Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We've been trying to track down a problem on the web server here that's been causing the site to become non-responsive at times. This is a little mysterious right now, as it comes out of the blue, so to speak, after months of perfect operation, but Frans has been looking into it, so hopefully his detective work will be successful.

Marinated Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Heavy Weapons. Thanks Jay is Games
Gravity Tumble.
Fox Fyre. Thanks Jay is Games.
Links: Destructoid - A Spotter's Guide to the Gaming Press.
Ferris Bueller's Ferrari House Now For Sale. Car diaper not included.
13 book-to-film adaptations that the authors hated. Thanks Digg.
Stories: When it's pot versus pet, there's a bad trip in store.
Glass impurity can cause microwaves to explode. Thanks Digg.
Science: Space rock yields carbon bounty.
Auctions: Capcom to Auction One-Off Arcade Stick for Charity.
Media: Play Colbert Off, Keyboard Green Day.
Mario is SUPER PISSED. NSFW.
NHL Eliminates Sticks, Expands Goal Zone For More Touchdowns.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2009, 00:14 Kxmode

For the last two days I've spent more time reading online than at any other time that I can remember. Unfortunately using Internet in Safe Mode leaves me with limited entertainment choices. I need my gaming fix! Sigh

On a unrelated side note I wish I had 2M for that Ferris home. That's choice! Thumbsup

This comment was edited on May 28, 2009, 00:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 22:25 Kxmode

My laptop's video "card" fried on Monday. Dell promptly sending out a service tech to replace the part. I suspect it will be a full motherboard replacement given the GPU chip is mounted on the board.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 17:11 Nucas

it seemed to me like it would only happen when the page was trying to load particular ads. could be some peculiarity of opera, though, it's weird about having all objects loaded one at a time.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 15:43 Cutter

The net seems a little flaky today, but yeah, it took me about 10 mins before I could finally get through here, but the connection seesm ok for now.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 15:04 Masa

My ISP was pretty wobbly yesterday, I blamed it on that, but then it cleared up and Blues was still going out. What was even stranger was this page loaded fine every time on my phone  

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 11:55 Z9000

huh, i just thought the network at work was slow yesterday.

It's been having issues since last week. Fri and Sat was the most noticable for me.

PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 11:53 Z9000

Every time I ran in to this issue it was when I was posting on the consolidation threads. I would post a message (would work) then during a return to the thread, or a refresh, it would hang.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 11:39 strich

huh, i just thought the network at work was slow yesterday.  

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 11:37 Earthworm

Hrph, I was having problems with my Internet from my house yesterday, so when I had problems with Blue's I just automatically assumed it was still an issue with my Cable, Cause Blues Always works. Cheesy  

/*New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled, the humiliating question arises, ``Why then are you not taking part in them?'' -H.G. Wells*/

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 11:24 nin

Today seems better. Previously, the page would time out. Yesterday it would eventually load, but it seemed really slow when you first tried to hit the front page...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo