Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty 7 In Production

It looks like the seventh Call of Duty game is currently in production, according to the LinkedIn profile of David Kim, where the Treyarch Studios senior animator lists the following: "I am currently on my second title as a senior animator in the games industry with Activision / Treyarch on Call Of Duty 7." Thanks superannuation.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: oops? May 16, 2009, 07:46 Beaner

I agree with you man these scripted corridor games suck. Give me some tactics & freedom to plan!!

As do I. That is why I'll play Tribes forever. That game is still so ahead of its time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 14, 2009, 04:30 Nucas

i just realized the curse of odd iterations sucking transferred from star trek to call of duty.  

47. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 14, 2009, 01:25 StingingVelvet

I like all the people saying "wow, stop making these already."

Your voices really drown out the millions of people who buy and enjoy the games, let me tell you.

46. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 14, 2009, 00:04 Dades

Well it's a WW2 game revolving mainly around the Allies efforts(which included Russia at that time) so I was expecting it to be Hollywood-ized. I didn't really care for the singleplayer, I played the MP for about 3 weeks but ultimately I'm just not a big FPS gamer these days. I prefer mine slow and methodical, RPG aspects and so on. I agree with the other posters though, the MP is obviously where the game shines. There are something ridiculous like 8 different game modes, no matchmaking BS, 2 map packs and some outstanding level design. My main bitch was the unlocks but that was a simple 2 minute process to solve online thanks to Google.  

45. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 14, 2009, 00:02 Dades

Well it's a WW2 revolving mainly around the Allies efforts(which included Russia at that time) so I was expecting it to be hollywoodized. I didn't really care for the singleplayer, I played the MP for about 3 weeks but ultimately I'm just not a big FPS gamer these days. I prefer mine slow and methodical. I agree with the other posters though, the MP is obviously where the game shines. There are something ridiculous like 8 different game modes, no matchmaking BS, 2 map packs and some outstanding level design.  

44. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 22:42 Dr. D. Schreber

The problem with WaW's single-player is how utterly overboard Treyarch went with the Darker and Grittier feel to get the player feeling horror about World War II. The only thing they did right was destructible limbs; this should've been in Modern Warfare, and should be in Modern Warfare 2. Armed conflict today is just as violent and gore-tastic as it was back then, and Modern Warfare is bizarrely sanitary about it.

Other then that, it was just way too much. Practically every mission has a bit where the player is knocked down with your vision going into blur-0-matic mode until a supporting character picks you up and tells you which way to run amidst all the chaos carefully scripted to give you a specific window out. The cutscenes were ridiculously overdone, with so much visual, auditory and overall cinematic trickery used to get across the point that War Is Hell they became laughable instead of cause for thought. I'm all for ditching the John Wayne-era of war in fiction and never looking back, but you can't make style or an engrossing depiction of a war just by throwing more blood and more angst on it every minute. Sergeant Jackson's death in Modern Warfare is easily ten times as hard-hitting as Polonski or Roebuck dying in WaW, and it's not just because Jackson is the player.

Using Imram Zakheav's model for Sergeant Reznov was a nice touch, at least.

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

43. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 20:56 ColoradoHoudini

I really, really enjoy the MP aspect of WaW.. good damn fun.

42. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 19:25 PHJF

I liked COD 1,2, and 4. I am looking forward to Modern Warfare 2 (COD6).

I thought COD5 SP sucked and MP was average. I still play CoD4 MP though.

Second.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

41. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 18:42 Shataan

Is this 1 a Nam COD??? ;p  

40. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 17:22 Dades

Does anyone else want Call of Duty to just go away already?

No, I don't love them but someone else liking them doesn't bother me. They are generally well made and fun, just not really my type of game. You seem pretty upset about a series you supposedly don't even care about.

39. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 16:37 dagger

No, only games that interest me, and barbie is not one of them.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2009, 16:37.

38. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 16:24 Elessar

Caveman - Does anyone else want Call of Duty to just go away already?
Absolutely not. I hope for many more to come as they continue to develop and progress the franchise.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

37. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 16:16 Verno

What do you care Verno, you will just pirate everything you rebellious console gamer.

Way to defeat me with your amazing logic, your name is aptly chosen.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

36. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 15:33 space captain

I give every game a chance

like this one?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10190918&sourceid=1500000000000003142040&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10190918

or just any CoD game? i grow weary of CoD

not interested

Go forth, and kill!

35. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 15:12 dagger

I liked COD 1,2, and 4. I am looking forward to Modern Warfare 2 (COD6).

I thought COD5 SP sucked and MP was average. I still play CoD4 MP though. I give every game a chance and I will play COD7 as well. I will probably end up waiting for a sale on Steam, but it depends on what is out at the time.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2009, 16:36.

34. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 14:49 space captain

yep

Go forth, and kill!

33. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 14:39 Caveman

What do you care Verno, you will just pirate everything you rebellious console gamer.  

32. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 14:31 Flatline

There are two companies working on Call of Duty games, Infinity Ward is making Modern Warfare 2, which would be CoD6, and now there's CoD7 from Treyarch.

To be more precise, it appears that Infinity Ward has dropped the Call of Duty name and is sticking straight with "Modern Warfare 2".

And as an aside, Treyarch said in an interview a month or three back that even they felt like World War 2 could be put to bed safely. The Bluesnews thread included discussions over Korea, Vietnam, and World War 1.

31. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 14:26 Verno

The millions of people continually purchasing the franchise don't. How hard is it to ignore a product you don't like? Did someone force to play the game at gunpoint you insipid little slug?  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

30. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 13, 2009, 14:24 Caveman

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo