Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 2 Trailer

The full E3 trailer for Mass Effect 2 is now available, showing off BioWare's upcoming science-fiction, role-playing sequel. The clip includes cinematics, gameplay, and as the teaser for this clip showed, the possibly not-dead Shepard. You can find the movie on ActionTrip and AtomicGamer.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 5, 2009, 21:01 Jerykk

I don't understand why you can't just get it on the PC where it will very obviously be the best..?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 5, 2009, 04:01 Z9000

I sincerely thought it had already been announced. Kind of hard to keep up with all the PS3 titles much less all cross platform! It's either coming time released, or will get shot down by MS paying much bigger money since EA owns ME now. I am banking it is coming because a dev let it slip according to Shaknews (end of January) that they were working with PS3 on it, then CEO of EA called it multiplatform in an earnings meeting. Lingo used only for multiple console releases, not 1 console and PC release. Add to that the fact both EA and Bioware will not say "No it's not coming out on the PS3", they only say stuff like, "We can only confirm the titles coming out on the announced systems". They were asked directly at GDC and had that response as well. So officially, I guess it is not announced yet and my post was something I should have expanded on in detail like this. Add to this the fact if it were an Xbox exclusive still, I think we would have heard about 7 exclusives during the MS portion of E3 instead of 6. This is EA we are talking about now, they aren't in the exclusives business much if at all. I am still banking on it coming to PS3, and will not be buying the Xbox version until I get a firm "no" from E3 or other sources. Sorry for the confusion.

@Dades - no

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2009, 04:28.

PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

15. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 23:34 Dades

I am just glad it's multi platform. I will gladly not use my old save to switch to PS3.

Z9000 trollin his finest. In his world Mass Effect 2 is a PS3 exclusive. Guy is literally off his rocker.

14. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 16:23 DG

music reminds me of 28 Days Later theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMyIG2EKPoE  

13. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 16:09 everyone

PS3? F that. Way better on PC.

Way.

12. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 15:45 KilgoreTrout

Yeah, perhaps you are right. I am a slow gamer. :o)  

11. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 14:19 Verno

I'm pretty sure the spoiler deadline ended on ME1 a long time ago  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

10. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 13:49 KilgoreTrout

I'm playing the first one right now. Thanks for the unavoidable ending spoiler. :oP  

9. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 09:02 Verno

It's not being released for the PS3, it's being released for the 360 and the PC. That was a rumor started back in January by a PS fansite which was denied by EA. An EA exec talked about a possibility of getting Mass Effect 1 on the PS3 awhile back but nothing ever came of it.

For those interested on the PC, it's up for preorder on some sites already and it's $10 cheaper than the 360 version. It looks like it will be pretty close to a simultaneous release.

its actually spelled "simultaneous", doctor.. just for your edification on this potentially egregious matter

The guy who can't use punctuation and never capitalizes properly looks really stupid telling others how to spell.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2009, 09:45.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 08:02 Z9000

I am just glad it's multi platform. I will gladly not use my old save to switch to PS3.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

7. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 06:58 space captain

its actually spelled "simultaneous", doctor.. just for your edification on this potentially egregious matter

and the official word on this is
While the game has technically been in the public eye for several weeks, today BioWare and Electronic Arts sent out a press release making Mass Effect 2 "official". The press release also confirmed that the title will be heading to the PC platform in early 2010.

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 03:28 Jerykk

If Microsoft is publishing a game, there's a 99.9% chance that it will be an Xbox-exclusive for at least a year. The only reason Mass Effect came out 6 months after the 360 version was because Bioware was bought by EA. I'm interested to see how MS handles Alan Wake. Remedy has already confirmed that it will come out for the PC but they didn't specify when.  

5. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 02:58 Dr. D. Schreber

I seem to recall Bioware mentioning awhile back, when the first game's PC port was nearing release, that they intended to get the PC version of the second game out much, much closer to the console version, but it probably wouldn't be simoultanious.

I remember I resigned myself to the PC port being a good year away at best so I finally broke down and bought the console version. After opening it and playing for awhile, I took a break, opened Blues, and the very first news item was "Mass Effect PC in two months."

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

4. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 4, 2009, 02:23 Fion

I'm re-playing the original now actually. Very solid game but I have a major beef with it and that is the lack of variety in gear. Besides the unique weapons and gear, having 5 types of each weapon that have 1-10 itterations? and 4 or 5 different textures on 2 different meshes per gun type got boring. That and there was some repitition in the varity of planets. The same 3 base types, the one derelect ship model, etc. Mind, I still loved the exploration thanks to the attention to detail. But more variety in that respect.

That and space combat. Give us a few space fight scenes, even if it isn't directly 'you controlling the ship in star wars style space dog fighting.' More like Eve, a bunch of huge ships maneuvering slowly but blasting the shit out of each other, something like that would rule.

Last I would LOVE if you cant play Shepard but rather you make a character of any of the known races and your first missions are to discover what happened to him or something. I REALLY want to make a Salarian tech.

(More complexity and options in the class and advancement systems wouldn't hurt either.)

As to release date. Yea we've got Dragon's Age in a few months. That'll be enough Bioware goodness to last a long time. Especially for modders on the PC version. I cant wait to get my hands dirty in that game!

I just hope the PC release isn't so long away and they do the PC version in house so it comes out at the same time on PC, or soon after. Since M$ has no say about it anymore, there's a solid chance. Thank god the era of Xbox exclusive Bioware games are over.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2009, 02:28.

3. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 3, 2009, 23:37 Creston

I'm excited as hell for this game. Too bad it's not coming out 'till next year

Creston

2. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 3, 2009, 20:32 Dades

Well yeah, it was obviously misdirection A crazy amount of work went into modeling and animating the male/female player characters, no way they'd just ditch it and start over. Plus people got really attached to their characters and how would they bring over the stuff you did in the first game if they killed off the main?  

1. Re: Mass Effect 2 Trailer Jun 3, 2009, 20:21 Flatline

G4 interviewed BioWare on ME2, and they talked constantly about playing as Shepard. It's pretty likely he'll live, and probably is your main character.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo