Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Glove Controller

Peregrine Glove ControllerThe Peregrine Website reveals the Peregrine, a PC controller that uses a glove to enable gesture based control for PC games. Here's a bit on the Peregrine, which is due for release this fall:

Iron Will Technologies today unveiled the Peregrine, a new PC gaming peripheral that puts games at your fingertips – literally. A gaming glove with proprietary TouchPoint™ technology, the Peregrine is a direct link to increasingly complex PC games like real-time strategy (RTS) and massively multiplayer online (MMO) titles. The Peregrine is scheduled for release in fall 2009.

Gamers who add the Peregrine to their arsenal will gain access to more than 30 actions at their fingertips, allowing them to command armies and cast spells with speed, accuracy and comfort. Constructed of durable, flexible fabric, with a magnetic break-away electronics pod, the Peregrine comfortably augments or even replaces the keyboard in any gamer’s command center.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Glove Controller Jun 3, 2009, 12:47 Muscular Beaver

Liberate us!

Mind controller next?

Mind controls were announced like 15 years ago as the near future. But like the manned mars landing, it somehow never happened.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Glove Controller Jun 3, 2009, 08:40 sauron

for me it was a race to see if it was that line or someone doing a virtual hand-job joke.....

Allows you to give your ingame foes the finger, with no typing involved!!

Kittens!

19. Re: Glove Controller Jun 3, 2009, 03:50 Jackplug

Warning fail alert! Bargin Basement item!!  

18. Re: Glove Controller Jun 3, 2009, 03:34 InBlack

FAIL +1  

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Glove Controller Jun 3, 2009, 03:23 Shadowcat

As long as it uses natural movements and is tolerant of an infirm hand I could see it working, otherwise it'd just cause different RSIs.
I had a lecturer who switched to a voice-operated system due to bad RSI from typing, and he wound up straining his vocal chords instead.

16. Re: Glove Controller Jun 3, 2009, 00:55 Narf2029

Sounds good to me. Between several past jobs and using mice since I could read, it's a miracle my wrist bends at all. As long as it uses natural movements and is tolerant of an infirm hand I could see it working, otherwise it'd just cause different RSIs.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

15. Re: Glove Controller Jun 3, 2009, 00:10 Kxmode

Finally, a controller for Michael Jackson.

To play Moonwalker

14. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 23:43 Silicon Avatar

Finally, a controller for Michael Jackson.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 23:43.

13. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 23:38 Kosumo

I was gonna go for the hand-job joke but settled on the Microsoft O/S refence due to the current JOB market being down.  

12. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 22:26 Hump

Wondered how many posts it was gonna take before someone dropped that line...

for me it was a race to see if it was that line or someone doing a virtual hand-job joke.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

11. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 22:16 Wowbagger_TIP

i love the powerglove. it's so bad.
Wondered how many posts it was gonna take before someone dropped that line...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

10. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 21:56 Nucas

i love the powerglove. it's so bad.  

9. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 21:56 f13

Now, call me uninformed but I have not heard much of this Microsoft Natal you talk of. What I have heard is that it's got people jumping around like apes which would make me believe that it's a new O/S for apes??

well there's a video of a woman playing with a character, i think if properly developed it could be great for kids to play with. sort of your tv buddy

anyway, why is this glove left handed? how am i supposed to press the keys to move? or.. is that what the glove is supposed to do? just keeping my fingers together and the character moves?

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 21:57.

8. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 21:54 Creston

Depending on how easy it is to use and how accurate it is, I'm probably interested in something like this. A mouse gives me RSI and I've been waiting for someone to release a new controller.

Shit, every halfway decently advanced movie of the last ten years always shows the lead actor controlling computers with his hands, swiping and flipping shit, yet we've still got our crappy keyboards and Mice.

Liberate us!

Mind controller next?

Creston

7. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 21:50 Kosumo

Now, call me uninformed but I have not heard much of this Microsoft Natal you talk of. What I have heard is that it's got people jumping around like apes which would make me believe that it's a new O/S for apes??  

6. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 21:23 Agent.X7

Yes, I really want to wear a fucking glove when it's 100 degrees out. I'm sure the "cool zones" will really help.

Let me be the first (here anyway) to say:
FAIL.

I'd rather have the Microsoft Natal for the PC.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 21:21 space captain

keanu: "whoa.."  
Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 20:45 Kxmode

Can I play Rad Racer with this?!  

3. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 20:19 xXBatmanXx

NES POWERGLOVE 2.0!  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 20:06 Kosumo

His second I think, there was one the other day in a L4D2 story.

(My memory could be foggy, just got back from hosptil after getting owned pretty hard in another thread )

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 20:27.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo