Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 3 Patches

The Fallout Downloads Page now offers a new patch for Fallout 3 to update Bethesda Softworks' action/RPG sequel to version 1.5. The patch is also automatically available via Games for Windows LIVE, and the corresponding patch for the Xbox 360 edition can be applied automatically through Xbox LIVE. Here are the patch notes that describe the update:

New Features

New achievements for Broken Steel

Bug Fixes

Fixed issue with VATS calculations not appearing properly for perks (PC)

Fixed crash related to altered references between master files

LOD objects render properly when loaded from DLC worldspaces

Fixed issue with companion NPCs not loading into cells immediately after player

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Apr 30, 2009, 21:59 Twenty

Thanks guys for the clarification. It's still a pretty big bug IMO. =)

Yeah, because this game is *not* STUPIDLY EASY on the hardest difficulty level even with this broken, right? Oh, wait...

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2009, 21:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 30, 2009, 12:10 Jerykk

@Jerykk, you're wrong. Do you have any idea how many bugs exist in the 360 version which do not exist in the PC version?

I don't see why quest-related bugs would be platform-specific. Those are scripting issues and the scripting is exactly the same between platforms. Crashes, freezes, hangs, etc, are usually platform-specific but anything based on assets should be the same.

In any case, I'm not wrong about 360 being the lead SKU for FO3. Bethesda themselves confirmed it:

http://www.vg247.com/2008/04/17/fallout-3-%E2%80%9C360-is-our-lead-dev-platform%E2%80%9D-says-bethesda/

24. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 30, 2009, 12:01 Flatline

And why in the world would anyone want to put level scaling back in FO3?!?! That was some of the most stupid shit ever put into an RPG.

It *could* work. In tabletop, Spycraft 2 uses, for minor NPCs, a scaling system based on party abilities.

That being said, the scale was "how easy is it for the specific PCs to overcome this NPC", and not "hey, you're level 9, let's give this wolf 100 extra HP and double his damage output".

The way you do it I think is a "lag behind" scale. Meaning you can become "more powerful" than any average NPC in the game given time, but after you pass a certain point of power the npc will catch up and lag behind the PC.

Example: Enclave soldiers should be a good fight. Once you pass their energy weapons skill, they will will scale to always have no less than 75% of your energy weapons skill, ensuring that they can still hit you.

The average merc, on the other hand, might be allowed to have 50% of your small guns skill or whatever.

However, some things, like the wildlife, should never scale. I watched my friend in Oblivion, high level archer, get his ass kicked by a wolf because it had leveled with him and took like 30 arrows to kill. Totally unrealistic.

23. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 30, 2009, 09:21 Verno

@Jerykk, you're wrong. Do you have any idea how many bugs exist in the 360 version which do not exist in the PC version? Go look at the Fallout3 Wikia sometime, type pretty much any quest name in there and its pretty much guaranteed to have a note about problems with the 360 version.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

22. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 22:48 Prez

Mart's Mutant Mod - Thanks for the suggestion; got to try it out.

And why in the world would anyone want to put level scaling back in FO3?!?! That was some of the most stupid shit ever put into an RPG.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 21:17 MacD

He didn't say that: he implied (correctly) that the last pc geared game Bethesda realy made was Morrowind.  

20. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Apr 29, 2009, 19:30 jimnms

It's getting hard to put off playing this game. I want to finish FO1 and FO2 first. I'm still playing FO1. I love it, but I just haven't had the time to play it much lately.

I don't think FO3 has any tie-ins or will reveal spoilers if I don't play the first two first, but I still want to play them in order. One thing that helped the urge was the announcement of the DLC being released on disk. Maybe by the time I finish FO1 and FO2, all three of the DLC content will be bundled on one disk.

MeanJim on Steam

19. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 19:16 Jerykk

If you weren't satisfied with either of these games then you might as well sell your PC, nothing coming out will ever satisfy you.

Why is it that you always respond like I just insulted your mother? You meet even the most innocuous of statements with righteous indignation.

I never said I wasn't satisfied with those games. I said they were bent towards consoles, which they were, since 360 was the lead SKU for both.

18. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 18:43 Dades

I'm pretty sure they were both bent towards consoles.

If you weren't satisfied with either of these games then you might as well sell your PC, nothing coming out will ever satisfy you.

17. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Apr 29, 2009, 18:13 HugeJerk

Its so great reading endless streams of profanity in every thread here.

yeeay to game and media violence and perversion.

It's true! There was no profanity or violence before video games and the "media"... and maybe that pesky "Rock and Roll" music... and those degenerate "Comic" books.

16. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 18:08 Jerykk

Oblivion was slightly bent towards PC. Fallout was slightly bent towards consoles.

I'm pretty sure they were both bent towards consoles.

15. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Apr 29, 2009, 18:02 Optimaximal

Time to bust out the FO3 disc again!
Who needs the disc? Just use Fallout3.exe rather than the Launcher (which is where the disc check is)

Also, its annoying that whilst they've fixed the VATS calculation bug, they still haven't sorted the 0%/delay bug they introduced in the first patch.

14. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 18:01 Kxmode

Release oblivion.
community : Fuck you bethesda, your leveled shit sucks!

Release FO3.
community : Fuck you bethesda, where is our leveled shit?!

Oblivion was slightly bent towards PC. Fallout was slightly bent towards consoles.

13. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Apr 29, 2009, 17:26 Klaus Flouride

Time to bust out the FO3 disc again!  

When all else fails empty the magazine...

12. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Apr 29, 2009, 17:13 Hellbinder

Its so great reading endless streams of profanity in every thread here.

yeeay to game and media violence and perversion.

The Whales name is Bob.

11. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 17:13 Howin

I don't know why peopled hated the leveling stuff in game.

I thought it was great, adds to replay ability as you can leave the starting area and go in any direction to level up. Want to just play shivering isle, no problem start there. Only thing I didn't like is that special weapons didn't level up with you but a mod fixed that.

10. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Apr 29, 2009, 17:11 StingingVelvet

'Bout time they fixed the vats bugs... can't wait for Broken Steel!  

9. Re: Fallout 3 Patches Apr 29, 2009, 17:05 Techie714 ©

I'm no Creston fan but this made me LOL!

Release oblivion.

Release FO3.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8. Re: FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 16:40 Creston

Only one way to find out for sure and that's to try it. If the mod is built decently it shouldn't matter, but some of those guys are using really hacky shit to get their mods going, and those tend to break.

The one thing that amazes me is that everyone uses FOOK. Bethesda put leveled shit into Oblivion, and EVERYONE hated it, and 50 mods came out to get rid of the leveled shit.

So Bethesda releases FO3, where they do away with most of the leveled stuff, and now everyone plays a mod that puts the leveled shit right back INTO the game?

It's a quality mod, but that just baffles me. Imagine being Bethesda.

Release oblivion.

Release FO3.

Confused

Creston

7. FO3 + mods + patch Apr 29, 2009, 16:30 skyguy

I already have a bunch of mods installed, FOOK, slow leveling, explosive entry, and a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting. Can I just install the patch and play without screwing up my mods, or do I need to reinstall everything after patching it?

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo