Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Donut Day, an unofficial event here in the U.S. that's the first Friday in June. This commemoration has its roots in the Great Depression harking back to the Salvation Army during World War I. As a result, free donuts (I prefer the "doughnuts" spelling myself) can be found in some places: At Dunkin' Donuts you have to buy a beverage while apparently Krispy Kreme is giving them away with no strings attached. I also see the offer at a chain I don't know called LaMar's, who also celebrate the occasion with Donut Trivia. For those in other countries, don't take this lying down, we need some protests to turn this into World Donut Day!

Oh, and if fried dough strikes you as too unhealthy for your lifestyle, then today is also apparently National Running Day.

Doughy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - Battle for the Allspark V2.
The Horde 2.
Shopping Street.
Links: Wish List- 14 Directors and the Video Games They Should Adapt. Thanks Digg.
Project Panzerbox- A Tribute to Wolfenstein.
Dexter Bobble Head is as Freaky as the Real Thing. Thanks Eran.
Stories: Gay Penguins Raise Chick Together in German Zoo. Thanks the AntiELVIS.
Ruling allowing Taser use to get DNA may be nation’s first. Thanks Gizmodo.
Science: Ha-Ha! Ape Study Traces Evolution of Laughter. Laugh it up, fuzzball.
FDA Approves Drug for Dogs' Cancer.
Images: Conan's new set looks like Super Mario. Thanks Digg.
Media: Han Solo, P.I. Thanks Neatorama.
Hitler - Left 4 Dead 2. You know there's hate when they pull this one out.
Lego Wii.
Follow-up: Circus chief to be space tourist.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2009, 12:22 Hyatus

Krispy Kreme's only good donut is their original and only when it's freshly made. Then it's the bomb. Day-old is meh and their other selection is meh. I miss Dunkin for flavored donuts. Safeway's are pretty tasty though.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2009, 11:05 xXBatmanXx

In-N-Out is way overrated as well. Better than McD's, but I would much rather have a burger from Carl's Jr. if I am going the fast food burger route.

I REALLY enjoy in n out, probably bc we don't have them here in the Midwest....but, I actually like Smash Burger more than In N Out, and I am happy to say there is now Smash Burger in Minnesota.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2009, 10:37 Innocent

if yer using firefox, i believe downthemall (addon) will download embedded videos for you...  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2009, 10:04 Tony!!!

Hey I want to download that Hitler- Left 4 Dead 2 video to my pc. Can I do that some how?  
-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2009, 09:17 Warhawk

Krispy Kreme is the In-N-Out of donuts!

Hopefully you've been to In-N-Out Burgers to understand...

In-N-Out is way overrated as well. Better than McD's, but I would much rather have a burger from Carl's Jr. if I am going the fast food burger route.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2009, 03:08 Cutter

When I saw that headline about gay penguins I surmised it was a story about Pittsburgh.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 6, 2009, 01:13 xXBatmanXx

Damn, and I even worked today.....we don't have any of those places in our area anyway.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 23:39 PHJF

Local bakeries are always better.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 21:42 Enahs

There is a local mom and pop place around here called Donut King. There donuts are by far 100x better then Krispy Kreme or Dunkin' Donuts.

It has nothing to do with the chain in Au.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 21:06 Innocent

just figured out why this shopping street is addictive...it's a Tower Defense variation.  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 20:02 Kosumo

That Hitler - Left 4 Dead 2 video was great, like they embody the whole nerd rage into an old video, great stuff.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 16:38 space captain

Dexter only seemed to get better once they ventured beyond the book, i doubt it will be a bad season

they bringing back Lundy, and John Lithgow as serial killer mastermind - sounds good

Go forth, and kill!

20. Dexter Jun 5, 2009, 15:44 Mindstorm

LOL....nice bobble head for a great show. I hope that doesn't mean it's ready to jump the shark.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 15:26 ldonyo

LaMar's makes killer donuts! They are all over Kansas City and stomp KK into the dirt!  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 14:52 Innocent

that shopping street is a stupid little game, but irritatingly addictive. after playing it i have a burning desire to become a merchant. can't get past chicago lvl 5 btw.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 14:19 Kxmode

Lets face it, there's on so far you can go wrong with deep frying flour, water and sugar then adding more sweet stuff. It's all awesome.

Though prepared doughnuts just don't compare to freshly made.

Blasphemy! Krispy Kreme has a donut factory where donuts are made in real-time on a very long conveyance system. And if you're lucky one of the nice KK staff will give you a piping hot freebie direct off the assembly line.

Krispy Kreme is the In-N-Out of donuts!

Hopefully you've been to In-N-Out Burgers to understand...

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 14:16 Kxmode

Oh come now Masa. A team of talented people made the game, together... as a team.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 14:13 Masa

IS there a chance Blue can get Tom Ohle's name highlighted in a technicolor rainbow? "I made The Witcher!"

I think he deserves it. That game rocked.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 14:04 The Half Elf

Don't be bitter nin, even Chris Rock nailed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=058zvgF3OIU

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2009, 13:44 nin

I've never had a Krispy Kreme Doughnut.

They're ok, but they're not the end-all, be-all that some claim them to be...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo