Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vendetta Online adds Dynamic Warfare

Vendetta Online announces the new version 1.8.72 patch adds "dynamic warfare" to the multiplatform space combat MMORPG, which they describe as "a new long-term battle and large-scale warfare mechanic designed to permit inter-faction wars to conquer geographical areas." Word is: "In this first-generation implementation, the Itani and Serco vie for weekly control of 177 sectors in the Deneb system. Several different battles may be running concurrently at any time, with a variety of different battle scales from epic fleet conflicts to small fighter-only engagements. This diversity of scale allows both varied gameplay styles and accessibility to players on older computing hardware."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Vendetta Online adds Dynamic Warfare May 23, 2009, 22:02 .Drifter

I tried it years ago, when it was in beta. Seemed like it might be interesting eventually, but at the time everything that involved anything outside of flying the ship was in a window where you had to type every command. it was almost like operating a bank teller machine, but without a touch screen or anywhere you could click a mouse to make the process faster. No idea how the game is currently though, but I did notice the game gives a free 8 hour trial.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Vendetta Online adds Dynamic Warfare May 23, 2009, 20:29 Rigs

What ever happened to Digital Anvil?

Long gone, I'm afraid. Didn't MS buy them or something? They were suppose to work on the second part to Freelancer (the 'MMO' part) but that was scrubbed shortly after the originals release. Speaking of which, there are tons and tons of mods for Freelancer that might help the hurt a little. Lancer's Reactor is where I would go. Don't know if they're still around. My attention is centered on X3:TC fully now...and probably for the forseeable long-term... Salute

EDIT - Is this Vendetta any better than Jumpgate? I remember wanting to try it out but never got around to it. Any players here wanna give a little sit-rep?

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on May 23, 2009, 20:34.

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

3. Re: Vendetta Online adds Dynamic Warfare May 23, 2009, 17:27 NateMan

this game sucks anyways  

2. Re: Vendetta Online adds Dynamic Warfare May 23, 2009, 15:49 Tranceport

What ever happened to Digital Anvil?, and hell yea to a freelancer 2  

1. Re: Vendetta Online adds Dynamic Warfare May 23, 2009, 15:32 Prez

It's a shame many of the good Space combat games are MMO's. A shame if you're not an MMO player, anyway. Freespace 3 or Freelancer 2 would be nice. Or another X-Wing or Tie Fighter.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo