Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer

A post on Ecto-Web analyzes the Ghostbusters: The Video Game specs, pointing out that Windows is the only one of the game's platforms other than the DS that's not getting multiplayer co-op, a shortcoming that's also highlighted on Co-Optimus. Thanks Gary.

View
77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

17. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 17:29 Beelzebud

Well this *was* a game I was looking forward too. I'll pass now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 17:03 skyguy

you people actually expected this to be a co-op game? I thought it was supposed to be a single player game from the beginning.

15. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 16:22 Prez

I think it's a chicken and egg kind of thing. Many PC gamers don't buy a lot of console ports so they sell poorly. Apparently, publishers takes this as permission to do a crappy port, ensuring that PC gamers aren't ever persuaded to buy them. The cycle continues.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 16:18 Elf Shot The Food

Most people don't care about co-op anyways, so why waste time implementing it in the version of the game that will sell the fewest copies by far?

Flame on!

13. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 16:08 Muscular Beaver

Then they will whine again how few copies were sold on the PC and the bad pirates are the scapegoat of course. And so they will never make a game for the PC again without even thinking once about their own failures.

Not that I care for console ports anymore anyway...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

12. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 16:05 Efflixi

I was so ready to buy this... but now i won't until it drops below $20. Pretty much a lost sale here.  

11. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 16:03 TangledThorns

PC Gamers are pretty hard core when it comes to online play. It's mainly reserved for popular FPS and RTS games, look at how there are no players for FEAR.  

10. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 15:55 Overon

Pretty sad. It doesn't bode well for a proper pc port if they are not willing to put in the time to do coop on the PC it really makes you wonder what else was shortchanged.  

9. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 15:50 MuzixMon

Very funny, Threewave did the multiplayer portion of this game and it's not even going to be on the PC version! That just sucks. I would've bought 2 copies right out of the gate for my son and I but now I will buy Zero copies! Thanks for nothing!

Who you gonna call??
NO-BODY!

Edit: I bet it's going to be a PS2 port as well!

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2009, 15:51.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

8. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 15:41 elefunk

The game's $30. Big freakin' deal. I can't imagine being interested in multiplayer for this game anyway.  

7. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 15:34 Prez

**SIGH**

Nothing new. But still disappointing how PC gaming is treated like a red-headed step-child.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 15:15 xXBatmanXx

heh - now i guess that is what the 20.00 extra is for.

Guess I have to get it on 360. sucks.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 15:10 Krovven

Lost sale here too. Was looking forward to playing this, but will pass now. I may end up getting it on PS3 sometime in the future when Sony decides to drop the price on the PS3.  

4. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 15:06 n0slet

Yep there goes my purchase for it as well. Was looking forward to this game primarily for the coop with friends going through it. Pretty sad given the codes already there for MP since it's activated on consoles. Laziness on part of the developers. Most of the folks I know who wanted to buy this were buying it for coop so hopefully it won't sell well, maybe they'll actually learn something from not selling many units. But I doubt it. =P Probably blame their lack of sales on piracy instead lol.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2009, 15:13.

3. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 15:03 Tumbler

Weird that they can get it to work on the console platforms? Guess they just didn't want to spend that extra time on the PC version... Wonder what else they skipped doing for the PC version.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 14:27 Decoy

There goes my purchase.  

1. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 14:25 Wildone

That REALLY sucks, how hard can it be in 2009?? L4Dead managed it pretty good. GB lends itself to 4 player for f's sake  

77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo