Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Demigod Patched

Impulse has details on a new version 1.01 update that's now automatically available for Demigod, Gas Powered Games' recently released action/strategy game. Word is:

The new version of Demigod has focused largely on significantly improving the on-line experience of Demigod based on player feedback.

Version 1.01 includes a host of new features and improvements to the game including:

• Improved on-line connectivity
    • Significantly improved computer AI
    • Better in game detection between those who quit a game versus those who get disconnected
    • Reduced bandwidth requirements
    • More robust storing of online statistics (favor points, achievements, rankings, etc.)
    • Better queuing of player actions in game.
    • Lots of misc. improvements

View
4. Re: Demigod Patched Jun 2, 2009, 21:02 Bucky

They've mentioned that upload speed can really hurt larger games as it pushes a lot of data; they're finding that quite a few people with broadband connections have really poor upload speeds which really hurts in a p2p connection system. I think the stat that was thrown out was a 35% reduction in upload data. They also believe they've finally squashed all the annoying Demigod 'stuck' problems where a move command had to be issued before you could do anything else.

I'll probably give it a whirl tomorrow night to see how things have improved, and then get my ass handed to me online.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 21:04.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 2, 20:15 Re: Demigod Patched Prez
  2. Jun 2, 20:21 Re: Demigod Patched Dades
  3. Jun 2, 20:39  Re: Demigod Patched BurntSoul
>> 4. Jun 2, 21:02   Re: Demigod Patched Bucky
  5. Jun 2, 23:46 Re: Demigod Patched D4rkKnight
  6. Jun 2, 23:49 Re: Demigod Patched Dades
  7. Jun 3, 11:32 Re: Demigod Patched Verno
  8. Jun 3, 11:35  Re: Demigod Patched sponge
  9. Jun 3, 11:54 Re: Demigod Patched Verno

footer