Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed

This press release announces plans for two new DLC releases for Fallout 3, Bethesda Softworks' action/RPG sequel. The announcement confirms previous indications that one of the packs will be Point Look, which will be released for PC and Xbox 360 late next month, while the other one is titled Mothership Zeta, planned for release in late July for PC and Xbox 360. Both will also come to the PS3 at a later date, as the announcement also includes news that the first three DLC packs are also heading to the PlayStation 3, as well as word on plans for all the DLC to eventually be released on discs at retail. Here's the deal:

19th May, 2009 - Bethesda Softworks Europe is today pleased to announce that Fallout® 3 downloadable content (DLC) is coming to PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. We have been working on implementing it for a while and look forward to bringing it to PS3 gamers via the PlayStation Network. Operation: Anchorage will be released for PS3 in late June, followed by the release of The Pitt and Broken Steel 4-6 weeks apart. Release dates will be forthcoming.

In addition, a new update will be released for PS3 that will allow users to download and play the new DLC. The release date for that update will be announced at a later date.

There are also two new DLCs planned for all three platforms:

• Point Lookout – Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.

• Mothership Zeta – The aliens have returned, and they’re pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you’re tough enough to survive.

Point Lookout will be available in late June for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 Microsoft Points. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live. Point Lookout will be available on PS3 after the first three DLCs have been released.

Mothership Zeta is scheduled for release in late July for Xbox 360 and PC. Cost will be 800 Microsoft Points. It will be available through Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live. Mothership Zeta will be available on PS3 after Point Lookout.

Finally, new Fallout 3 products will be available at retail this year.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on June 12th across Europe.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes Broken Steel and Point Lookout on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August across Europe.

A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for £39.99 / €59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and £29.99 / €49.99 for PC.

Retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 will not be available and the DLC will only be available for download via PlayStation Network or with the Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition .

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 23, 2009, 14:46 Masa

You were playing the game on a lower difficulty then.

Using VATS, there's not much reason you shouldn't come out of almost every battle with enemies equivalent to or less than the level of your player-character. Of course, there are exceptions. Deathclaws on "very hard" tended to piss me off...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 22, 2009, 14:04 Verno

You were playing the game on a lower difficulty then.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

34. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 22:55 Jerykk

Also for some reason I was having a harder time killing the same npc's as I leveled, I didn't want to have it end up like oblivion, where it would take me 30 minutes to kill a few goblins after using every potion I had.

Really? My experience was the exact opposite. Combat Shotgun + Sneak Attack + Head = Dead. The game is far too easy, mainly because Bethesda can't balance worth crap.

Anyway, it's good to see that Bethesda is finally supporting the PS3 version of FO3. Although I don't have a PS3 and don't really care about it, I do believe that DLC for multiplatform games should be released on ALL the platforms. I'm still annoyed that the TR:U and PoP DLC weren't released for the PC. Lame, lame, lame.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2009, 02:56.

33. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 22:46 Silicon Avatar

I kind of like the frequent DLC. I wish the .exe patches were quicker though.

I'm not impressed with Microsoft's carnival money scheme. I hope Bethesda uses Steam next time - or just goes back to selling the DLC off their website.

I'll probably be picking up Zeta and Point Lookout.

32. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 20:49 Surf

The Aliens/UFO DLC sounds cool! I wanted to see what their intent and involvement is in the world of Fallout.  

31. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 20:49 Dades

Broken Steel is the "meatiest" DLC so far and well worth the money. I didn't care for Operation Anchorage but I did enjoy The Pitt. In terms of bugs, I haven't encountered any in 1.5 except for the mod related NPC placement issue. I too hate the Microsoft Points thing though.  

30. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 18:44 Asmodai

The thing that really shits me is that the 1.5 patch + the last DLC added a horde of bugs to the game. It destabilised mods, causes what appears to be a pretty serious memory leak and randomly crashes have greatly increased, not to mention the initial GfWL downloader crashing debacle.

I love the idea of DLC and from what I've seen of it so far, it's a welcome addition. But you'd think they could, I dunno "mod" the game without adding gamebreaking bugs that were ironed out in earlier patches...

29. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 16:48 Pyloff

So they rebounded fully from the horse armor debacle?

I don't think I trust them to release a meaty DLC, however I wasn't into the game that much. It felt like I was playing oblivion re-skinned. After the 4th mission that had me going into a basement/cave/subway I got kind of burnt out.

Also for some reason I was having a harder time killing the same npc's as I leveled, I didn't want to have it end up like oblivion, where it would take me 30 minutes to kill a few goblins after using every potion I had.

I should admit I did spend an hour or so trying different ways to kill everyone in megaton that was the most fun I had.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2009, 17:02.

28. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 16:46 Cutter

I refuse to buy the DLC's off of Gay for Windows Live. I might consider it if MS would drop that stupid point BS and just charge for the product. Still, I'll wait for a compilation of these for a cheaper price. And speaking of which, any plans for a full on add-on?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

27. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 15:48 Z9000

Waiting for PS3 GotY edition with all these included.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

26. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 14:55 Fion

I own the game on Steam. I was mildly disappointed with the game. The story is 'eh' but better than Oblivion. The combat is.. well, pretty boring until you get some of the cooler items. I haven't beat the game though, I simply grew bored.

Is any of the DLC packs out yet? And do they add anything to the game beyond 2 hours of new content for $20 each?

25. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 14:15 Techie714 ©

Retail versions of the game add-on packs for PS3 will not be available and the DLC will only be available for download via PlayStation Network or with the Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition

I'll be getting the GOTY edition on PC when it comes out hopefully in October.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

24. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 14:01 Creston

I think it took me like 4 hours to find Les Enfants Plaza, that's just ridiculous.

I think in actual Washington DC that takes two days, so you found it pretty quick!

The subways become a lot more fun with MMM's "zombie horde" plugin.

Hey, something's moving there. It's a ghoul. Oh wait, it's two... oh wait, it's... sixteen... mommy.

Especially now that they can rise again if you don't blow their heads off. I love MMM.

Creston

This comment was edited on May 19, 2009, 14:02.

23. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 13:51 Verno

The thing with the subways only really bothered me because where you could end up in a completely different spot on the map than the direction you exited at. Their little subway map was useless too. I think it took me like 4 hours to find Les Enfants Plaza, that's just ridiculous.  

22. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 13:38 Wowbagger_TIP

I need to fire this game up again with some mods I think. I got bored about halfway through due to the repetitiveness of it. I, too, hate the damn subways. I was so sick of trudging through the same subways to get anywhere. It is just a horrible design decision. I see this game having many of the same problems that Oblivion did when it was released. It took a couple years worth of mods to really make that game shine. I suspect the same will be true for FO3. Oblivion still seems a lot bigger, and with the right mods, you could spend months exploring everything. Not sure if FO3 will ever be able to match it in content.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

21. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 13:06 Verno

People want to extend their experience with good titles, the market will keep supporting them for as long as they're deemed worthy of their price tag. Operation Anchorage is the only one I would say is pretty questionable, the rest are a no-brainer. If you have explored every single nook, cranny and unmarked area on the map then I'd say you're done with the game. It couldn't go on forever, sorry man.  

20. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 13:03 Ray Marden

That was my issue with the game. It is probably the last, most recent game that I truly enjoyed playing, but...I feel like I have played every part of it. I hit the level cap extremely early into the game (I only had about 30% of the map uncovered) and I took the perk to show all areas on the map.

Even with that, I went through and explored some 80%+ of all the areas, but my interest definitely kept waning the further I went. On top of everything being redundant thanks to the crap level cap, the game just does not have anything new to offer me.

I realize the cap was tweaked, but that was definitely a case of too little too late. Now? Spending $10 for some small dungeon or area - which will be very similar to all the previous places I explored - just does not seem justified. It is more than horse armor , but I do wonder what it says about the market when so many will keep paying for so little.
How about paying full price for a deep game?
Not delving into the "god character" issue,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

19. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 13:01 Verno

Yes Creston, they are never ever coming to the US. US based Bethesda decided to make exclusive European DLC from now on.

From the article:

Finally, new Fallout 3 products will be available at retail this year.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #1 includes The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on June 12th across Europe.

Fallout 3 Game Add-on Pack #2 includes Broken Steel and Point Lookout on a disc and will be available for Xbox 360 and PC in August across Europe.

A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for £39.99 / €59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and £29.99 / €49.99 for PC.

European dates are typically behind their US counterparts, like in this article if you look at the release dates mentioned then the Euro release dates below that.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2009, 13:04.

18. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 13:01 Creston

Meh, I didn't even finish the core game. I was enjoying it immensely but toward the ending the game got repetitive. I felt like I was killing the same enemies over and over, and I stopped playing at that point.

You need Mart's Mutant Mod. RC2 was released yesterday.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=992440

Creston

17. Re: New Fallout 3 DLC Confirmed May 19, 2009, 12:59 Creston

I like the idea of Mothership Zeta. It's just a little over-the-top fun, no need to take it so seriously.

When they're saying these Add-On packs will be available in Europe, does that mean they won't come to the US? Confusing.

I'll wait with BS and PL until it's in retail. Fuck Microsoft and their fucking carnival money.

Creston

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo