Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 6, 2009, 10:35 space captain

i remember millions of idiots with fat wallets  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 6, 2009, 07:55 Z9000

The first stealth action game I played was on an Apple ][. It was called Castle Wolfenstein. I will never forget the scream of "SS, SS!" when the meaner guards appeared. It would startle you.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 6, 2009, 02:30 Dades

Natal Fakery is a good read.

Natal wasn't faked, Peter Molyneux employed an actress for one of his demos. Watch the video. The Natal technology itself is quite real and interesting from a tech perspective, I just hope MS doesn't try to lock it out from being used on the PC. There are some interesting potential applications for it in the software industry, not just gaming.

One thing that kind of struck me odd is how people are making a big deal over the drawing of a picture, showing it to the camera, then the software making an object in the virtual world. Sony Eyepets has had this feature shown already. I still think if you take away the buzz about Natal, there wasn't enough about games, remember games?!

I could say the same thing about the PSP Go and Sony's motion demo or Nintendo's stupid Pulse. This E3 had a retarded focus on peripherals that aren't going to matter for at least 2 years.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 2009, 02:31.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2009, 22:53 Jerykk

Having purchase the $5 Penumbra collection,

Yes! Everyone should buy it right now. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1451/

Best survival horror games in years and a total steal at $5.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2009, 20:11 Z9000

Natal Fakery is a good read. One thing that kind of struck me odd is how people are making a big deal over the drawing of a picture, showing it to the camera, then the software making an object in the virtual world. Sony Eyepets has had this feature shown already. I still think if you take away the buzz about Natal, there wasn't enough about games, remember games?!

The wolverine DLC doesn't really encourage me to go get it even though I liked the game.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2009, 20:15.

PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2009, 19:46 Ray Marden

It's no worse than claiming Metal Gear did it first.
Castle Wolfenstein wut? And probably something earlier.
Having purchase the $5 Penumbra collection,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2009, 19:30 Narf2029

I bet a lot of early 20-somethings today don't even know what a Super Nintendo is, let alone the original Metal Gear or most other NES titles.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2009, 19:30.

Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2009, 19:15 Wilson

Interesting how Metal Gear Solid originated the stealth action game, when Metal Gear did it first. Sure, they originated the MODERN stealth action game...

I mean, does the pre-Playstation generation just not exist in the public memory or something?

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2009, 13:09 kimbambaman

Yeah, they want to charge $10 for what was a free pre-order bonus. Screw that.  
"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 5, 2009, 09:16 Verno

The Wolverine DLC is like $8 for a single level, don't waste your time or money.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo