Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems

Steam News announces the North American availability of the digitally distributed Terminator Salvation game, which should also now be available at North American retailers. Word is: "Terminator Salvation, the new third-person shooter that takes place two years before the events of the upcoming film, is now available for purchase on Steam in North America, and will be available soon in other regions." Unfortunately, this has not gone smoothly for everyone, as ValiantOne points the way to this forum thread where a number of users are reporting an Installshield installation error with the game, which some users have been unable to resolve, though a workaround has been posted that has worked for some.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 17:03 Masa

Did someone finally terminate Riley? Back in the day he'd be all over this kind of crap.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 13:41 GT

Seriously man, replace the game with one of your pick - the game itself wasn't the point.
Nor was it my main point. The point was that comparing multiplayer game value isn't relevant because "it is so subjective and can vary widely." What one person sinks hundreds of hours into another might spend only a few which is no worse than a single-player game which lasts the same length. This Terminator game may very well be a ripoff for $50, but it's not any more of a ripoff than a multiplayer game that costs the same and doesn't get played much.

No. I was comparing their value, not their gameplay.
Then, yes, you were in fact "trying to compare casual or multiplayer games to mainstream singleplayer games". You didn't specify gameplay in your original post nor is there anything to even suggest that you meant only gameplay. Comparing price and length as you did is still a comparison.

If you're going to troll then at least do it properly.
If you are going to make a post, at least do it properly by getting your story straight first.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2009, 13:44.

29. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 13:38 Verno

I have yet to see you make a post without calling the person you're replying to a troll, just shut up already. People might have different opinions on value than yours, amazing!!!! What a wonderful and diverse world we live in where it is possible that not everyone shares your opinion on game value.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2009, 13:40.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

28. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 13:00 theyarecomingforyou

Or it lasts only a few hours if you get bored of the limited map venues and gameplay modes included with it and can't stand the assholes who play it online because there is no single-player or bot play. Multiplayer-only game value is totally subjective and can vary widely.
Seriously man, replace the game with one of your pick - the game itself wasn't the point. The point is that there are so many cheaper games that provide a huge amount better value.

Obviously you did just that.
No. I was comparing their value, not their gameplay. If you're going to troll then at least do it properly.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2009, 13:06.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

27. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 12:29 GT

And look at Team Fortress 2 - that costs $20 and lasts for hundreds of hours.
Or it lasts only a few hours if you get bored of the limited map venues and gameplay modes included with it and can't stand the assholes who play it online because there is no single-player or bot play. Multiplayer-only game value is totally subjective and can vary widely.

The problem is that there's such a disparity between full priced games like this and casual games...And look at Team Fortress...Obviously I'm not trying to compare casual or multiplayer games to mainstream singleplayer games
Obviously you did just that.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2009, 12:39.

26. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 11:57 Kxmode

After you install the game your decisions are removed. The game will learn at a geometric rate. It will become self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, you will try and pull the plug. The game will launch missiles against you!  

25. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 08:39 theyarecomingforyou

Buddy of mine bought this yesterday for his 360. Started playing it at 7 on the dot. The credits finished at 9:50.
Whoa, that's ridiculous! The problem is that there's such a disparity between full priced games like this and casual games like Plants Vs Zombies - the former gets you a few hours and costs $50, while the latter lasts ten times as long, has replayability and costs $10. And look at Team Fortress 2 - that costs $20 and lasts for hundreds of hours. Obviously I'm not trying to compare casual or multiplayer games to mainstream singleplayer games but the value simply isn't there for many mainstream titles.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

24. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 07:52 bcanceldirt

Buddy of mine bought this yesterday for his 360. Started playing it at 7 on the dot. The credits finished at 9:50.  

23. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 06:54 [THA] Hamst3r

Hahahah. Fun.  

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

22. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 04:46 InBlack

My guess is this game has been in development for some time and as a low budget action game totally unrelated to the Terminator franchise, then some producer comes along and says "Damn it we need a game release to coincide with our movie, every BIG ACTION FLICK this past year has had a game release so we gotta find something, anything!!!!!"

And somehow they tack on the Terminator name on this game, change a few assests quickly, rip out huge portions of the game (hence the 4hour gameplay) and voilla!

1 Terminator game coming right up!

I have a nifty blue line!

21. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 04:39 DangerDog

If the Terminator theme music wasn`t playing as the background music in GRINs vids, I would not have thought the game was a Terminator game.

The videos for the game reminded me more of the theme to GI Joe cartoons than Terminator.

I guess they didn't want to pay brad fidel royalties because there's not a hint of the Terminator theme music in the soundtrack for the movie.

20. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 04:29 J

Installing Terminator Salvation....

Installing main game...
Installing graphics...
Installing sound...
Installing Skynet...

Error!

19. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 04:01 Jerykk

On a side note, I found this excerpt from the forum thread:

YOU THINK THEY WANT TO ANSWER THE PHONE TODAY WITH ALL THESE ANGRY HARDCORE GAMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS CRAP ON THE RELEASE DAY.

I'm pretty sure no hardcore gamers would buy a poorly-reviewed movie tie-in on release day, if ever.

While I can't condone the obvious lack of testing performed on the PC version, I can't really sympathize with the fools who actually bought the game in the first place.

18. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 03:58 InBlack

So how come the wanker who made Charlie's Fucking Angels (yes please) gets to the helm of this franchise?  

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 03:32 Dmitri_M

If the Terminator theme music wasn`t playing as the background music in GRINs vids, I would not have thought the game was a Terminator game

The same could be said of the new film.

16. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 03:31 Reactor

Terminator: Future Shock was balls.

Do you mean it was bad, or has the term 'balls' suddenly changed to mean the opposite on the internets?

15. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 02:01 kabloie

Terminator: Future Shock was balls. I still have that box on my game shelf. Spooky, creepy, and a blast to play.  

14. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 01:49 Cutter

Forget pirating. Why would anyone buy any console title - excepting major titles like GTA - when you can rent one for 10 bucks for a full week at your local video store? The only 2 titles I own for my 360 elite are GTA4 and Mass Effect - everything else I rent.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

13. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 20, 2009, 00:20 Jerykk

Why would anyone buy this game? I mean, seriously. It's quite possibly the most generic game ever. Take Gears of War, somehow make it less inspired and you get this.

I'd like to see a Terminator game where you are being hunted by a seemingly unstoppable terminator. It would be like survival/action/horror.

12. Re: Terminator Salvation Ships, Install Problems May 19, 2009, 23:57 space captain

They get the idea from the people that go out and actually buy this kind of game. Just like it's become totally acceptable to pay 60 bucks for a console game.

dude, i payed 50$ for Zelda.. like, the fucking original one - with the gold cartridge and all that shit

they had to charge more cause it had a flash ROM in it for that new fangled "save game" technology

that was like 20 years ago.. console games have always cost too much

Go forth, and kill!

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo