Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands Trailer

The E3 trailer from Borderlands is now posted on GameTrailers.com with some teaser footage from Gearbox Software's upcoming not cel-shaded sci-fi first-person shooter.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Borderlands Trailer Jun 1, 2009, 08:39 DesRed

The cel-shading looks okay to me. Random-generated weapons, on the other hand, is not my cup of tea, even if it goes up till 1000 (Also one of the reason why I am a bit sceptical of this game for now). I wonder why don't they allow you to customise the weapons instead. At least it gives the game some variety.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2009, 08:40.

"I don't think being interactive gives you fantastic power to change the minds of people and make them do things they'd never think of doing otherwise." -David Cage (Quantic Dream)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Borderlands Trailer Jun 1, 2009, 01:31 DangerDog

I doubt we'll ever see ACM.

11. Re: Borderlands Trailer Jun 1, 2009, 00:05 Z9000

Well Jeryyk, sounds like this game just isn't your cup of tea from all perspectives. I hope it isn't cancelled and they do it right. After Hellgate London, this area of gaming is wide open.

Colonial Marines still shows release of 12/31/09 on Gamestop. Don't know any other details.

PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

10. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 22:49 Jerykk

What has my interest is random content, random loot especially, and near endless replay value.

Exact opposite here. I hate randomly generated content, as it is inherently generic and forgettable. I don't really care if Borderlands has thousands of "different" weapons if they are all just minor variations of each other. I'll take a handful of unique, balanced and memorable weapons over a million randomly-generated weapons any day.

9. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 21:16 TangledThorns

This game has been in development for some time and with the recent Gearbox drama I thought it was canceled. Was Colonial Marines canceled?  

8. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 20:18 Z9000

I think the game looks fine. What has my interest is random content, random loot especially, and near endless replay value. If they do these things right, this is going to be one heck of a game.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

7. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 20:07 HeadWound

I love the look. I am tired of games going for a super realistic look, it always looks a bit off to me. I like the cartoony, comic book look.  

6. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 19:20 theyarecomingforyou

I really don't like the art direction. I'm all for doing something different but it looks completely out of place. And I don't understand how Gearbox can maintain that it's not cel-shaded when that's exactly what it looks like.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 19:08 Veinman

I preferred the more realistic look it originally had. Either way, I still hope the game delivers on its premise. If it does, I'll be picking it up.  

4. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 18:40 Jerykk

I don't really like the cel-shaded look. It doesn't fit the mood of the game.  

3. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 16:28 DangerDog

seeing it in motion gives a whole different slant on the cel-shading effect.

going to take some getting used to but I guess it works.

the alternative didn't look all that great to begin with, anything to help make it not look like another generic Unreal Engine game is a good thing.

2. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 15:07 CommunistHamster

Looks fairly cell shaded to me.  

1. Re: Borderlands Trailer May 31, 2009, 14:43 Hump

looks good but still not enough to get a good idea of how it will play.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo