Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale

Valve announces the Team Fortress 2 Spy/Sniper update is now automatically available via Steam, and the extended free-play weekend and a 50% -off sale for the teamplay shooter are now underway:

The TF2 Spy/Sniper Update is now available via Steam. To celebrate the launch and give players a chance to try the new content, Valve is hosting an extended TF2 Free Weekend. In addition, the game is being offered at 50% off its regular price on Steam. Both the sale and Free Weekend are on now. For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com.

View
61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

61. Re: TF2 Free Weekend May 23, 2009, 01:13 theyarecomingforyou

I'm assuming that was a well defined search rather than from digging up all Caveman's old posts... either way that deserves some respect. lol.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

60. Re: TF2 Free Weekend May 22, 2009, 23:46 Dades

You sir got owned.  

59. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 19:21 Caveman

Who the hell left all those stones in Caveman's glass house??? Is that what you get when you still live in the stoneage???

I did buy all those games eventually, sold Far Cry 2, Mass Effect, Gears of War. I didn't buy RE4, because it's an abysmal port, even with the mods, the graphics and lighting effects are still horrible compared to the Cube version.

Also, how the hell did you digs those up lol.

58. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 19:12 Kosumo

Yes, Verno may be that guy now, but that was you at the end of last year.

( Nov 15, 2008, 19:00 Here are some more games I've pirated, Far Cry 2, Mass Effect, Spore, Aquaria, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Resident Evil 4, Gears of War. Want me to go on? Loser.)

Who the hell left all those stones in Caveman's glass house??? Is that what you get when you still live in the stoneage???

57. Re: TF2 Free Weekend May 22, 2009, 18:56 Dades

That's like half of Bluesnews posters these days Caveman. For the record I think people should earn their unlocks legitimately but it's their game to play so whatever.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2009, 18:57.

56. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 18:01 Caveman

Isn't Verno that guy who brags about stealing everything?  

55. Re: TF2 Free Weekend May 22, 2009, 17:15 Zephalephelah

Okay Verno, I see your point about you not wall-hacking. I realize that you merely view this matter differently than I do.

Also, I really appreciate you not coming up with some retaliation about my beliefs. So I won't go any further with it and I've decided to also bend & not bash you for "exploiting" when all you want to do is get it out of the way. I understood before, but you kind of came across as bashing it over other people's heads a bit. Still, I will agree that as long as you aren't downloading hax it's not really a big deal.

54. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 16:20 Caveman

Unlock system is currently bugged.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/05/22/the-tf2-unlock-teacup-storm/

53. Re: TF2 Free Weekend May 22, 2009, 15:23 Verno

All your comments are trite and tiresome! No wonder people have stereotypes about gamers.

I guess that's rough for you buddy. Sorry for talking about the topic material!!! What an unreasonable jerk I am. Got anything to add other than a stupid personal troll?

Or, more likely, you're just not good enough to deal with other players that have the unlockables when you don't so you hax your way through them.

Ok if that makes you feel better. I don't really care about justifying it to you. I spent my money and want to play the full game without having spend enormous amounts of time doing so. Gaming isn't a job for me and I don't want to play TF2 for 3 years. I'm sorry you're so upset over what I do with my time but really, grow up and realize you don't get to dictate what everyone else does with theirs. If I was wallhacking the server then hey I could see that being annoying but we're talking about grinding achievement weapon unlocks here FFS.

I really don't understand why you or anyone else would want to rain on that hope

It was a joke because you made a ridiculous post about a prayer in a TF2 thread. If you want get all literal about it then go crazy but really I don't care what you do with your spare time.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2009, 15:29.

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

52. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 15:23 Zephalephelah

No, I just hack through the parts that are obvious life wasters.

Or, more likely, you're just not good enough to deal with other players that have the unlockables when you don't so you hax your way through them. I'm quite certain that should you find a way to get the new unlockables in some way that is cheating, that you'll do it in a second. At any rate, the entire game is a life-waster if you really think about it. Which I don't mind really, seeing how horrible people are to eachother in this life. At any rate, you can continue your feeble attempts to rationalize the fact that you use exploits all you want. The fact remains that you do.

As far as the prayer, it's so ubiquitous that it's no longer really a Christian prayer at all, but more like an internationally known quote of great wisdom. I'm sure you'll see it again in life.

Regarding hell, it's my belief that hell is an eternal fire, but that those thrown into it are burned for a period of time based on their sin. This would mean that really cruel people in history like Saloth Sar and Attila the Hun would burn for a longer time than say, your dad. There won't be any partying or "seeing anyone anywhere". Go to a burn ward sometime, they will tell you that during the fire they didn't care about anything at all except their pain. For me, hell is a place of purging. It's the penalty, the punishment, the 2nd death, for all the things you did in this life that were wrong.

Alternatively, heaven will be a place of wonder, not just singing Kumbaya My Lord next to some Cupid with a harp. But instead we can explore the entire universe travelling at the SPEED OF THOUGHT, inotherwords teleportation. Want to check out the Pillars of Creation that made the Hubble Space Telescope's repair work famous? Just think about being there and in an instant, you are. But best of all, you can see God and His Son and the angels and everyone that ever believed, like family members and friends. There will be no more pain, no hunger, no tears. And we will be eternal creatures like the angels, and all the evil in the universe will be removed once and for all, and we will live extremely interesting lives and never become bored even after 100 Billion Trillion years.

Why would you want to dump on such a hope of another human being, because clearly you know how terrible this world is and how horrible we are to eachother. You've listened to and enjoyed Nine Inch Nails, possibly because they reflect pain in your own life that you've felt. I know that's why I liked them and I still do. I'm not suddenly perfect because I'm a Christian, only my soul is made perfect. This body is still the same, and contains those same pains and heartaches as everyone else. The difference is that I have a hope that after my body starts to fall apart and I get diseases and disorders, my eyesight gets worse, and I can break my hip just from falling down, that there's still hope at the end of all the pain and suffering after growing old.

I really don't understand why you or anyone else would want to rain on that hope- Except, that it be the truth. My belief system cannot hurt you, does not impact you, and I generally try to live a cleaner, better life because of it. Oh, I know that not all "Christians" do this; but most do. So why would you attack it? I think that the mere fact that you do attack it gives it more validity.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2009, 15:27.

51. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 15:11 Kxmode

All your comments are trite and tiresome! No wonder people have stereotypes about gamers.  

50. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 13:48 Verno

So does mine. Except, I actually play the game, you just hax through parts you don't like.

No, I just hack through the parts that are obvious life wasters. Maybe you don't have anything better to do but grind each class until you earn everything but that's not what I purchased the game for. It's my money, I will do with it what I like. If Valve has a problem with it, they may ban me. They can pass judgement on me as it's their game, not yours chump.

Live the prayer of serenity and you'll enjoy life a whole lot more.
"God grant me the grace to accept the things I can't change, the strength to change what I can change, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Using this simple prayer has gotten me through many a time - God is dead and no one cares. If there is a hell then I'll see you there. So sayeth the poet Trent Reznor.

49. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 13:36 Zephalephelah

I don't care if you got a sense of achievement, my sense of achievement comes from playing the damned game.

So does mine. Except, I actually play the game, you just hax through parts you don't like.

People like you think they're some morally superior creature because they spent 20 hours grinding unlocks while I was happily enjoying everything the game had to offer. And note I'm referring to unlocks here, not all achievements. Some achievements are fun and genuinely enjoyable to obtain. Most unlocks are pure shit though and a lot of them screw up game balance.

I'm gonna play the game for 20 more hours anyway. I don't think it screws up game balance at all when someone is going after their achievements. If anything it adds even more of that human element that is missing from bots with our unpredictability. When someone is doing something that's just completely odd and such, the other team might be wondering what in the hell is going on; especially when its a good player doing it.

I'll grant you that for the first week that too many people are doing it, but it is a phase that quickly fades.

Exactly, I don't want to play nothing but a Pyro for the entire weekend to earn his unlocks or so on.

Then don't. LOL!!!

I play whatever I want whenever I want. Eventually I'll get the unlocks by achievements or by the new system. Why is it such a big deal? It's their game, it's their rules; either deal with it or move on to something else. Complaining just makes you look like a Rage Quitting QQ doll.

Live the prayer of serenity and you'll enjoy life a whole lot more.
"God grant me the grace to accept the things I can't change, the strength to change what I can change, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Using this in my life enables me to see changes like this to my favorite games and think about not liking it for a few moments, then to smile, shrug, and move on.

48. Re: TF2 Free Weekend May 22, 2009, 12:51 n0slet

Personally I like the new system, although I find it pretty retarded you can get copies of the same items you already have. I went into the game last night expecting to get to try at least 1 new item from their update, instead I got an axtinguisher and a blutslaugher after 5 hours of playing both of which I already had. They're trying to force you to play the game 24/7 just to see any new stuff they add in, and that's too much like Wow to me. If it detected you already had an item you just picked up, and it would automatically change it for you to an item you didn't have I would love the system. But their forums being 99% people saying they hate it says enough about what most think about this system. Between that and playing on about 10 servers over 5 hours last night I think I might have heard 1-2 people tops say they actually like getting doubles of items they already have lol. Valve usually is pretty good at listening to their community though so I'll be surprised if something isn't tweaked with that soon.  

47. Re: TF2 Free Weekend May 22, 2009, 12:23 Verno

Exactly, I don't want to play nothing but a Pyro for the entire weekend to earn his unlocks or so on. Sometimes I want to play a Pyro because the team balance calls for it, other times I just do it to mess around for 20 minutes. Either way, I don't want to "earn" weapons in the game, I get enough of that in other games already. Some weapons are a simple choice but others are exceedingly helpful and it can be pretty detrimental to not have access to them.  

46. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 12:17 Prez

Achievements motivate people to go out of their way to do stupid things and otherwise be useless to their team.

This is the thing I hate most about the achievements. I think it's a bad idea tying the unlockables to the achievements. I don't mind having achievements; they're kind of neat. And I don't mind having weapons added to give players more choices. But what really grinds my gears is that when an update is released, it counts things that you probably have already done a thousand times starting at zero. Chances are, if you've played the game for several hundred hours like I have, it should go without saying that if you haven't done it at all up until now, it's probably because it wasn't important to team success and thus not a priority.

I say keep the achievements, and keep giving more choices of loadouts, but don't tie them together.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

45. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 12:09 Verno

No, you cheat yourself. Ask just about anyone who has done it the right way, and they will tell you that they actually got a sense of accomplishment each and everytime they got an achievement.

Cheat yourself? Give me a break. Yeah I missed the wonderful experience of hours of grinding specifically doing certain things to get an unlock Rolleyes I don't care if you got a sense of achievement, my sense of achievement comes from playing the damned game.

I'm almost 100% willing to bet that you've used hacks in games too. People like you think you're having fun or beating a system, but the only person you're cheating is yourself.

Nope, I don't use hacks. Frankly I wouldn't even want to, I grew out of the whole "annoy other players for giggles" thing when I was 16. People like you think they're some morally superior creature because they spent 20 hours grinding unlocks while I was happily enjoying everything the game had to offer. And note I'm referring to unlocks here, not all achievements. Some achievements are fun and genuinely enjoyable to obtain. Most unlocks are pure shit though and a lot of them screw up game balance.

So take your gamer morality and stuff it. When you pay for my games, you can tell me how to play them.

44. Re: TF2 Free Weekend May 22, 2009, 11:45 theyarecomingforyou

No, you cheat yourself. Ask just about anyone who has done it the right way, and they will tell you that they actually got a sense of accomplishment each and everytime they got an achievement.
Not me... I grinded through the achievements in order to get the unlocks. Achievements are for the more obsessive people out there and I just can't be bothered with it myself, at least most of the time. Certainly I feel it was a mistake to tie unlocks to achievements, as that only contributed to non-team orientated play - players are free to do that anyway, that's what I like about the game, but the unlocks actually encouraged it.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

43. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 11:31 Zephalephelah

I always just cheat that shit.

I'm almost 100% willing to bet that you've used hacks in games too. People like you think you're having fun or beating a system, but the only person you're cheating is yourself.

42. Re: TF2 Update, Free Weekend, Sale May 22, 2009, 10:12 Overon

I got a cheap Sandman kill on Robin Walker tonight. Then he threw a jar of piss on me. He's a showoff, he had all the hats...
ROFL.

I like the action in this thread. Complainers and counter complainers complaining. Everyone has valid points from their point of view.

61 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo