously most of you need to be taken out back and get the living daylights beat out of you.

Wow, that's not very christian at all.

Repent hellbinder, repent.

11. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 15:06 space captain

Seriously most of you need to be taken out back and get the living daylights beat out of you.

spoken like a true "christian"

hey kiddo - you want some violence? you got it

Go forth, and kill!

10. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Patched Jun 16, 2009, 14:58 Hellbinder

It is absolutely ridiculous how immature you creeps are. Seriously most of you need to be taken out back and get the living daylights beat out of you.

You are nothing but a little gang of punks.

The Whales name is Bob.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo