Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Modern Warfare 2 Details

Gossip Gamers has some details picked out of the Modern Warfare 2 cover story on Infinity Ward's military shooter sequel in the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine and another story in UK-based PSM Magazine. Word is there will be no co-op support in story mode, but there are separate multiplayer missions with co-op, the game will run at 60 FPS with more detail than CoD4, stealth and swimming are included, there will be vehicles and a helicopter-based level, and more.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 19:44 DangerDog

The best vehicle from CoD4 had to be the C130 mission, I can't imagine having real vehicles in the game that you can drive, the engine just isn't cut out for large open spaces.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 16:29 PHJF

The enemy spawning wasn't so bad, it was the grenades.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 15:39 Fang

Yeah, but memorizing enemy locations and killing them from a distance before moving on also makes for a poor game experience.

I realize that you are not advocating the old method, but I'm just pointing out that it's an improvement on how things used to be.

But here's to the continued advancement of immersive gameplay.

6. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 13:20 theyarecomingforyou

i kind of liked the enemy respawns, honestly. it added a frenetic nature to combat since it deterred holing up in a single location to deplete enemies and encouraged always advancing past obvious respawn locations.
I dunno, it just seems really 'cheap' to me. Same with having to wait for scripted sequences, like the opening of doors. I prefer game mechanics to be masked rather than so exposed, otherwise it reduces the immersion.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 11:56 Nucas

i kind of liked the enemy respawns, honestly. it added a frenetic nature to combat since it deterred holing up in a single location to deplete enemies and encouraged always advancing past obvious respawn locations. kept the action level high. they'll have to spiff up the ai to compensate.

no co-op isn't really a surprise to me, i'd have been more surprised if they put it in. the world does need more co-op shooters, though.

4. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 11:49 Darks

Hmm, The Campaign Coop is what I was most looking forward to and hoping for. At least they did put Coop missions in the place.

I just hope there are a lot of mission and not only 4 or 5 short missions.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2009, 11:51.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

3. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 10:38 Elessar

I'm particularly excited that they're addressing enemy respawns (i.e. the clown car effect) and opening up the gameplay from the typical linear approach. I always buy CODs for online play, but it looks like I'll be giving the campaign a look this time around.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2009, 10:38.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

2. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 10:10 nin

Sounds awesome...yea for stealth missions!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 10:01 Techie714

Sounds pretty good so far. Although I would take ARMA II any day over COD but I'm not like the sheeply masses.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo