Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Peter Molyneux Interview

Peter Molyneux: The Essence of Interaction on Gamasutra is an interview with the Lionhead designer that took place back at GDC. The conversation is pretty general, rather than focused on any particular game, but that does not quell Peter's trademark enthusiasm/hyperbole, as he says Lionhead is "doing some pretty astounding stuff." He also says as much as he can about the project codenamed Dmitri without actually saying anything concrete, discusses Fable and Fable II in a bit more detail, and discusses various aspects of game design from his expert perspective.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 4, 2009, 08:30 dryden555

The art and sound design of Fable 2 was utterly impressive for the hardware limitations of a console. Real time lighting on everything and the varied maps and levels are a joy to look at. As a game it has loads of problems, but it also had a UK sense of humor that kept me playing and kept me amused. It was fun enough at $29.99.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 3, 2009, 18:24 The Half Elf

I still think Fable 2 is his best game to date. Granted it's pretty much everything Fable 1 was suppose to be, but was rather surprised it had no GOTY nominations/wins.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 3, 2009, 13:04 Fuzzmatang

Same with Dungeon Keeper and Syndicate (logo of the week!).  

9. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 3, 2009, 12:54 Creston

Many, including myself, wonder if he has ever made a great game.

Populous was pretty damn awesome.

Creston

8. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 3, 2009, 11:01 Marvin T. Martian

He's no longer relevent,, but he sure is full of himself. When was the last time he made a great game. Many, including myself, wonder if he has ever made a great game.  

7. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 3, 2009, 01:12 Cutter

I love the fact that he now actually has public PR handlers when he's at live events to keep him from flying off the handle with his hyperbole and grandiose claims. You knew it was only a matter of time before class-action suits were going to be directed at him/Lionhead for failing to deliver.

Enthusiasm is a wonderful thing, but it has to be grounded in reality. Even the most verbose claims of any company are still grounded in vague-marketing speak to avoid any such pitfalls.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

6. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 2, 2009, 22:05 Elf Shot The Food

Gotta admire his enthusiasm, if nothing else.

He should revive that caveman game Lionhead was working on.

5. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 2, 2009, 20:54 Kxmode

Dmitri. A codename for Peter's next game in which you play Peter himself as he travels from planet to planet playing God with the natives like some sort of sick avatar of power.  

4. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 2, 2009, 18:59 Nucas

HEY GUYS, IT'S ME, DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME I'M STILL IMPORTANT RIGHT GUYS  

3. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 2, 2009, 18:32 Starang

Has he made anything that didn't suck after 1997 ? Haven't played Fable 2 but the first one was a piece of shit.  

2. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 2, 2009, 17:57 Sandre

Major spoiler in that interview, for anyone that hasn't played Fable II.  
http://sandre.carbonmade.com/

1. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 2, 2009, 17:23 Prez

There really needs to be a Molyneux translater for these interviews. I have yet to see him come through on one of these grandiose promises.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo