Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rendition: Guantanamo

Get Ready For Gitmo: The Video Game on CBS News reveals development of Rendition: Guantanamo, in the works for PC and Xbox 360 at Scottish developer T-Enterprise. A Teaser Trailer on the official website offers a look at someone sitting around a cell, but according to an article on Deadline Scotland there is more planned from gameplay, as it describes playing as terrorism suspects trying to escape from the prison. This is obviously courting controversy, they say the game is set in January 2010 because that is when they expect the prison to close, with the developers saying: "We are making a statement. We did not want Guantanamo to be forgotten." The CBS News article focuses on the participation of Moazzam Begg, a British Muslim who was held for three years in the American military prison who claims he was tortured during his detainment.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 2, 2009, 07:39 Tango

Saying that "Muslims" are responsible for something is like saying that "Christians" are responsible for these murders. I don't think they should all be tarred with the same brush.
Absolutely right, well put.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 2, 2009, 00:45 tuddies

Let's do 1,000 911's on other countries and not think twice about it! That'll probably help.

16. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 19:59 Donkey_Punch

They know that there are brainwashed Americans that will line up to buy such a game.  

15. Re: fuck that sacred cow up the ass Jun 1, 2009, 17:32 space captain

hell yeh, good luck  
Go forth, and kill!

14. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 16:46 Prez

...as it describes playing as terrorism suspects trying to escape from the prison.

Oy vey.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 16:13 Wowbagger_TIP

We ought to just behead our prisoners with a dull machete on webcam just like the Muslims do.
Fanatics of all religious persuasions seem to think they have the right to kill people they disagree with. Witness the recent killings of doctors who perform abortions by people who think their religious beliefs trump all. Saying that "Muslims" are responsible for something is like saying that "Christians" are responsible for these murders. I don't think they should all be tarred with the same brush.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

12. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 15:53 Techie714 ©

I went to Gitmo & all I got was this lousy shirt...  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

11. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 14:43 NKD

We ought to just behead our prisoners with a dull machete on webcam just like the Muslims do.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

10. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 14:31 Agent.X7

Perhaps you should read up in the alleged prisoner treatment at Gitmo, Train.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay_detention_camp

Not only does the military do it, but then the CIA steps in and does what they want as well.

Not that I want to play a game where I am a Gitmo prisoner. I'd rather play one where I am shooting at them on the battlefield.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

9. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 13:59 Trainwreck

Jesus fuck people, we're not actually TORTURING anybody down in Gitmo, unless you consider placing a Koran in a toilet to be a form of torture. Waterboarding is bad and shouldn't be practiced, but at least it's done extremely rarely.

Everyone's getting this confused with Abu Ghraib, which was shut down and those involved were prosecuted. Maybe not EVERYBODY was punished who should have, and that sucks, but it's life in an imperfect society. The fact is that the military doesn't go around torturing people. We treat our prisoners better than just about anybody else.

8. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 13:22 Wildone

yea and they behead our reporters/hostages right on video for the world to see.  

7. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 13:09 Elf Shot The Food

Can't wait for their E3 presentation!  

6. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 12:54 Wildone

Lets be nice to the terrorists! Then watch them do another 911  

5. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 12:52 tuddies

Hopefully, unlike real life, we will be able to stop US military personnel from sodomizing young boys and killing detainees.

4. Re: Do we get to..... Jun 1, 2009, 12:48 DG

well their latest flash game is apparently "[Susan] Boyle's Breakdown", so I think we have an indication on what kind of a company this is.  

3. Do we get to..... Jun 1, 2009, 12:35 TheVoiceOfTruth

play the part of the female American torturer who put her hands in her vagina while she was on her period, then put the blood on the muslim prisoners?

2. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 12:20 RazorWynd

fuck gitmo  
Supporter of "The Only Good fredster Is A Dead fredster" fan club

1. Re: Rendition: Guantanamo Jun 1, 2009, 12:09 maldoror

stupid attention seekers.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..