Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Natural Selection 2 Trailer

The first trailer from Natural Selection 2 is on Kotaku, showing off the new engine Unknown Worlds is creating for their action/strategy sequel. Word on the Natural Selection 2 Website is: "The quality there isn't as high as the regular version but we'll post our own here very shortly."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer Jun 15, 2009, 16:20 The Raven

NS is a great game. Unfortunately, you're at the mercy of the builders/general. The inter-dependence between players is high, and being teamed with stupid teammates is always a drag. Since most people are stupid at least some of the time (ignorance, bad day, grumpy, trolling) having your entire half hour game ruined by one or two bad players on your sixteen player team sucks. And it happens more often than it doesn't.

That's what made people switch to Combat servers. At least on a combat server, if someone else sucks they don't interfere with your fun. Combat servers are never as fun as a great vanilla game, but they're not ruined as often either.

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 28, 2009, 14:38 fatguy

My favorite times playing NS was when there used to be EPIC 2 hour+ games going back and forth. Now you cant get a game longer than 30 minutes even on the "classic" servers. I still like the game but its no where near what it used to be imo. I hope NS2 brings more strategy and depth than NS currently has.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2009, 14:39.

8. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 28, 2009, 09:38 bcanceldirt

Fuck. Yes. I think the original falls right behind Tribes as the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game. I hope my poor computer can run this.  

7. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 28, 2009, 09:34 Wowbagger_TIP

Because it was a total about face from the NS's main draw: strategy. And instead of sprawling intricate maps we were given tiny little rocket arena zones.
This is the way of all things. Most people seem to have the attention span of a 4-year-old. Things like strategy or character development are boring because shit isn't blowing up as fast. See the same thing with TV as with games. The retarded shows get the viewers while the good shows are considered "too slow" or "too involved" for people to just sit down and start watching any old time. It's kind of like complaining that a book sucks because you started reading at chapter 12 and don't understand who the characters are or why shit isn't blowing up already. I mostly hate people I think.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 28, 2009, 01:51 PHJF

Because it was a total about face from the NS's main draw: strategy. And instead of sprawling intricate maps we were given tiny little rocket arena zones.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 28, 2009, 00:55 RP

Combat and Classic are both fun.

And isn't Combat taking over the majority of servers a form of natural selection based on player preference? (SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?!?11~) More players want to play Combat so more servers adapt to meet this need, or something.

In any event, I never understood why the crusty NS community hated Combat with such a passion.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2009, 01:04.

4. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 28, 2009, 00:29 PHJF

ns1 was the best game ever

Until Combat came and took over 95% of the servers.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 27, 2009, 22:16 bigspender

ns1 was the best game ever, essentially made by 1 or 2 people

the soul ns2 is made by roughly 4 people, and i can bet that it will be the best game ever since ns1

pre-ordered the special edition, now i just have to wait

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 27, 2009, 21:19 DangerDog

A bit worried for the extremely low system requirements for NS2, I'm all for scalability with game engines but 256meg of ram, Windows 98?

I know that's the minimum spec but yikes! What year is it?

1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Trailer May 27, 2009, 20:59 Sepharo

Was just talking about Natural Selection with a co-worker the other day...

We both agreed it was the best mod for HL1 ever...

Yes, better than my daily bread and butter, CS.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2009, 21:05.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo