Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Demigod Demo Plans

Breakthru on Skinning the frog offers a status report on Demigod by Brad Wardell, who declares victory in the war over multiplayer connectivity issues. He goes into great detail about this, and concludes by promising anyone who bought Demigod at retail or via digital distribution before May 10th (and didn't return it) a coupon that will let them purchase a second copy of Demigod for 50% off. He also outlines plans for a demo, asking the community how best to limit the game while still allowing gameplay with registered users:

We will be working with GPG on the demo but I was thinking of proposing that the demo for Demigod be multiplayer ONLY. Moreover, I would like the demo players to be able to play online with legitimate players. Here's where we need your help: What do you think would be a good way to limit this demo then in order to get people to still buy the game?

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 5, 2009, 10:18 Verno

I want to see what the single-player game is all about and how that plays. So, skip the MP demo thanks.

There is no real singleplayer mode. If you were hedging a purchase based off this then let me save you some money, you will be disappointed. You buy this game for multiplayer or not at all, it's essentially an MP only game as the bot AI is terrible.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: No subject May 5, 2009, 10:03 Bucky

It's the multiplayer game with bots. That's all.

This is actually worse than it sounds, as with bots strategy doesn't really evolve. In the early days people were copying the AI strategy and trying to teleport out of a battle that was going badly--great in theory, except that a number of DGs have an interrupt that is far quicker than the 3 second teleport cast time. You don't see teleports being used in that manner anymore, the Wand of Speed has sort of taken over the "Oh shit, run away" role.

10. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 5, 2009, 06:31 theyarecomingforyou

I'm building a new system now though, but it's going to be running the Win7 RC, so I don't expect the game to run on that either. The thing has issues.
I'm using Win7 now and all my games run great. I've been using it since late last year and I forget I'm even running it now.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9. Re: No subject May 5, 2009, 05:57 JaguarUSF

I want to see what the single-player game is all about

It's the multiplayer game with bots. That's all.

8. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 5, 2009, 03:55 Cutter

I want to see what the single-player game is all about and how that plays. So, skip the MP demo thanks.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 5, 2009, 02:57 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm still pissed that the game wouldn't even launch for me. Bought it the day it came out and waited for them to fix the problems, but ended up getting a refund a few days ago instead because they couldn't seem to fix it. I'm glad that they were at least good about the refund and did it with no hassle, which is more than most publishers would do. Still sucks that the damn thing wouldn't work. Looks fun.

I'm building a new system now though, but it's going to be running the Win7 RC, so I don't expect the game to run on that either. The thing has issues.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 5, 2009, 02:48 Frosty

Haven't most of us already demo'd it?!

I did, and politely uninstalled after one game:)

5. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 5, 2009, 02:10 Caveman

Isn't this game multiplayer only?  

4. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 4, 2009, 23:41 Creston

Nothing wrong with making the demo multiplayer only, I guess, but I really need to see a demo that I can run on my laptop just to make sure that the game will RUN on my laptop.

This'd be the perfect game to while away boring hours at work, but I'm not spending 40 bucks only to find out it runs at 0.002fps.

Creston

3. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 4, 2009, 22:08 Prez

Nice. If I like the demo, I'll buy 2 copies immediately.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 4, 2009, 21:49 mixma242

I am still playing the heck out of this thing. With all the man-hours I have played this game I could probably have built my own Honda. ;p  

1. Re: Demigod Demo Plans May 4, 2009, 21:43 Z9000

LOL ah damn, I just bought a 2nd for my kids since they liked it and they wouldn't have to use my system.  
PS3 resurgance by GOW3 - Check! Mass Effect for PS3 - Check! Diablo 3 for consoles? I say "For sure"!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo