Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer

A post on Ecto-Web analyzes the Ghostbusters: The Video Game specs, pointing out that Windows is the only one of the game's platforms other than the DS that's not getting multiplayer co-op, a shortcoming that's also highlighted on Co-Optimus. Thanks Gary.

View
77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

37. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 15, 2009, 02:28 Jackplug

No multi!! then i wouldnt expect much for sales for this mediocre game then. Its a great oportunity missed to play ghosts aswell as the ghostbusters! A bit like L4D

As for piracy, many people just like to play the singleplayer side, so if they got rid of the singleplayer side of their game and just made an online side then I think their sales would increase, as how many hacked games get to play on the online servers? Not that many, unless of course you know of any pirate servers..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 15, 2009, 02:10 Z9000

I remember owning Pong from Sears. Then we had this cool thing that played Breakout, Pinball, and stuff. Then we had an Intellivision (friend had the Atari no need for both, Sea Battle!!). That's about the time the PC was invented. I played Ultima 1, Wizardry 1, a whole ton of shareware stuff, even had a awesome 300 baud terminal to play Dec-Trek on UT's Dec 10 (but would get destroyed by those guys with 1200 and some even had 2400 baud, spoiled college computer dept geeks). So in a way PC gaming has always come after consoles as far as sold products.

I have played all platforms forver, and while I do miss some awesome computer games from time to time due to DRM, there are good console games to make up for it. Yeah most of them are shooter, rpg, puzzle and action. But more and more strategy, RTS and ARPGs are starting to show up. Some so good they are better than using a mouse in a lot of ways.

I'd go through phases of hating the console in comparison to PC but still always owned them. Vectrex, Nintendo, Sega Master, Turboegrafix-16, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, Super Nintendo, N64, Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360. I skipped Saturn, Jaguar, 3DO, Colecovision, Oddyssey, and a couple others. Don't get me started on hand helds. I even owned Atari Lynx, how many here actually owned Mattel Football and a bunch of those early Mattel games? Point is a lot of games have come out over the years dwarfing anything PC volume wise, ever, period. Console/Handheld have always been here.

PCs used to warrant large amounts of time for large ambitious projects, but weather piracy is the problem, or if it's just less people buying PC, it's a fact and you really got 4 choices. Buy a console (Since most PC games are console ports now, I find it a lot better on the console), quit gaming, go make a PC game, or play the tiny trickle of titles and old stuff. It's a situation driven by money and the big money isn't in PC gaming right now unless you score big on an MMO or had the money to craft a game that everyone wants.

I don't like the situation. I liked building a new PC every year. I liked playing on PC, all the options, mods, controls, and choices. But it's gotten too disappointing to stake gaming hopes in. I lowered my expectations in the PC because I had to in order to continue enjoying games. Now I don't care what happens to the PC. I know there will be a few kick ass titles worth getting, but I don't have all my gaming tied to a largely underperforming software library, requiring over expensive piece of hardware. Now if anything decent PC hits, with out DRM, it's a bonus. I grab it and move on. But 95% of my game purchases are not for the PC amymore. This is a direct result of less titles, bad titles, and DRM.

I strongly encourage anyone who wants to make a stand against consoles to do so. I vote with my dollar too. But I like to game, and have always liked consoles somewhat, the transition for me wasn't that hard with a nice big HDTV and both PS3/Xbox360. I don't get disappointed anymore as time after time we hear the concessions pc gamers are forced to make. Drm, lack of features, ported, later release date, buggier, or just simply budget-who-cares-software. I didn't give up PC gaming, I just don't stake my hobby on a piece of hardware that is under appreciated, under developed for, and under assault from every aspect of capitalism. PC gaming has always been a source of underhanded, bad business practices with broken software, broken promises and broke companies.

I will play cool stuff when it's available, sadly most the time that's on a console. It's just the way things are because console gamers outnumber PC gamers when compared by purchased product. I think there are more PC gamers in the world than any other platform. But they are the minority when it comes to being measured by purchased product... The evidence sides with Caveman regarding piracy and maybe all the claims the industry have been making are largely true?

PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

35. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 23:38 Caveman

That's so ignorant I don't even know where to start.
You really think console piracy is even a fraction as bad as piracy? Just to go any peer 2 peer site and compare the download numbers for a PC version of the game and the xbox version of the game.

34. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 23:17 Jerykk

Of course it does but it's nothing compared to PC piracy and it's not bad enough to force developers to go multiplatform or ignore the platform altogether.

Piracy doesn't force publishers or developers to do anything. They chose to focus on consoles because that's where the biggest market is. According to your logic, everyone would focus on PS3 development because it doesn't have any piracy. However, everyone focuses on the 360 instead, even though it has far more piracy.

Piracy could disappear tomorrow and the PC would still be an afterthought for most publishers and developers.

33. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 23:16 Mashiki Amiketo

Of course it does but it's nothing compared to PC piracy...
That's so ignorant I don't even know where to start.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

32. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 22:56 Caveman

Because consoles don't have pirates right? hahaha
Of course it does but it's nothing compared to PC piracy and it's not bad enough to force developers to go multiplatform or ignore the platform altogether.

31. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 22:54 Prez

PC gaming is just getting shittier and shittier.

... as it becomes more and more like console gaming. Just not as profitable:(

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

30. WHAT? Jun 14, 2009, 22:28 Ant

Oh well, you lost a buyer! No playable PC demo either? I was interested in the game for multiplayer!!

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2009, 10:19.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

29. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 22:27 Slashman

hahahah...keep telling yourself that, PC is an afterthough these days...get over it.

You can thank all these assholes who steal shit for that.

Because consoles don't have pirates right? hahaha

28. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 22:02 Caveman

While console gaming has been absolute shit right from the very beginning. The difference is console gamers are proud of their mediocre shitty gameplay because they don't know any better.
hahahah...keep telling yourself that, PC is an afterthough these days...get over it.

You can thank all these assholes who steal shit for that.

27. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 21:31 Jerykk

While console gaming has been absolute shit right from the very beginning. The difference is console gamers are proud of their mediocre shitty gameplay because they don't know any better.

Yeah, I did find his comment rather ironic. Criticizing the PC while lauding consoles when the reason PC gaming has been getting shittier is because it's becoming more like console gaming.

26. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 21:16 LittleMe

Yes, it's true, this game has no dick.  

Perpetual debt is slavery.

25. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 20:52 n0slet

Amen!

24. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 20:20 necrosis

Wow. Zero network ANYTHING on the PC version. This will only make it even more pirated because there is well... no reason to not pirate it.  

23. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 20:04 Donkey_Punch

PC gaming is just getting shittier and shittier.

22. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 19:25 Jeraxle

Has anyone actually played the PC version yet? It's possible that they just forgot to mention multiplayer stuff on the box.

Hard to do when it's not out yet and you refuse to pirate leaked copies.

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

21. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 18:29 Jerykk

Has anyone actually played the PC version yet? It's possible that they just forgot to mention multiplayer stuff on the box.  

20. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 18:02 JaguarUSF

Wow. This flies in the face of every article I've read in about it:
"featuring multiplayer footage from the PS3/360/PC version of the game".
Now we know why the game is only $30.

19. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 17:56 Kosumo

/me sings -

I ain't afraid of no Co-op,
Solo makes me feel good,

That's how the song goes, right?

18. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 14, 2009, 17:43 Caveman

Good thing I own a console...PC gaming is just getting shittier and shittier.  

77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo