Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer

GameTrailers.com also has the E3 trailer for Need For Speed SHIFT, featuring gameplay footage from the upcoming hard-driving racing sequel. We're not sure if alcohol was involved, but the clip features some of the worst driving we can recall this side of the New York State Thruway.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 30, 2009, 02:43 siapnar

Semi-excited for this.
Either way, there should be some good racing games coming out, with Split Second and DiRT2 on the horizon as well.

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 30, 2009, 01:33 Jerykk

Carbon was crap. Boring city, lackluster sense of speed, stupid story. The canyon races were enjoyable though. Intense stuff and pure skill required.

Anyway, NFS needs to go back to its roots. Hybrid sim/arcade physics and handling, exotic supercars, exotic point-to-point tracks around the world, customizable weather, time of day, traffic, etc. NFS:PU was the direction that the series should have stayed on instead of jumping onto the Fast and Furious bandwagon. SHIFT is taking the series too far in the opposite direction. If I want a hardcore racing sim, I'll play GTR2 or something. I play NFS for pretty cars and scenery.

7. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 29, 2009, 18:06 Xero

If you want cops vs crooks, without a doubt Most Wanted is still the best although Carbon isn't too shabby. Think of the upped graphics as the + while slightly degraded chases as the - Undercover was absolutely the worst NFS game in existence. A total piece of crap.  

Currently playing: Skyrim

6. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 29, 2009, 14:28 Tavil

Im cautiously awaiting this.
Realistic Sim and EA dont go hand in hand in the past.

5. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 29, 2009, 12:40 PHJF

Undercover was *horrible*. If you want police chases just go back and play Most Wanted some more, it's still the best.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 29, 2009, 11:41 Ronin

that's right...I completely forgot about Undercover. Was thinking Pro Street was the last one. But from what I heard, Undercover tanked. I'll have to look into it.  
-Azrael
"Don't Fear the Reaper, fear ME."
http://gamershots.net

3. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 29, 2009, 11:33 tootbrush

i'm wondering if they haven't gotten more "realistic" in the handling and play.

They got progressively more "realistic" up until Porsche Unleashed, but when that underground BS started, they went back to square one.

With the last incarnation and this, they've obviously lost site of this.

Wasn't Undercover all about cops vs crooks?

2. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 29, 2009, 10:41 Ronin

Oh this will do great. A racing sim featuring realistic tracks and real cars. It certainly doesn't have any competition.

/sarcasm

Seriously, the NFS franchise was good for one thing...cops vs crooks. With the last incarnation and this, they've obviously lost site of this.

-Azrael
"Don't Fear the Reaper, fear ME."
http://gamershots.net

1. Re: Need For Speed SHIFT Trailer May 29, 2009, 09:49 strich

Do the NFS games still play and handle the way the first few played? I really enjoyed the old PS2 games, but i'm wondering if they haven't gotten more "realistic" in the handling and play.  

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo