Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

America's Army 3 Steam Preloads

Steam News announces that America's Army 3 will make use of Steamworks features, and that the upcoming version of the freeware U.S. Army-developed military shooter sequel is now ready for preload:

America's Army 3 (AA3), the only action game that delivers an authentic and entertaining Army experience by reflecting the training, technology, actions, and career advancement of a Soldier within an exciting free game experience, is now available for pre-load via Steam. AA3 is free and will be released on June 17, 2009. Those playing AA3 through Steam will also get the benefit of Steamworks features such as auto-updating, Steam Achievements, and Steam Cloud.

For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com and www.steamgames.com/steamworks and aa3.americasarmy.com.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 11, 2009, 11:06 Agent.X7

Hey Jim, I can't wait till America invades your country... whatever country that may be. And if you are an American, I can't wait till you spout your shit to the wrong person and they drag you behind their car for a few miles.

Way to post something equally as asinine as what Jim is posting.

OMFG! I disagree wit yer internetz post, so u shuld die!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 11, 2009, 07:52 Zanthar

Hey Jim, I can't wait till America invades your country... whatever country that may be. And if you are an American, I can't wait till you spout your shit to the wrong person and they drag you behind their car for a few miles.  

28. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 20:28 Xoxotl

This made me LOL - the military's obsession with acronyms has no end.

Oh, the US Military do love their TLA's. (Three Letter Acronyms)

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 20:28.

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

27. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 14:54 Dr. D. Schreber

Note that Jim is a professional troll. You can't counter his arguments because he won't actually respond to anything anyone says, he'll just keep saying what he knows will infuriate everyone. He's probably American.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

26. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 13:02 hiya

note jim is slippery enough not to post what country he's from, (which makes it difficult to counter his "arguments", because every country is evil in proportion to it's size and power), but given his hostility to the US, I imagine he's got some patriotic fervor lodged up his ass somewhere.

Remember, patriots: “Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it.” - George Bernard Shaw

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 13:05.

25. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 12:07 Donkey_Punch

America spends more on their war machine than the rest of the planet combined. Your ignorance and brainwashed patriotism is a lot more dangerous than any terrorist in a cave. Show me any other country that has as many military bases all over the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_military_bases

hint: Almost every place you have invaded there is a base.

Keep waving your little flag, you Pavlovian dogs.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2009, 12:19.

24. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 09:46 Agent.X7

Just ignore Jim. If you check his history here, it's full of USA bashing posts.

I find it funny that some citizens from other countries hold our country responsible for everything, like their own country is so much better. Every country is responsible for fucked up shit. The only brainwashed people are the ones who believe their own governments bullshit and blame the US for the worlds troubles. You clean the dogshit out of your own lawn, we'll worry about ours.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

23. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 08:22 Zanthar

Maybe the army should stop using video games to recruit and just start taking 12yr olds from their homes kike they do in other countries?

Not everyone is as brain dead as you Jim... many people can actually play this game without being 'brainwashed' into joining the army.

Please Jim, you are a very unhappy sack-o-shit.. either move to a different country (china perhaps?) or just kill yourself in an environmentally friendly manner.

22. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 08:09 space captain

Nope, but it is the first to turn it into a video game. Keep waving your patriotic flag little doggy.

we cant wave it, its stuck up your ass

hey jim, go play some more military sim games you dumbass hypocrite

Go forth, and kill!

21. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 08:07 Zanthar

Haha, all you hippy tards. When is your savior gonna get the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan?

The U.S. Army has done more good for the world than any religious organization ever will. Sometimes to spread a little freedom you have to smash in a few skulls with the butt of your rifle. Remember... for every scumbag the Army kills, they are reducing food consumption, CO2 emissions and pollution. They truly are the jolly GREEN giants of the world! Huzzah!

20. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 04:32 Jerykk

Shouldn't that be LDRSSHIPC?  

19. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 00:54 bfg9000

(LDRSHIP - Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage).

This made me LOL - the military's obsession with acronyms has no end.

18. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 10, 2009, 00:10 Dr. D. Schreber

The original never really had enough to keep me into it after awhile, but I'm totally psyched for this one, all the changes and refinments they've done to gameplay seem like good ideas.

FFS, though, it's not realistic. It may be more realistic than, say, Modern Warfare, but that's like saying Modern Warfare is more realistic than Company of Heroes; true, but not to an extent where it matters. Looking up does not make you throw a grenade further.

Is Slippery Jim trolling again? Are people still paying attention? Does the forum have an ignore button yet?

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

17. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 9, 2009, 23:27 JaZeeL

I can't wait; AAO and AA2 had great gameplay, and the added ROE elements will make this one even better.  

16. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 9, 2009, 22:24 GT

Why the hell is this game a preload? It's free. There's no need to make people wait a week to start playing it after they download it. Forcing people to wait a week after downloading and then to wait while the game decrypts and unlocks is just stupid. Instead release the game in unencrypted form and let people play it as soon as it finishes downloading. If the game has bugs, then it can be updated next week or later, but there's obviously a playable build of it right now. There's no need for Steam's DRM and delays in a free game.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2009, 22:45.

15. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 9, 2009, 22:03 Kedyn

Nope, but it is the first to turn it into a video game. Keep waving your patriotic flag little doggy.

I'm pretty sure that video game companies made games about war before the United States did...

14. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 9, 2009, 21:18 Quboid

I just like the idea of a good, professional realistic shooter out there and that it's free is all the better. It's money better spent than recruiters trying to chat up kids at the Mall (I'm reliably informed (by TV) that that is where American kids "hang out"). They do a serious attempt and it's a serious game. I'm sure it's a lot nicer than actual army life, which seems to consist of equipment shortages and bullying, but it is trying to represent actual combat in an informative manner.

If anyone joins the army expecting it to be just like this, well, that's natural selection.

- Quboid

13. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 9, 2009, 20:18 Donkey_Punch

America isn't the first country to have a military that has killed people before.

12. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 9, 2009, 20:00 theyarecomingforyou

Your free propaganda is available to practice your killing! Wave flag and then download. Ring bell and salivate little doggy.
I don't see the problem, personally. It's a free game; and being a UK citizen there is no chance of it getting me to join the US Army, nor is it going to convince me that US military 'strategy' consists of anything more than 'shoot first, feign apology later'. And if anyone in the US is dumb enough to be convinced to join the US Army because of such a game then that's great, as there's always a strong demand for cannon fodder.

Oh, and I hope they manage to make the training sections a bit more entertaining... most people play games for enjoyment. They need to make the education side of things a bit more subtle - people shouldn't realise they're learning stuff.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: America's Army 3 Steam Preloads Jun 9, 2009, 19:58 ^mortis^

i think the Bundeswehr edition will feature water guns and vicious flowers.

#2, we would have also accepted:

All across the world
The holy armies on a tear
Ripping through the planet's faiths
Population's running scared
Christianity's all around
Zealots they abound
I wanna blow them to pieces
Cause I...I'm

KILLING FOR JESUS.

^m^