Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended

Valve announces the Left 4 Dead Freaky Free Friday is held over until tomorrow at 5:00 pm GMT (Noon EDT). They also provide a reminder that Left 4 Dead remains on sale through the end of the weekend for 40% off.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 3, 2009, 06:22 Dmitri_M

xXBatmanXx:
Love it. Can dish it out - can't take it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 3, 2009, 05:18 xXBatmanXx

Love it.
Can dish it out - can't take it.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

30. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 21:44 Prez

He said:

You fucking tool - you are just justifying your POS purchase - what a dumb fuck.

Hope I helped.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 15:17 Twenty

** Grease Monkey has saved you from the pointless ramblings of xXBatmanXx **

Say what?

28. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 13:55 xXBatmanXx

At this point it's pretty obvious TF2 is better than L4D in every aspect so their really isn't anything to debate as far as that's concerned. L4D is $50 most of the time, and it sucks. Meanwhile, THE ENTIRE FUCKING ORANGE BOX was just $10 recently and is regularly $29. Gee, I wonder what the better deal is?

You fucking tool - you are just justifying your POS purchase - what a dumb fuck.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

27. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 13:15 StingingVelvet

The recent DLC was massively underwhelming.

Really? Because survivor mode pretty much made the game for me... my best friend and I play it almost every night.

26. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 13:07 theyarecomingforyou

games a bargain, cheap price and great gameplay that just doesn't get old.
It was great for the first few weeks or so but then my interest waned. I suppose it's the way you have to be willing to play for a certain amount of time without interruption, rather than TF2 where you can come and go as you please. That and it becomes very predictable, whereas TF2 varies depending on who you're playing against.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

25. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 11:19 Twenty

great gameplay that just doesn't get old.

lol...what fucking game are you playing?

24. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 11:11 DG

games a bargain, cheap price and great gameplay that just doesn't get old.  

23. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 09:57 Twenty

Thank goodness this didn't turn into another L4D vs TF2 thread.... Rolleyes

At this point it's pretty obvious TF2 is better than L4D in every aspect so their really isn't anything to debate as far as that's concerned. L4D is $50 most of the time, and it sucks. Meanwhile, THE ENTIRE FUCKING ORANGE BOX was just $10 recently and is regularly $29. Gee, I wonder what the better deal is?

Considering that ANY GAME in The Orange Box has more replayability on it's own than L4D does, you'd have to be a real tool to think L4D is a better deal. L4D is good for about 5 hours then it gets boring because the fucking game has no depth whatsoever.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2009, 10:04.

22. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 09:47 Twenty

Why do you bother?

STFU and go back to whatever it is you do under your bridge.

lol.

21. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 09:46 Twenty

Thank goodness this didn't turn into another L4D vs TF2 thread....

Yeah, because that would be devastating on a global level. Or maybe not...

20. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 09:32 RCH

Thank goodness this didn't turn into another L4D vs TF2 thread.... Rolleyes  

Comedy is Tragedy + Time.

19. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 09:08 Prez

I would probably feel slighted if I paid $50 for it - but then only die hard valve fans pre-ordered it for full retail I imagine, and they no doubt love the game.

I have to admit, I am feeling a bit slighted. Not for paying $50 at launch, but because of the dearth of any meaningful updates since release thus far. I really expected better from Valve. The recent DLC was massively underwhelming.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 09:01 Twenty

This twenty guy is entertaining. So over the top. How can anybody take him seriously?

This kid can take it however he wants. The fact is, I'm right. People need to justify to themselves whenever they do something stupid, like buy a POS game for $50 when it's worth at best $20. You people can keep telling yourselves this game gets great (read: TF2 level) support and maybe someday it will be true. The first step on the path to recovery is admitting you were a dumbass for falling for the game's hype in the first place.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2009, 09:56.

17. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 08:21 haki

This twenty guy is entertaining. So over the top. How can anybody take him seriously?  

16. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 07:49 StingingVelvet

The gunplay could use and update, having to stand still and wait for your crosshairs to settle before you gain accuracy feels out dated, would have rather seen implementation of gun sights and using crouch to obtain accuracy bonus.

Crouching does enhance your accuracy, at least with the pistol and assault rifle. Your aim snaps to accurate as soon as you stop moving too, there is no waiting involved.

Also, games changing accuracy based on your movement and stance isn't outdated, as games before never took those things into account. It's more "outdated" to never factor those things in at all.

15. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 07:48 Ariel Sharon

Because Blue lets him. Nothing is verboten at blues. Except talking about Israel.

So if you want to get rid of a someone, you have to trick them into saying something about Israel.

The minute you trick the guy into saying "Israel..." plus anything else, Blue will be here in minutes to remove the guy and his posts.

So trick twenty into saying...."The USA dropped spy charges against two Israeli spies yesterday"

You will see smoke coming from your computer screen as Blue flies over here to delete the post.

14. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 04:53 xXBatmanXx

Of course people find the game fun. It's the only way they can justify in their own minds what a stupid fuck they were for buying it in the first place.

Why do you bother?

STFU and go back to whatever it is you do under your bridge.

13. Re: Left 4 Dead Free Play Extended May 2, 2009, 04:10 DangerDog

Plays pretty much just like I expected it too, I would probably feel slighted if I paid $50 for it - but then only die hard valve fans pre-ordered it for full retail I imagine, and they no doubt love the game.

Despite valves best efforts at bolting on new tech to the source engine it is showing its age, again I doubt they feel any pressure to bring things up to par with say CryEngine standards because their fan base is mostly playing on older hardware.

The gunplay could use and update, having to stand still and wait for your crosshairs to settle before you gain accuracy feels out dated, would have rather seen implementation of gun sights and using crouch to obtain accuracy bonus.

It'll be interesting to see Tripwires take on co-op zombie shooters with Killing Floor.

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo