Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

All Aspect Warfare Demo

A playable demo for All Aspect Warfare is now available, offering a sample of 3000AD's science-fiction combat game, and as noted in this All Aspect Warfare developer blog update, both All Aspect Warfare and Angle Of Attack (which turns out to be the A.A.W. aerial combat spin off mentioned a couple of months ago) will likely go gold this week. The update goes on to describe the complications involved in releasing both games following the collapse of their Xbox 360 publishing deal that leaves the retail release of A.A.W. in jeopardy and may delay the games, even via digital distribution, depending on preorders and other factors. There is also the possibility of an XBLA deal for Angle Of Attack that means there will be no demo for this aerial combat game . The 291 MB All Aspect Warfare demo is available on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, and Gamer's Hell.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 16, 2009, 13:15 space captain

hhmm

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 12, 2009, 05:18 Shadowcat

I'm giving far far more of my business to DRM-free operations these days, but I do comprehend why most developers use some form of it, and I have to give some credit for the up-front approach taken on the AoA page I've just looked at. I appreciate that.

The one AAW video I saw (mostly of ground troops) didn't inspire me, but I'm potentially interested in the aerial combat, and I like the idea of having the option to 'upgrade' from AoA to AAW.

20. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 11, 2009, 21:44 JohnnyRotten

I personally think this is the best part of the game (emphasis mine):

LIMITED USE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

Copyright (c) 2008, 3000AD Inc.

This program, All Aspect Warfare ("software") and all copyrights trademarks and all other intellectual property rights related to it are owned by 3000AD, Inc. and are protected by United States copyright laws, international treaty provisions and all applicable law including the Lanham Act. You must treat the software like any other copyrighted material as required by 17 U.S.C §101 et seq and all applicable U.S and international laws.

This is a legal agreement between you, the end user, and 3000AD Inc. You agree that you are receiving a copy of the software and its user documentation, as a non-exclusive, non-transferable limited license only and not by sale and that the "first sale" doctrine of 17 U.S.C §109 does not apply to your receipt or use of the software or the printed documentation and manuals. This condition shall survive the termination of this agreement.

3000AD, Inc. or its partners, distributors and licensors disclaim all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the software.

3000AD, Inc. or its partners, distributors and licensors do not warrant that the operation of the software will be error free or that the software will meet with your requirements. 3000AD, Inc. or its partners, distributors and licensors also warrant that this software is sold “as-is” and that technical support will be provided to the best of it's abilities.

You cannot duplicate, sell, rent, lease, sub-license, translate, commercially exploit, distribute the software by any means, including on the Internet, disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, modify, alter or use this software for any commercial purpose whatsoever. You may only copy the software from your purchased CD-ROM onto your computer storage device or memory.

In no event will 3000AD, Inc or its partners, distributors and licensors be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, economic, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the software or user documentation, including, without limitation, damages or costs relating to the loss of profits, business, data, time or computer programs, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.

3000AD Inc. acknowledges that during online multiplayer play, communications may be exchanged between you and other players. 3000AD Inc. disclaims all liability for any damages suffered by you as a result of any such communications made by you or other users online.

You acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement. You also understand that by continuing the installation of the software, by loading or running the software, or by placing or copying the software onto your computer storage device, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.

I'll play: Vernor v. Autodesk; potential Clayton Act violation countersuit for any suit brought against the selling/purchasing parties by "3000AD, Inc or its partners, distributors and licensors". Sweet. Achievement +1

19. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 20:13 Keith

I've had some fun with the beta. I'll give the demo a shot, too, while waiting for the full release. I know, I know.. 3000AD games always leave me a little frustrated, but they also have a great deal of fun in them if you have the patience to learn the interface & controls.
Although I will freely admit I liked Full Spectrum Warrior and Ten Hammers (the sequel), plus I don't know a single 3rd world county, so what do I know.

18. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 17:46 Wolfox

Actually, the videos did tell me all I needed to know. Good luck, Mr. Smart - you'll need it.  

17. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 17:19 Kosumo

He had released video clip's over the last few months, of which me and a few other posters pointed out that they may have been overly long and need to be edited - we where flobbed off. 20 min (slow paced, not diablo 3 type) videos are not the best way to sell a game like this in my opinion.

Whats the story with the Xbox 360 publishing deal then?

16. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 16:58 sir

And I'd make getting a good video clip of your game a top priority.

Amen to that. Practically every gadget/gizmo/toy/doohickey I buy these days I won't touch with a barge pole unless I can check it out on Youtube first - although, obviously, first hand experience is always preferable, but only when I'm not feeling like a lazy sod.

15. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 15:55 Kxmode

I'll check this out and keep an open-mind about it too!  

14. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 15:53 space captain

its called "survival of the fittest", when failure to adapt leads to death

it happens quite a bit, ive seen firsthand a number of independent businesses go under because the owner had a "my way or the highway" outlook

its not always a flashy exit, either.. sometimes they just slowly wither and rot for years before finally evaporating entirely

Go forth, and kill!

13. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 15:43 Tumbler

There are several media clips on the game's website at http://www.allaspectwarfare.com but they don't tell you much of anything, given the massive scope of the game.

Hey...you're right. Didn't see those, scrolled down through some of those screenshots and gave up. Might want to move those around, I think people are more interested in video clips these days.

And I'd make getting a good video clip of your game a top priority. That really is key to getting people to take that step to download and try a demo. Might seem crazy but the time and energy is takes to download and install a demo just to see if the game is something I want to play is something I pass on plenty now. So many other games have great media clips that focus on certain aspects of their game so I get to go in knowing I want to play the game.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

12. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 15:39  dsmart 

There are several media clips on the game's website at http://www.allaspectwarfare.com but they don't tell you much of anything, given the massive scope of the game.  

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

11. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 15:37 Tumbler

Plus, ours is a totally different kind of game from which you can't learn anything from screen shots. Thats why there is a demo.

...video clips would be nice. Saves time when you can just watch someone else play via a web browser or media player of some type. Can also view that gameplay from computer other than my home game PC.

And why the fuck does the phrase "all aspect warfare" appear in you tube clips of women undressing? Weird seaching for video clips and see people doing strip teases... This something new the kiddies do today. I'm going to Strip tease all aspect warfare? Seriously...wtf?

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 15:40.

10. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 15:19  dsmart 

From the AAW site: "A critical planetside tactical strike mission gone horribly wrong.
Shot down. Stranded. Lost. Left for dead."

I wonder what game Derek has been playing recently

While I'm a big fan of L4D, our game's premise - and that tag line - pre-date L4D. Look it up and see for yourself.

Plus, ours is a totally different kind of game from which you can't learn anything from screen shots. Thats why there is a demo.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

9. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 15:03 Cock A Doodle Do

This game is pure shit. I don't even want to think about loading it on my computer again it sucked so hard. Please, DS, go into a different profession or something. I wouldn't make 3rd world counties play this shit ffs.  

8. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 15:00 space captain

doesnt look too exciting.. 100 sq miles of flat terrain, no vegetation? how does that lend itself to anything but vehicular air games? i thought this was supposed to have on-foot and ground/water shit  
Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 14:46 Wolfox

Ok, who will do the summoning?  

6. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 14:45 Lincolns Mullet

Good luck to 'em, really. I'm sure DS is checking this thread and waiting to jump in, but honestly if a game is good and gets good word of mouth people can find their way past graphical issues. My eyes bleed when I play Diablo 2, but it's worth it. Battleground Europe (WW2 Online) has amazing, detailed gameplay but the graphics are clearly dated. Doesn't keep it from succeeding an growing over the past 8 years though. People play because it's fun.

I'll try and take a look at it this weekend...

5. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 14:45 Kxmode

From the AAW site: "A critical planetside tactical strike mission gone horribly wrong.

Lost.

4. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 14:44 sir

3. Re: All Aspect Warfare Demo Jun 10, 2009, 14:32 Tumbler

Hmm, will download this and see what it looks like now. The beta that was offered through fileplanet was...rough...I'll mess with the demo before I go into more detail...  

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo